• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you would actually redesign

I would also make the starters middle stages more bulky and memorable.

I always thought that Dewott is quite memorable because he's a more gallant Oshawott. Pignite too because of how different he is from Tepig, although for Servine, I can agree.

Thanks for reading.

Personally I would have to do something with Simisear, Simisage, and Simipour. They are awful looking to be honest! I literally refuse to evolve my monkeys because I don't like the looks of their evolutions! Oh, I hope Cilan never evolves Pansage, I would be so mad at him!
Simisear looks fine, except I could get rid of the fluffy whiteness around its neck and make its body a bit wider at the top because getting rid of the white would make him look too skinny there.
Simisage is the best looking one, except I would change the "hair" on its head a bit. Maybe just shorten it.
For Simipour, its "hair" on its head would have to be changed to something different

Simisear is alright, it just really needs a different pose. The current sprite has the arms in a really awkward pose and the expression on it's face...when I saw it for the first time, my immediate reaction was "Oh, wow, it looks like it is trying to apologize to everyone for its existence."

For me, I'd like to see some redesign on the Tepig line, specifically, I'd like to see it not go bipedal.

Kyurem! For a legendary, he looks pathetic! :p

And am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that one of his wings (or what ever they are) is BIGGER than the other one?

Hopefully he will get a alternate form soon!

EDIT: And Zapdos! Why couldn't it look more majestic like the other 2 legendary birds?

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon that may need redesigning.

I have to agree, Venomoth and Butterfree should swap sprites, but... Why green? Why should Venomoth be recolored? Green caterpillars don't turn into green butterflies. Most of the time, at least. Venomoth just needs its yellow spots back.

I don't know what I was thinking when I said Venomoth should be recoloured... I think I saw fanart of a recoloured Venomoth to match Caterpie/Metapod and just really thought it fit.

I wouldn't redesign any Pokémon, to be honest, even though I dislike a lot of their current designs. In nature, things are ugly, a lot of the time, in response to having to adapt to the environment - having Pokémon that aren't all perfect (or anywhere near perfect) makes it seem more realistic to me.

And am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that one of his wings (or what ever they are) is BIGGER than the other one?
It's meant to be that way, it's been explicitly stated that asymmetry is a key feature of it's design.

I'd redesign the Kami trio to be more different from one another. The minor differences in hair and tail shape and horn numbers aren't enough for me to view these as separate Pokemon instead of three rehashes of the same design.

Uh, I think the incredibly generic generation 3 Pokemon is called "Wingull"...? Well, either way I''d like to change that Pokemon because I swear it's just a seagull. No character whatsoever.

Kyurem! For a legendary, he looks pathetic! :p

Hopefully he will get a alternate form soon!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I like Kyurem's design :p

It doesn't look all that pathetic to me, just old.

On Giratina's Alternate Forme:

Well... It is out of its element. I'd look unusual in another dimension too.

^ This.

Also:

I'd redesign the whole Oshawott and Tepig lines. Everything about them. Typing, looks, everything.

Oshawott's line, especially Samurott, could use a good redesign to make it seem less unusual. I preferred the looks of Blastoise and Feraligatr, so maybe something sort of like that, but not a complete rehash. I'd change the typing to ANYTHING besides pure Water.

As for Tepig, I'd completely change the basis of the entire line. Sorry, but pigs don't work for me. I don't know what to, but whatever. Anything but pigs. And on typing, don't we have enough Fire/Fighting type starters? Anything except that and pure Fire would be nice.

Finally:

I'd change Cryogonal, too. It's really, really confusing, and just plain ugly. Maybe a more defined shape of a snowflake, remove the "mustache," and get rid of the creepy eyes for some yellow half-circles turned 45 degrees (the angry way).

I can't think of any that I'd outright change completely off the top of my head.

That said, I'm not all that fond of the whole 'red iris, black sclera' thing, as bar a few exceptions, I feel it makes 'mons look a little souless. It's especially irksome on 'mons like Fraxure, for instance, and on larger pokemon, it just feels like they're trying too hard to seem 'badass' or whatever.

There's also stuff like the inexplicable blue rings on Camerupt or the weird crotch fur on Beartic that I'd dispose of.

Tangrowth and Lickylicky are the most obvious to me, such little effort put into them.

Hydreigon's body is literally a ball. It's design is fantastic otherwise but especially in the anime they make it look so ungraceful and rolly polly like.

Electrode's eyes have always bothered me, they're just stenciled on I think? Same deal with Quagsire.

I'd also just remove Rhyperior, Magmortar and Electivire. I mean, unless someone could do a WAY better job with them. Rhyperior, in particular, was bad.

I would redesign Emboar completely into a Lion like creature rather than a hog <.< I don't know why I just don't like Pokemon that resemble pigs in any way.

Lickilicky.

I don't know what the hell I'd do but I'd do something so it doesn't look like a pink piece of shit.

--------------

And I'd redesign Sharpedo to look more like a real shark.

Re: Pokemon that may need redesigning.

For Tyranitar I think it looks too Godzillaish which may understandable as Pokemon is a Japanese series. I think Tyranitar should resemble slightly more like actual large Theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus rex, by having Tyranitar leaning horizontally forwards and having a slightly more pronounced neck and slightly larger more T-Rex like head. I think it would be more awesome that way

That would also help other Pokemon like Rampardos and Haxorus. Making their postures horizontal and their legs longer would make them faster and more agile. That made the T. rex and the raptors in Jurassic Park scarier and more dangerous than dinosaurs in earlier movies.

The Lickitung family, obviously.

I'd also like to redesign Samurott in to something more... asian looking, because for some reason he and Cobalion look similar to me -.-

Most, if not all of the Unova pokemon I've seen need a full redesign. Its one of the reasons I never bought white or black (as well as them not having any older pokemon for most of the game and my choice at the time being white/ black with a free... victini I think it was called or soul silver- a remake of one of the best pokemon games ever)

Most, if not all of the Unova pokemon I've seen need a full redesign. Its one of the reasons I never bought white or black (as well as them not having any older pokemon for most of the game and my choice at the time being white/ black with a free... victini I think it was called or soul silver- a remake of one of the best pokemon games ever)

Gen V is way better then I... If you ask me Gen I had the worst designs I mean come-on Dugtrio/Dotrio/Magneton are all just their lower forms with an a extra head (or 2) stuck on Muk is just a bigger Grimer, Electrode is a bigger upsidedown Voltorb the designs there are way to simple...

Gen V is way better then I... If you ask me Gen I had the worst designs I mean come-on Dugtrio/Dotrio/Magneton are all just their lower forms with an a extra head (or 2) stuck on Muk is just a bigger Grimer, Electrode is a bigger upsidedown Voltorb the designs there are way to simple...

Nice Arcanine on your avatar :p

On a seperate note, I would redesign Bouffalant. Actually, just remove it. It's basically what Tauros would look like if it were a teenager in the 70's.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom