• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you're Proud/Lucky to own

GhostBear

Reaction score
So, what Pokemon are you either:
- Proud to have owned/trained and why
Or
- Lucky to have caught.

Mine are:
Shiny, Modest Polywag (Now a Polytoad) with great IVs :D Caught it in the pond in the top corner of Ecruteak city. And if that wasnt unbelievable, in my favourite Pokeball (A Premier Ball) no less ! It's now EV trained and helping me destroy Team Rocket.
And
Adamant Lake of Rage Gyarados, Caught it and went to see what nature and it was Adamant :D But unfortunately it's Attack IVs are abysmal, might still EV train it for the wow factor though hehe.

What about you guys ?

My Dragonite. The second one I've owned in all the games, but the first one I've been able to actually play with. I had gotten one in my Gold game but the cartridge died just minutes after it evolved and I saved.

So for me, this is great because Dragonite has always been my favorite pokemon and I can finally use it!

Every single one of the damned legendaries I have. I have a half-full box of Legendaries on my Japanese game. I have to go bring some over from my DPPt games, though I do aim to have a full set of all legendaries. xD

When you go and capture 11 legendaries all in one game (add a few more for event things), it feels like a big accomplishment.

Milotics. I now own about 30 of them, since I've bred the [expletive deleted] out of them once I finally got my hands on a stinkin' Feebas. :)

Oh, yeah, and I had to do that twice, because the first time I went through the trouble of getting a Feebas, the game save died after the Elite 4 and I hadn't traded any of them to my g/f's game.

Polywag (Now a Polytoad)

My Pokédex does not have an entry for Polywag or Polytoad (and by extension, not for Polywhirl or Polywrath either).

Anyway, my Rayquaza from Sapphire that was caught with a Luxury Ball. It has a x1 catch rate. In SS, Sudowoodo, because it was the only stationary I caught within my ultimate first-thrown-ball-will-catch-for-sure streak (yes, I caught every Pokémon with the first try all the way up there starting from the beginning of the game. The streak was broken by a Farfetch'd shortly after that).

Last edited:
My Breloom. Got it as a Shroomish in a trade, got it to Lv. 45 for Spore, and evolved it. It saved me many times in the league (rematches)

My Pokédex does not have an entry for Polywag or Polytoad (and by extension, not for Polywhirl or Polywrath either).

Anyway, my Rayquaza from Sapphire that was caught with a Luxury Ball. It has a x1 catch rate. In SS, Sudowoodo, because it was the only stationary I caught within my ultimate first-thrown-ball-will-catch-for-sure streak (yes, I caught every Pokémon with the first try all the way up there starting from the beginning of the game. The streak was broken by a Farfetch'd shortly after that).

You mean you've not seen one or the entry just doesnt exist ? You can see Chuck with a Polywrath, and you can catch Polywag's with Old and Good rods in most bodies of water.

My Modest Dialga. (Got it back in Diamond, caught it with a Masterball, I got it with Modest on my first try (although I wasn't going to SR for a better one even if it had an Adament nature, I didn't care about stuff like that at the time.)

Catching a level 17 Magneton with one Safari Ball in SS. I love pokemon whose levels don't seem to work.

You mean you've not seen one or the entry just doesnt exist ? You can see Chuck with a Polywrath, and you can catch Polywag's with Old and Good rods in most bodies of water.

Seriously... it's called sarcasm. The correct spelling for each is Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. Not with Y, but with I. And "toed", not "toad".

Catching a level 17 Magneton with one Safari Ball in SS. I love pokemon whose levels don't seem to work.

I love those too. I have a level 6 Butterfree in HeartGold that I don't plan to touch. I caught it even though I had a level 20ish Butterfree at the time.

My Mew thats has been past from game to game (I think Emerald--->Saphire--->Leaf Green--->Soul Silver)

My Wobbufet
First one i caught, Had perfect IVs and the right nature
and it's female so she has lipstick!

Seriously... it's called sarcasm. The correct spelling for each is Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. Not with Y, but with I. And "toed", not "toad".

You're not one to talk. "Location: An European country...". Should be "A European country..."

You're not one to talk. "Location: An European country...". Should be "A European country..."
I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for that. The Pokémon names are the same in Finnish as they are in English, unlike articles (there aren't any in the Finnish language, actually). Now move on, don't get tangled to that post; I didn't originally intend to explain that comment but it seemed that that user didn't understand it at all.

Last edited:
My Yanmega. He got me through so many tough spots in battles, against Cynthia, the Elite Four, and the Battle Frontier.

My greatest, getting Darkrai in a pokeball, well it took about 30 ultra balls and a few dusk balls before I got it in the pokeball.

My Poliwrath with metronome pal parked from FireRed.

My shiny sableye, first shiny I caught and found in Sapphire, traded to Pearl, then Platinum, maybe transfer it to HG if I can find my other DS lite if it still works

Also even though its crad and not worth battling with, my butterfree with double edge.

Red Gyarados in Love Ball just feels so wrong.
And Giratina in Heal Ball, the pink fits it so well:yahoo:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom