• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you've always wanted to use but haven't

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
Im curious here as to if anyone has always wanted to use certain Pokemon in there games, but for whatever reason have not. Since there are 649 Pokemon and counting ,it's almost impossible to use them all or even to keep track of them all. What are some Pokemon you've always wanted to use, and why have you not used them yet?

For me:
Flygon: Flygon is a cool Dragon type that I have never used, however I plan to have one in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Ive usually favored other dragons and that's why Ive never used it

Last edited:
aerodactyl. you get it way to late into the game in leafgreen. But i' m starting to use it by leavimg it at the day care

Salamence, I love it's design and moves but I've just never got round to using ittt.

Aerodactyl for me too :p Also a lot of the Gen IV evolution that you couldn't until you beat the game in D/P(I never got Platinum), especially Froslass

Arcanine. I'd like to use it but I always seem to get the game which has vulpix instead. :(

Electabuzz! He's totally attainable yet I've never used him on a team. Or Victreebel.

This was the reason why I bought both Black and White (even though I would later trade in Black for Black 2...ironically that game now as a mostly pre-gen V party...)
Loads of Pokèmon are left behind because they show up too late in the game and I like having diversity in my teams, as such I hardly ever have two Pokèmon of the same type, even double-typed ones. (Except sometimes flying types).

Vulpix/Ninetails- I love foxes. Sadly growing up I ended up with the wrong version and just got a Growlithe. I've had a few Vulpixes in my time but none ended up on my main party because I already had another fire-type that was better by that time.
Shaymin- I probably would have used it if it wasn't level 30 when I got it...
Woobat/Swoobat- It WAS on my main party for a time in White...but then I replaced it with Victini to cover more types.
Marill/Azumarill- Also a Pokèmon who stayed on my main party for quite some time in Black 2, but was eventually beaten out by Dewott.
Tynamo- Generation V had too many interesting electric types! Emolga and Joltic won the lottery. Not even in my Electrics only team was I able to fit it!
Any dragon Pokèmon ever- They just show up too late...
Rattata/Raticate- I always had one leveling up in Red and its had a special place in my heart since I found Silver the Rattata, my very first legit shiny... But I've never had one at the Elite four before...or any normal type for that matter (except when I added Clefable in Red once just because I had never raised one to a high level.)
Pachurisu- In the end I liked Shinx better...and even that was ditched in favor of a Pikachu later.
Cubone/Marowak and Sandshrew/Sandslash- I love ground types but I could never fit a pure one in my team D:

Black 2 has become a bit of wish fulfillment though as it contains Pokèmon I've always wanted but never raised, or at least not raised in a long time:
Lucario- Never trained before because of how it was acquired in Generation IV. I also had Infernape so...
Zoroark- was replaced by Sandile in White because of its double typing.
Growlithe- Arcanine was my first "good" Pokèmon card as a kid, so it has a special place in my heart. I don't think I've often trained in red either since I would usually have a Charmander.
Mew- I did have one in Red, but this is the first time in recent generations I've trained one. Also for once its legit.

Mienshao- I was about to use one in Black until I found out how awesome my Archeops was and replaced it in my final party slot.
Skarmory- Either it was in the opposite version or I already had a Steel type and a Flying type.
Milotic- Seems to be a solid choice, I'm just never in a situation to use one.
Espeon- My party choices meant it wouldn't fit for the sake of type spread.
Galvantula- Same as above.

The ones I can think of at the top of my head right now are:

Ledian - really cool looking but very, very weak. But I'm looking to train one soon.

Ariados - I have started out training a Spinarak a couple of times in HG but always ended up losing patience with it. Ariados is pretty cool tho.

Dunsparce - I'm a great admirer of Dunsparce, both its design and skills at flinch-haxing its foes, but I have yet to train one myself in a game.

Granbull - My only experience with this guy is in the Battle Factory and in the rental mode at the PWT but I really want to train one. The only thing stopping me is that Snubbull has such a low encounter rate, but I'm trading one over for the HG Normal mono-type run I'm doing right now.

Magcargo - I like its design. I just think it looks neat and I should train one soon.

Weezing - It has a pretty fun movepool that I want to play around with and as with the others, I just think it looks pretty cool.

Relicanth - Such swag. I cannot resist. Must train in near future.

Letsee...

Mawile- Always wanted to use one but never could find a fit for it. Always liked its design though.

Sableye- Another monster whose design I love but could never get around training.

Ludicolo- Another fun design monster who never made the cut as I already had a few guys who covered his type. Gonna get into using one seriously one day.

Magcargo- Ever since Emerald I've taken a liking to these guys. Would really like to give 'em a shot in a main game someday.

Spinda- I... I can't help but laughing when I see the little guy. There aren't many bear Pokemon in the first place (hope there are more down the line) so I'd really like to give this little guy a fair shot someday.

Beartic- Despite me wanting to see more bear Pokemon, I've yet to get around using the ones the series made available. Beartic's awesome and all but by the time I reached the time (and season) to get his pre-evo, it didn't mean anything anymore.
Honestly my real beef with BW was that outside the ridiculous level requirements for evolution of the Unova Pokemon was the fact the ones I wanted appeared so late in the game...

Teddiursa/Ursaring- ....Wh-What? My excuse was that I've never SEEN a Teddiursa in my Gen II game (Silver). One day...

The only one I can think of right now is Starmie. I would have said Ariados too but I started training one on my new run of HG yesterday.

LanguageSponge

Xatu- When I was little I wanted one because I thought it was really cool. Unfortunately, I had no idea where to find one in Silver, so I never got around to using one.
Skarmory- I really, really wanted to use one in Silver, but it's available really late in the game(the 8th gym in Johto!), so it would be too much of a hassle to train it up to the levels of my other main Pokémon.
Miltank- Seriously, I wanted to train one of these too, but they are difficult to find and catch.
Kingdra- Again, I wanted one of these to train, but of course it was difficult to get since it requires trading.
Manectric- I always thought these were really cool. I just never got around to training one.
Milotic- These are also really cool but really difficult to obtain prior to Gen 5.
Relicanth- These are pretty cool, and have an interesting gimmick with the Regis. It's a shame they are so rare...
Chandelure- If I ever get Black or Black 2, I will use one of these since everyone seems to love them.

These are the ones I can think of at the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many more.

Milotic - No way in hell I'll spend ages trying to find a Feebas.
Meloetta - They didn't release it yet (as far as I know) and I don't have wi-fi to get one anyway.
Hydreigon - You get it very late in the game and it takes centuries to evolve.
Lots of uber legendaries - I want to use them, but where? I don't play competitively and the game goes to super easy mode with one in the party.

Milotic, never found a Feebas. And Klingklang, because I've always been inclined to Eelektross.

Weavile. I planned to use it on White 2 but I found out how late in the game it came and I ended up casting it aside.

Gardevoir- I like it's design. I had a Machamp in my Sapphire team, so it felt kinda weird using two human-like Pokemon.
Grumpig- I guess I really like pig Pokemon, since my favorite Unova starter is Tepig.
Lucario- I was always too lazy to get Rilou even with my other Pokemon, since you get it at level 1. Plus, I mostly play Pokemon during the evening. I hope to add Lucario to my team since I have a Riolu in Black 2.

v.v Jirachi.
I never got Colosseum (or even really know about it) so I've got like nil chance of ever getting it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom