• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you wish Ash would get, but he probably just won't

Kitasuki

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Hey,
So this thread is meant to just be a place of bottomless hope. With this I mean a place where you can say you want Ash to catch a pokémon when you know there's a bigger chance of Ash just being a super sayian after all these years.
So I'll have a go first. For me it's
Drum roll...
Manectric!
Why? It's my favorite mon, so, having it become a regular in the show would just be great. Also it would mean Ash got another electric type which is always nice.
Now your turn!

There's a lot: Scyther, Nidoran ♂️, Cubone lines are the main examples (unfortunately Goh caught all three this series :confused:) but I still have hope for Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar and Sneasel/Weavile.

I’d love it, but it’s a little too similar to Dragonite as of now.
Nonetheless, Flygon is a pokémon that some still think of when thinking of Ash.
So, I believe that, if this season wants to do some fan pandering, flygon is surely on the catch list. An agressive a ruthless Flygon for example would be a great counterpart to dragonite and a huge opportunity to make Goodra return!

Nonetheless, Flygon is a pokémon that some still think of when thinking of Ash.
So, I believe that, if this season wants to do some fan pandering, flygon is surely on the catch list. An agressive a ruthless Flygon for example would be a great counterpart to dragonite and a huge opportunity to make Goodra return!
There's also the issue of it having the same exact typing as Garchomp, who Ash might get either through catching one directly or evolving the Gible that he has at Oak's.

I’m still holding out hope for Zoroark!

If Ash was to catch any Legendary Pokémon, Latias and Kubfu would be the best options IMO, but I'm not sure if they want to bring back Latias, and with Ash's capture of Farfetch'd, I don't really see him having three Fighting types.

They did give him 3 flying types in Kalos, so it’s possible.

Maybe tier (I'd like Ash them to use them and they could adapt to his battle style, but they aren't exactly high on popularity lists): Victreebel, Politoed, Hitmontop, Marshtomp, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Crabominable, Golisopod, Palossand, Flapple, Runerigus, Falinks, Copperajah.

Impossible tier (have unique characteristics that make them impossible to appear constantly or don't go well with Ash, but would be cool): Ditto, Mewtwo, Mantine, Milotic, Archeops, Florges, Tyrantrum, Stonjouner.

Maybe tier (I'd like Ash them to use them and they could adapt to his battle style, but they aren't exactly high on popularity lists): Victreebel, Politoed, Hitmontop, Marshtomp, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Crabominable, Golisopod, Palossand, Flapple, Runerigus, Falinks, Copperajah.

Impossible tier (have unique characteristics that make them impossible to appear constantly or don't go well with Ash, but would be cool): Ditto, Mewtwo, Mantine, Milotic, Archeops, Florges, Tyrantrum, Stonjouner.
Stonjouner would be nice!!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom