• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you're Proud/Lucky to own

The Ursaring I've owned since Emerald. I've brought it to Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black.

My shiny Venomoth, that I caught as a Venonat in SoulSilver and transfered to White.
My Garchomp, Scizor, Arcanine, Ursaring, Ditto, Blastoise, Blaziken, Electivire and Flygon, all level 100.

My wonderful Golurk, Riser, who is Brave Natured and has Iron Fist. His Attack stat was 68 when I nabbed him as a Golett; my hubby has one with a similar stat, only his is Brave and "A little quick tempered". But Riser... he's "capable of taking hits"! Apparently, Riser was too awesome to require a double Attack booster!

He's been a great addition to my team. Strong, powerful and a killer at the Musical, too. Who would have thought that a giant robot could be such a ham?! :lol:

FireRed Charizard. Practically THE Charizard I've ever owned. Prior to transfer over to SoulSilver it was Level 98, and I used it to beat every trainer and soloed the Elite Four with it AND the Elite Four rematch after the Sevii Islands. Never felt such a grand rush through Kanto like that before, so this was the first major time of playing through a whole Kanto based game as well.

My english Reshiram-japanese Zekrom pair (both legit)
shiny camerupt in emerald
my brave nature tyranitar in Black
half a dozen of poor Milotics I caught in Black just for the trading purposes.

Basically all of my legends (I have 2 boxes full total) and some other stuff but here are the most memorable:
catching Zekrom with a Quick Ball on the first turn (that was my second time, I caught with a regular ball but lost to N so I soft resetted)
Catching TWO shiny Tangelas and a shiny Finneon. They (except for a Tangela) are evolved now.
Catching 'deep breath' Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Rayquaza, the full Musketeer trio, Uxie, Azelf, and Heatran with Dusk Balls. I liek Dusk ballz. ;)
Catching Giratina with my DS upside-down. lol
Wasting 20 balls on Soul Dew Latios, soft resetting, spending half my money on 100 Great and Ultra ball each, then catching Latios on the first turn with a Great Ball.
Getting event Jirachi, and realizing it had Pokerus.
Arceus.

My first event Pokemon, my Mew, is what I'm proudest to own. This was from back when you had to wait six hours in a line to get the Pokemon traded to you. I did make some friends there though, and had many great battles.

I'm proud of owning three Shiny Graveler (all of which knew Self-Destruct/Explosion on capture) and a Snorlax, who has evolved from a Munchlax I had encountered on a Honey Tree in Eterna Forest shortcut in Platinum.

I feel incredibly lucky that I still have my original team from Diamond all those years ago. They’re the only six who made it off that game, the rest get deposited into My Pokémon Ranch which somehow got erased when I sent my Wii in to get serviced. I bounced them and my other lads from cartridge to cartridge for years and now, to Pokémon Home’s credit, I can just open an app on my phone and look at the pals I’ve had since I was like 7 or 8. That’s pretty dope tbh.

I know this one is a freebie since all you need is a LGPE save to get it and it's not really special, but Mew in BDSP. This is pretty much the first time I actually even get to own one, and Mew is one of my top favorites in Gen I and one of the very few mythicals I even like, so I'm pretty happy/proud to finally use one in both versions.

Another one is a Japanese Reshiram I got from a friend in a trade years ago. My friend got a Japanese import of Black version as a gift from his parents and he just asked if I wanted his Reshiram after he completed the game, he was nice about it so I took him up on it. It's still in my White version to this day, and occasionally I like to do a few wild battles with it; it's why I have Black version as my replay "file", so to speak, instead of White version.

Obviously all my shiny Pokémon. I have over 90 (most are from Ultra Wormholes), but I'll just talk about the highlights.

• Farfetch'd from Platinum. First shiny I ever caught, and only 1/8,192 shiny I ever caught. But it was the second I ever saw, but the Quagsire ran since it was the Great Marsh. To this day, Farfetch'd is my third-favorite shiny (behind Magnemite and Magneton) and I love Farfetch'd itself.
  • Victreebel in Let's Go Eevee. Second shiny I ever caught (not counting Gyarados), over a decade after my first. It probably wasn't full-odds, but it was unexpected.
  • Dodrio in LGE. Third I ever caught, and weirdly it was the day after Victreebel. I go over a decade with no shinies, then I get two in a row. I don't know if it was full-odds or not.
  • Wooper in X and Quagsire in Ultra Moon. When I found out Quagsire was in the Ultra Wormholes, I needed a shiny one since I was still upset about the first one running. So I caught one at the beginning of 2021. About 9 months later I was hunting Nincada in the Friend Safari and I was way over odds. I phased (like always) on a Wooper, which further made up for that Quagsire.
  • Eevee and every Eeveelution in Sword (originally Go). Eevee is my favorite Pokémon, and I decided to get 9 Eevee on Community Day. I ended up doing that. Later during the December 2021 Community Day, I got 2 more Eevee.
  • Jynx in Crystal. It was from the Odd Egg, and it carried my team with a special Ice Punch. I was actually hoping for Tyrogue and Hitmontop because of Whitney, but I'm glad I got Smoochum now.
  • Mawile in Alpha Sapphire (originally X). One of my favorite Pokémon, and the first shiny I hunted in the Friend Safari. I phased and failed with Metang, but I ended up getting it.
  • Tsareena in Sword. The second full-odds shiny I ever caught (or third if Dodrio was full-odds). I was running through the Wild Area avoiding Pokémon, and Bounsweet just jumped out of nowhere.
  • Ambipom in Legends: Arceus. Third (or fouth) full-odds shiny. I was doing a bunch of outbreaks with no luck at all. During a Shellos outbreak, I finally heard sparkles and assumed one of them was shiny, but it was actually a nearby Aipom. It was my first shiny in LA.
  • Gallade in Legends: Arceus. I caught it a few hours ago, so it's special just because it was so recent.

I got a Shiny level 100 Jirachi through Wonder Trade in Ultra Moon. Their OT was ShinyGTS.com, whom of which I assume was the one I recieved them from.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom