• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you used to dislike, but have grown fond of over time.

No Pokémon out of the few I dislike has come to impress me in a way to make me stop disliking them. I used Scyther and Sceptile in two different runs of the Battle Frontier, and they were very helpful. However, I knew they were good Pokémon all along, at least in "serious" battles, so I wasn't too taken aback. I still dislike them.

Then there's Pokémon I used to dislike for silly reasons, like Ninjask, Glalie and Sharpedo. They just annoyed me beyond belief in my Ruby gameplay. Now I don't think much about them, though. I even used a Glalie in XD. I'd use a Shapedo if the chance ever came. As for Ninjask, it's blah to me for being a Bug/Flying, but I don't dislike it anymore.

I don't dislike a lot of Pokémon as it is, so I can't really say one example. The closest would be stuff like Murkrow and Magcargo, which I used to think they sucked, but were prety good in some in-game runs. I never really disliked them as it is, but yeah. That's the closest it gets.

I think about 50% of the Generation V Pokémon fall under this category for me, but especially Ranculus (which, incidentally, you will not hear me calling "Reuniclus" anytime soon).

Lucario, Mamoswine, Electivire, Tangrowth, Burmy, Bastiodon. In 4th generation there were many Pokémon I couldn't stand but somehow every one of them have become my favourite Pokémon. Maybe somehow, somewhere in my head I tried to deny that I do really like them...
Usually reading some random facts and infos about them makes me realize, "oh, it's actually quite awesome".

Lucario, Mamoswine, Electivire, Tangrowth, Burmy, Bastiodon. In 4th generation there were many Pokémon I couldn't stand but somehow every one of them have become my favourite Pokémon. Maybe somehow, somewhere in my head I tried to deny that I do really like them...
Usually reading some random facts and infos about them makes me realize, "oh, it's actually quite awesome".

You know, i can't really think of a particular one. But the new pokes in Gen V are really something...

Swellow and Gardevoir were Pokemon I used to hate...but they are okay now :)

snorlax

i used to think him as a fat retarted lard, but now i realize how good he is and think he actually looks pretty cool.

Blaziken, I hated this weirdo when I played RSE for the first time, but it grow on me with a little help of the time.

Numel line. At first Numel looked horribly ugly. But I decided to try using it since my team needs a fire type. I loved it once it became a Camerupt and learned Eruption

I have a list of them. Here we go...

1) Pokabu - He was my least favorite Isshu starter at first. Now he's been bumped up to second favorite, since he eventually evolves into FUCKIN' GANON!!

2) Palkia - I preferred Dialga at first, since I saw Palkia as being way too girly. Now, it's more of a case of "real men wear pink", as I now use Palkia more often than I use Dialga.

3) Giratina's Altered Forme - I just preferred Origin forme. Then I saw that the Altered forme looks a lot better in plushie form.

4) Registeel - It was, at first, my least favorite Regi. Now it is, by far, my favorite, since I've had an easier time catching it in Pokémon Platinum version than I did the others.

5)Mudkip - At first, I just preferred Treecko. Then I found out about the "So I herd u liek Mudkips" meme.

Like a lot of the people in this thread, I had this reaction over Oshawott. The fanart Kasumi did of it is probably what swayed me.

The instance of me changing my mind about a Pokémon that immediately comes to mind is that of Zangoose. When Ruby and Sapphire first came out, I always liked Seviper a lot more out of the the two version exclusives, but for whatever reason I ended up buying Ruby first. When I first saw Zangoose, I didn't give it a second glance.

Since then however, something happened. I have absolutely no idea what it could have been, but for some reason, Zangoose is now my absolute favourite Pokémon.

Weird, huh?

When I first saw Oshawott I thought it looked ridiculous and I would never pick it as my starter. After I saw it's evolutions and some impressive fanart, it grew on me.

I'll definitely be picking it as my starter now.

To say the most, Togekiss. I first I thought it ruined Togepi, but now I have it on both my Platinum and SoulSilver teams. Great attack pool compared to the preeves. I also found it to be quite cute, even quite...large.

Jirachi. I never really liked it. Then, when my friend gave me one of his spare Colosseum bonus Jirachi's, it became my favorite Pokemon. ... Odd. >>

Pokabu & Mijmaru! I couldn't stand them at first glance, but after watching Best Wishes in Japanese, I've grown fond of them. When the starter images first came out, I decided to go with Snivy (then I called it the epic looking snake), but now I'm torn, I don't know which I'm gonna go with!

Oshawott... I used to think it looked stupid, but I think it's adorable now. :3

Also Lickilicky. I really hated its design for a long time, but decided to do a run of Platinum with Pokémon I would never use normally just for the heck of it, and ended up really liking Lickilicky quite a bit. I think it's cuter now too.

electivire, i used to avoid it because it just looked off you know with the who no-neck thing but now i absolutly love it :D maybe its cause the no-neck thing made it a little cuter!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom