• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Z or Gen VII?

Agus

Reaction score
Which one do you think it's the big upcoming video-game? I really really want Pokémon X/Y to have a sequel, I think the game itself showed so much potential, not only for the 3D graphics and new animation, but for the background and the story involving AZ and his Floette. However, we should've had a new generation already, specially if we look back at the dates of the past Pokémon games releases, so I feel it's more likely to have a new generation game rather than an X/Y sequel, regardless of the anime's new plot.

What do you think?

After replaying my Y file waiting a long time since it got corrupted by the dumb Lumiose glitch and I deciding to wait until after ORAS, I'm torn.

Give me a half more regions for where the mystery train goes & some of those unused power plants, more post game content other than battling, AND a sequel brand new story ala B2W2, take my money!

If its gonna be Z in the way platinum or emerald is in which the plot is slightly altered but is generally the same game with more post game, PASS!

We are not getting Generation VII next year. I don't even know where people are taking this idea from. Every generation with remakes lasted four years so far, so Generation VI will not be an exception. We are getting Z or whatever in 2016 and Generation VII in 2017.

We are not getting Generation VII next year. I don't even know where people are taking this idea from. Every generation with remakes lasted four years so far, so Generation VI will not be an exception. We are getting Z or whatever in 2016 and Generation VII in 2017.
Lets be real you don't know that. To use words like we are or we are not it's not fact. Is it unlikely that we will get gen 7 next year? Yes, but to blindly say no it's not happening does not make it any less possible. I'd hardly call the 2 gens with remakes a pattern, so you really cant use that as well because even if it was a pattern, tradition, or rule. They have been broken multiple times in the past 5 years.

Personally, I can live without either for the moment. I have been waiting for Pokemon Grey/Black & White 3 So I could have the original dragon. Don't mention things like this if you don't intend to follow through on the Game Freak.

Clearly Pokemon Z will be next to come out, what with all the hype for it and lots of mentions and promotions of Zygarde and it's new forms. Gen 7 more than likely won't come out for a while.

Pokemon Z, or anything to continue the Generation VI saga to give any modicum of redemption to this generation. I'll be majorly disappointed if they go on to Generation VII at this point. =(

I agree with you. Gen 6 started with Kalo, it should end with Kalos and Zygarde should have it's own game for gen 6 since it is the last gen 6 legendary to not have a game of it's own yet.

Z with more postgame and a boat to a battle frontier, because it seems like they hint at that a lot in ORAS.

The Battle Frontier isn't coming back. Game Freak made that quite clear. We are likely to get a Battle Maison for the third time in a row.

I don't really understand the hype around the battle frontier.
I was going to say the same. Everyone seems to expect a Battle Frontier, EVERY TIME a new game is announced, although it hasn't been in a game since 2009...

What is even more ridiculous, is that, even though the Battle Frontier wasn't in ORAS, everybody was expecting a patch/DLC update with it, although a Pokemon game has NEVER had a DLC update. All because a stupid sign in the Battle Resort saying "the Battle Frontier project has started!" If Game Freak knew that a small, meaingless nod to Emerald like this one, would eventually be so misinterpreted by some fans, they wouldn't have included it in the game.

Even I, a huge Battle Frontier fan, am starting to get fed up with that bullshit. Some people are just ruining the fun of the games, by expecting a Frontier return every time.

And the lamest part here is, that, if the Battle Frontier was in ORAS, most of those people requesting it, would use it once and twice and forget about it.

Last edited:

You mean in the general sense (that it is a unique and well-remembered feature that people would like to be able to enjoy again) or in the "why people expect it to be in the next games" sense (that there is a belief that if the next game is the final installment of Gen VI and the "Platinum" to X/Y's "Diamond/Pearl," then Game Freak will go all-out on it and include lots of big, popular features in order to justify buying a rehash of X/Y)?

Personally, I think the Battle Frontier is ancient history, which makes the sign at the Battle Resort saying that it is beginning construction a huge slap in the face to the people who would like to see it return (I am not one of them, but I sympathize).

I can't speak for everyone else. But the reason that I want the battle frontier to return is because it's a way to gain BP, in several different ways. To be completely honest, the BP gained from the battle institute takes too long and bases it on obscure ways of gauging "how well you did", and the Battle Maison just get's boring. I literally (Literally: literally, not literally: figuratively) dread gaining BP because the battle Maison just feels like a chore. It's the exact same battles over, and over, and over. The battle frontier however, gives 5 ways of gaining BP. If you just want the basic battles, go to the Battle Tower. If you want to have something different every time, use the Battle Arcade. To test you planning, forethought, and proper use of limited healing/items, try the Battle Castle. If you wish to use random Pokemon, hit the battle factory. To fight through all comers with that one special Pokemon, take on the battle hall. (Hoenn had a lot more facilities but I never played them). It just adds more variety and post game value. I'd love to see it come back in later games.

I can't speak for everyone else. But the reason that I want the battle frontier to return is because it's a way to gain BP, in several different ways. To be completely honest, the BP gained from the battle institute takes too long and bases it on obscure ways of gauging "how well you did", and the Battle Maison just get's boring. I literally (Literally: literally, not literally: figuratively) dread gaining BP because the battle Maison just feels like a chore. It's the exact same battles over, and over, and over. The battle frontier however, gives 5 ways of gaining BP. If you just want the basic battles, go to the Battle Tower. If you want to have something different every time, use the Battle Arcade. To test you planning, forethought, and proper use of limited healing/items, try the Battle Castle. If you wish to use random Pokemon, hit the battle factory. To fight through all comers with that one special Pokemon, take on the battle hall. (Hoenn had a lot more facilities but I never played them). It just adds more variety and post game value. I'd love to see it come back in later games.
Yes, but unlike the battle frontier, the battle maison allows you to pause between battles whitout losing your streak, and if you lose, you still gain BP unlike the battle frontier.

Anyway, i don't want gen 7 to be next. Kalos(and gen 6 as a whole) really needs redeemption imo, and i don't want a new generation to overshadow it now.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom