• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokemonCenter.com to close Jan. 31: PUSA decides to outsource sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
PokemonCenter.com to close Jan. 31: PUSA decides to outsource sales

PokemonCenter.com, the official online Pokémon store serving the United States, has announced it will close Jan. 31. According to site FAQ, Pokémon USA has decided to sell merchandise through "retail partners."

Read more on Bulbanews

Good riddance.

Seriously, the shipping fees on there were EXORBITANT. $7 shipping for a $5 Team Rocket puzzle? Sorry, I don't like them that much.

Its a shame in a way, that they chose to give the ghost, instead of revision their extortionate fees.

I hope this means we'll be able to buy things like the pokedolls through other stores (Target? Walmart? ToysRUs?), now? That's mostly what I used pokemoncenter.com for, since trying to find a pokedoll elsewhere that wasn't sporting an $15+ price tag was hard. o_x;

The promise of "retail outlets" intrigues me though.

Toys R Us? Target? Hot Topic, maybe?

All three seem viable. TRU has sponsored Legendary giveaways, Target's sold exclusive figures/plushies, and Hot Topic is selling a bunch of juniors' shirts/accessories.

And Clair, Target and Wal Mart have always had a bin of $6 plushies (and of some VERY interesting Pokemon. Oddish, anyone?). Unless you mean the PokeDolls.

If we can only get Jakks garbage here, I'll be pissed.

It seems like stores like Target and Toys R Us have been carrying a lot more Pokemon stuff lately.

The promise of "retail outlets" intrigues me though.

Toys R Us? Target? Hot Topic, maybe?

All three seem viable. TRU has sponsored Legendary giveaways, Target's sold exclusive figures/plushies, and Hot Topic is selling a bunch of juniors' shirts/accessories.

And Clair, Target and Wal Mart have always had a bin of $6 plushies (and of some VERY interesting Pokemon. Oddish, anyone?). Unless you mean the PokeDolls.

I know Hot Topic has some stuff already... maybe they'll get more?

I'm guessing that's where the clothes will end up. Since they've already got a bunch of shirts there anyway.

Argy said:
If we can only get Jakks garbage here, I'll be pissed.

Jakks is being much kinder to the license than Hasbro was. I've got some of their figures on my TV set... the quality on them is comparable to some of the early Japanese import ones they used to sell. And my fuzzy Oddish and Meowth plushies are much cuter than anything PC ever sold.

If it bothers you that much, Anime Palace sells tons of Pocket Monsters stuff, and affordably.

EDIT: At least at cons. The only thing their site seems to have is the giant Manaphy plushie. Which I already have.

Last edited:
I saw a bunch of Pokemon toys at KB when I went yesterday, are they outsourcing already?. A lot of toys, especially giant plushies of the starters (Hikozaru was scary). I bought a lot of it too - Buoysel plushie, Korobooshi and Mukubird (of course I'd buy them) and some other stuff.
in other words the sacred two Muku.BIRD and Korobooshi are in stores!

btw, if this what it means if the PokemonCenter is closing, then good ridance! Limiting to internet is a great way to discourage customers like me who dont have easy access to a credit card.

Well, crap. Guess I'll have to place thar order, then.

The retail partnership has me curious. I wonder who it will be? As long as I have the chance to pick up some Pokedolls, I'll be very happy. (I'm a bit of a plushie addict.)

shame
cant get anything here very easily its all boot fairs and jumble sales and even then its usually quite old

[quote="fool.com']With Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT), Target (NYSE: TGT), and Toys "R" Us accounting for nearly 60% of its sales, JAKKS also has a distribution channel, which assures that its must-have toys will be able to find their way into the hands of willing consumers. This is an investment you don't need a bionic eye to see.[/quote]

Source: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/02/21/jakks-jacks-it-up.aspx

It's amazing how just three stores have such a huge market share in the toy industry.

Considering those stores are where most people buy toys, its not all that surprising. I still buy TMNT action figures there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom