• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you're indifferent to?

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score
You know, Pokemon that when someone asks you what you think of them, you just say "meh." You don't hate them, but you don't love them, either.

Which Pokemon are you indifferent to?

Fearow- I hate how it looks, but it served me good in Pokemon Red.
Sneasel- I've always loved their stats and attacks, but have never had the urge to train them.
Tropius- I love its design, but I always choose Grass as my starter anyways.
Pinsir- Though it has great stats, I like Scizor much better.
Sudowoodo- If it didn't have such terrible stats and matchups, I'd like it a lot more.

The first Pokémon that came into my mind when I saw this thread were Golem and Glalie. They're pretty cool in terms of design, but their battling abilities aren't that great. The same can be said for many other Pokémon, imo.

Darkrai. Never really cared for it. Meh name, meh design... it just did nothing for me.

Golem,Clawdunt,wigglytuff,chatot and emonga(that electic flying squiral thing from gen5)

None, I Do Like All Pokémon, All Of Them Have Their Ups and Downs, But I Like Each One Of Them For Some Reason

I don't care a shit about 70% of the monsters.
But there is ones above all the others:

- Charizard: Lame, worst fire starter until Generation V.
- Salamente: Ugly as hell.
- Metagross: Ugly as hell, but this one has a decent typing at least.
- Lucario: Don't get me wrong, Lucario has a fucking cool design and typing, but I just don't care about it.

And also:

- Almost all fire type pokémon: I just don't like this type.
- Almost all rock type pokémon: With exception of Rampardos, Rhyperior and maybe some fossils, the other ones are nothing to me.
- Almost all flying type pokémon: Not that I don't like this type, I just don't like the simple design of a great part of the birds. At least I have Honchkrow, Swellow, Tornadus and one more or maybe two.
- Blissey: Never used and still don't get why it is so popular. Ok, I'm lying, I fucking know why.

Right off the top of my head:: Pachirisu, Plusle and Minun, Barboach, Poliwag and its evolutions, Psyduck and Golduck

Many Pokemon that always stand on all fours, I just don't find a lot of them interesting to look at, but I never had a problem with them at all. Like Turtwig, all I can say when I look at it is 'ok'.

Flying types are becoming this. Maybe I just got sick of the Fly HM, maybe its because of how common and early the flying type usually is, but I just got tired of it. I still think they are useful, and some are cool to look at, but whatever.

Claydol, lunatone, dunsparce, solrock, etc...

Mainly the pokemon that are unremembered.

I am also indiffernet to pokemon such as shijika and other ones that I don't hate the design of, but will probably just catch and store in my PC.

I don't care a shit about 70% of the monsters.
But there is ones above all the others:

- Charizard: Lame, worst fire starter until Generation V.
- Salamente: Ugly as hell.
- Metagross: Ugly as hell, but this one has a decent typing at least.
- Lucario: Don't get me wrong, Lucario has a fucking cool design and typing, but I just don't care about it.

And also:

- Almost all fire type pokémon: I just don't like this type.
- Almost all rock type pokémon: With exception of Rampardos, Rhyperior and maybe some fossils, the other ones are nothing to me.
- Almost all flying type pokémon: Not that I don't like this type, I just don't like the simple design of a great part of the birds. At least I have Honchkrow, Swellow, Tornadus and one more or maybe two.
- Blissey: Never used and still don't get why it is so popular. Ok, I'm lying, I fucking know why.

... This thread is about Pokemon you're indifferent to. Not what you don't like.

/

The Pokemon I'm indifferent to are::
- Gengar: Neat Pokemon, was too lazy to get a Gengar through trade.
- Marowak: Awesome concept. Not notable to be on my team though :/
- Starmie: Really interesting Pokemon. But there are many other interesting Water type Pokemon.
- Lapras: Really powerful Pokemon and under rated... Hard to train...
- Aerodactyl: I don't know, the other fossil Pokemon sort of overshadow Aerodactyl
- Lanturn: Unique typing, never got around to keeping one on my team. :/
- Xatu: Interesting concept and typing. Under powered.
- Politoed: Adorable, interesting Pokemon. Too hard to obtain.
- Jumpluff: Awesome. Too weak for a three stager.
- Sunflora: Bellossom, Roserade, and now Lilligant overshadows this poor thing.
- Octillery: Interesting concept. Like I said earlier, too many water types to choose from..
- Ludicolo: Cool Pokemon. Never thought of getting one, don't know why.
- Shiftry: Same as Ludicolo..
- Masquerain: Really interesting, but weak. :/
- Breloom: Really strong and unique. Used it for one playthrough.
- Hariyama: Hate it, but it's really good in battles.
- Aggron: Super awesome, but damn hard to get.
- Manectric: Nice Pokemon, too weak. :/
- Banette: Very cool and creepy. It doesn't stand out that much though... :/
- Walrein: Very useful, but not as used as it should be.
- Roserade: Powerful grass type Pokemon, but it's popularity made me avoid it.
- Floatzel: Because of Buizel's reveal prior to the games, I got sick of Floatzel, even though it was revealed after the games came out. It's a nice Pokemon overall
- Bronzong: A B***H! Really difficult to beat. A really interesting one.
- Toxicroak: Idk, it's interesting, didn't like having to try look for Croagunk in the Pastoria Marsh. :/
- Lumineon: Once again, too many water types, interesting, but yet repeated fish Pokemon.
- Stoutland: Very cool looking. However, the fact that you can obtain a Lillipup early on in the games ruins it for me. :/
- Liepard: Same reason as Stoutland
- Zebstrika: Love Blitzle, hate Zebstrika...
- Seismitoad: Really cool Pokemon. Originally, I thought it was ugly. Swanna takes the surf and fly spot, making Swanna more useful.. :/
- Maractus: Poor thing. It's one of the overlooked Pokemon. Interesting thing
- Amoonguss: Interesting, weak.
- Eelektross: Interesting, Chandelure dominates it though :/
- Cryogonal: Wow.
- Druddigon: Unique, a single stage dragon type. That's new
- Heatmor: It'd be more notable if it had a pre-evolution, maybe?

There are lots of pokemon I'm indifferent to..
Like the Lotad line
The Stunky line
and for some weird reason, Sazandora

For me, all three of the Generation I starters and their respective evolutions. I just got bored with them after a while. I chalk it up to a mixture of anime and merchandising exposure, me playing through Blue and Yellow about twenty times too many, and the people who always insist upon using them as the golden standard against which to compare every set of starters we get with each new generation.

Too many to list. However, here's a few.

Early Bugs - They're pretty crappy and often lack the design to make them slightly appealing, so I ignore them most of the time. The only exception was Ariados (Probably the only decent one), and somewhat Beedrill.

Bug/Flying Pokémon - In a similar vein as above. I consider this combination to be the worst of all, and I was so tired of so many Pokémon with potential being ruined by it. The only Bug/Flying I kinda like is Vespiquen.

Early Mammals - Like the early Bugs, they're pretty mediocre in battle and design, so I ignore them most of the time. Exceptions are Furret, and somewhat Bibarel for being novelty among them and the best HM Slave of all the franchise. Somewhat Zigzagoon too, because my girlfriend loves it. XP

Gimmick Pokémon - They're oftentimes useless, and as said, gimmicky. Some are not useless, such as Ditto and Smeargle, at least for non-battle purposes, but other than that...

Fish Pokémon - I find the vast majority to be boring in design, and they're too samey in battles as well, besides Stats and a few other things. The only exception I can recall is Gorebyss, which I actually like a lot.

That's about it I think.

Early bugs are awesome (Actually all bugs in pokémon are), but I agree about fish pokémon.

There aren't many but here goes:

Weedle - Kakuna - Beedrill
They ramped that up so much in the anime and it turned out not to be good at all. OK maybe some good but still...

Beautifly
Liked Dustox better. And also, I was hoping for more creativity. We already had Butterfree.

Mudkip - Marshtomp - Swampert
Just..."meh"

Trapinch
I know. I know. I like Flygons yet I don't like Trapinch?
I just didn't get how Trapinch evolved into Vibrava and didn't know until I trained one up to level (was it 32?) This means it has a bad design. It's moves aren't great.
Just "meh". I still like it cuz it evolves to Flygon.

Beldum
Terrible design. Its a leg. Its only move is Take Down. Im not even sure if it has Rock Head ability.

Mr Mime
Should have given it a signature move. Failed name for a female version. Anime made it look gay.

Wynaut
Wobuffet didn't need a prevo. And lets face it, Wynaut?

Trapinch
I know. I know. I like Flygons yet I don't like Trapinch?
I just didn't get how Trapinch evolved into Vibrava and didn't know until I trained one up to level (was it 32?) This means it has a bad design. It's moves aren't great.
Just "meh". I still like it cuz it evolves to Flygon.

Ahem!

Obviously, you aren't familiar with how some real life animals change.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom