• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you've always wanted to use but haven't

Lucario - I never got the hype about it, and I'm not very fond of Steel or Fighting types....I trained a Riluo for a bit in BW2, but not far enough to let it evolve or really develop at all as a team member. I'd like to raise one to its full potential one day, though.

Umbreon - I had one waaaaay long ago in Silver, but more recently have never been able to find a place for one on my team.

Swampert - Never played Gen 3, but I like the Water/Ground combo. I'd like to try to use one on a team someday.

Metagross - I caught a shiny Metang in my White2 and had planned on training it and evolving it in a future game, and Metagross overall seems like a Pokemon that I can fit on a team as a valued member somewhere down the line.

Milotic - It's pretty and seems like it can hold its own in battle...why not?

Dragonite - I trained one a loooooong time ago as a kid, but if I remember right I only evolved it so I could fill my Pokedex, and never kept it as a team member.

Burmy/ Mothim- adorable little moth i wanted to use but never did, i will be using one when i play platnium though or im hoping to anyway.. they better appear early on !

Ariados - One of my favourite pokemon of all time but i have soul silver and there exclusive to heart gold so yeahhh

Haxorus- i used hydreigon and volcarona instead although i would love to use haxorus too

Blaziken- i went with mudkip as my starter but i would love to actually use a torchic aswell

Durant is a cool pokemon steel/bug i could use it loads with swords dance and iron head to destroy everything but once again hes in my box never to be used

Octillery- really cool water pokemon with a great move set, hoping this will change soon when i get round to using my purple remoraid eventually

Galvantula. It looks amazing and it's typing is really cool, but in all my playthroughs I've already had a Bug and Electric type by the time I reach Chargestone Cave. Don't worry Mr Electric Spider, I'll save room for you next time.

Weavile - I've always loved the Pokemon but I don't like waiting until after the 7th Gym to pick up a Pokemon. Maybe in the future.

Hydreigon - I've used one competitively but never in-game. Again, they're obtained too late in the game for my liking.

Tyranitar - Again, I've used one competitively but never in-game. I really like its line but I've never gotten the opportunity to fit it into my team. Plus, on an in-game team Sand Stream is a difficult Ability to work around.

Metagross - Just like the others, it just never works out. I thought that in B2/W2 I would be able to obtain one earlier (same with Tyranitar) but of course, they never let that happen.

Eeveelutions. Never had an Eeveelution in my team ever, but I always either can't find an Eevee or am way too lazy to train it when I do. Really curious as to how they perform.

Also Escavalier. KNIGHT MOTIF FTW. Still waiting for my friend to have time to do a tradeback with me.

Wormadam - I was always interested in using the Steel-type forme but could never seem to get myself to bother using the honey trees since most of the time I'd forget to check the trees.

Aerodactyl - By the time you manage to get it, it takes way too long to level up in time for the last gym and the league.

Delibird - In generations prior to Gen V it was hard to make usable unless I cloned TMs, chain-bred moves or tutor moves.

Heracross - Its never easy to find an Heracross in any game. He is cool, powerful, has great moves and a decent typing but I never could use one.

Vaporeon - My favorite eeveelution. Water stone + being a gift pokemon turns it very hard to get too

Heracross cause he's a boss and I rarely get a chance to find him. Still looking for one in Black 2

Lucario--got jealous of my friend when he found a riolu in white 2,

Electabuzz- I always wanted to use him but never found one in any game

Hydreigon-same reason as Beck, and by then I had found Tyrannitar WHO IS A GOD DANG BEAST

So many Pokémon! Because I always take the Grass-type starter, I've really not been experimenting with Grass-types the way I'd like to (they are my favourite type). Sunflora, Tangrowth, Victreebel, Breloom, Abomasnow, Leavanny - all Pokémon I really love but have never got around to using. I've always wanted to use a Yanmega, too, but never have.

I also really want to try out more Eeveelutions. I have an Umbreon in my SoulSilver team, but I didn't realize it was mostly a defensive Pokemon, otherwise I would have taught it better moves.

Blaziken- EVERYONE at camp had a Blaziken back when Ruby and Sapphire were the new things. I'd usually cream them with my Swampert, but I still felt a little out.

Nosepass always seemed cool but his astronomically low attacking stats and the difficulty of obtaining one always got in the way.

Pan/Simisage. I'm not sure why I've never used one, but I just haven't. I've used Pansear and Panpour before, but not their grass brother.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom