• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you would actually redesign

Vanillite and it's evolution's, The whole idea of having Pokemon look like ice cream cones is a little weird in my opinion. :|

but it does result in hilarious situations like this video
You Ate His Face - YouTube

Lol!!!!

Vanillite and it's evolution's, The whole idea of having Pokemon look like ice cream cones is a little weird in my opinion. :|

I'm not sure that would be considered a 'redesign', if you're changing the entire concept around it. That's just getting rid of one Pokemon and putting in another imo.

I didn't see it that way, but I guess you're right.

Look at Cellebis arms, now look at her legs. Way out of proportion! Plus she doesn't have toes, and yet she has fingers?

That's a little too realistic, lol. That looks like some sort of dinosaur (I know Tyranitar was supposed to be dinosaur-like... but not that much, lol)

If I redesigned one then I'd say Unown. The concept is not bad... except that the fact that each one corresponds to a letter of the English alphabet is odd, seeing as they're ancient and English didn't exist back then. So they could go with the Latin alphabet and remove the "J" and the "U" and some others... or they could be designed to be completely different (maybe like heiroglyphs or something).

Also, I'd like to redesign Mew and Mewtwo so that their colours match the original colours. Mew was supposed to be white with a slight pink tint and Mewtwo was supposed to be white with a slight purple tint... but now they've gone and made it so extreme that Mew literaly is pink and Mewtwo literally is purple. I remember seeing the poster for the movie and thinking "why are they coloured that way on the poster?" (and I didn't like it at all). And now it's as if the colouring on the poster is the official colouring or something.

Venusaur(awful compared to BULBASAUR!!!),Emboar,Typhlosion(so simple),Dragonite(so awful sprite-like compared to Salamence),Machamp(-2 hands),Conkeldurr(like venusaur)and much much more....

also pupitar and shlegon changed to something like fraxure would be better

and finally....

Zweillous(2 heads?really?)

I'd redesign magmortar, rhyperior, and electivire. For pokemon with a third evolution i think they coulda done a better design, especially since they're each a badass pokemon.

Dragonite. It just looks so random compared to its pre-evolutions.
Also, the Deino line and the Magby line. Hydreigon's pre-evolutions have to look more like dragons and less like weird, blue alien camels, and Magby's evolutions are just aesthetically awful, IMHO.

Also, I'd like to redesign Mew and Mewtwo so that their colours match the original colours. Mew was supposed to be white with a slight pink tint and Mewtwo was supposed to be white with a slight purple tint... but now they've gone and made it so extreme that Mew literaly is pink and Mewtwo literally is purple. I remember seeing the poster for the movie and thinking "why are they coloured that way on the poster?" (and I didn't like it at all). And now it's as if the colouring on the poster is the official colouring or something.

I do agree that the original colorations were better, but keep in mind that a lot of the original artwork had watered down colors as opposed to the vibrancy of the new art and that the old sprites had pretty strict color limitations. This may have been why there was such a dramatic change.

I would make Muk look more than just an overgrown Grimer, I'd make it look semi humanoid.

deino line should have been like the cybernatic line that was intended for it.
CyberEndDragon.jpg
I actually would love a three headed cybernetic dragon.
I wonder why they changed it?
Either way, Deino's line has an awesome design.

Steel/Dragon would've been too OP for Gen. 5 metagame. I guess GameFreak pays attention to the fan battling scene, which is pleasantly surprising. Unfortunately, even with the Fairy-type, Steel/Dragon would probably still be too OP, unless they created a Fighting/Fairy to nerf both types at once.

I would redesign Talonflame to a tiny speck so I don't have to look at its hideous face when I send it out.

In all seriousness, however, I would redesign Dragonite, at least changing it's color palette to Dragonair's.

I like them, but I would change Grimer and Muk. Piles of sludge? Really? And people complain about Vanillite and Litwick and Klefki, etc. having uninspired designs. Grimer and Muk are good in battle, but they'd be better off appearing humanoid with sludge running down from the top of their heads, or perhaps something else. Garbodor is another offender of poor design, but I don't know what to do to change it.

I'd make Dragonite's wings a little larger and I do kinda miss the ear wings Dragonair has but it would look a little odd. Dragonite looks like it's on steroids due to being big and bulky and little wings.
I do like Dragonite though...

I'd redesign Diggersby into something that looks a bit more agile and less like a fuzzy pile of rocks with Popeye arms sticking out of the top. Maybe make it look like a Robin Hood-style archer.

I'd redesign Suicune's crest, and make it resemble stag horns rather than a weird hexagon. Also, if the purple mane was supposed to represent an aurora, I'd make it LOOK like one... y'know, all rainbow-hued.

I'd redesign Binacle and Barbacle. I think that Binacle should look more like a nice anemone attached to a rock, rather than a rock with two rock like face-appendages attached to it xD For Barbacle, the anemone would look more menacing and two long anemone tentacles for its arms, again, other than the rock like arms and heads. I just want its head and limbs to be a little softer and smoother, like an anemone, but still have the power to destroy, like a sea monster!!

Krookodile to follow the colouring of his prior forms.

The big two on my list:

- Mega Manectric. That giant lightning bolt is just . . . no. He needs a trip to Frisier Furfrou!

- Mega Charizard X. I'd paint this guy a nice deep Oriental red, remove some of those spikes, get rid of the foaming flaming around the mouth (or at least make it look more whisker-like than rabid-like). The blue flames can stay, though.

I would make Tympole more like Palpitoad (AAAHH THE HUMAN FACE) and make Gurdurr and Conkelldurr lose the Rudolph nose. It just looks odd.

The human face reminds me of this old kids show, Jay Jay the Jet Plane. Look it up. I would change the Monkeys second form, especially Simipour. It reminds me of dreadlocks for some reason...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom