• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemopolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaRobo

DOOOODGE!!!
Reaction score
Man, that site really bugs me. It's amazing how stupid that site is. Could easily give SuperShadow (check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supershadow) a run for his money. And just like SuperShadow, the site has managed to brainwash many fans into believing stupid rumours (not to mention providing a pivot for May-bashing, which also really bugs me). Geez, how gullible are these people?

I don't look at it often, but isn't it a parody site or something? I mean, its Bulbapedia entry says:
Pokemopolis (note the lack of "é") is a fan site maintained by Dodgemaster Tim and Dodgemaster Lex, and originally Dodgemaster Brandon as well. It is popular for being one of the few openly satirical Pokémon fansites that is able to maintain a wide degree of popularity, having just reached its 200,000th hit.

The site is dedicated to the proposition that "Pokémon is NOT a children's cartoon." It is well known for its detailed and humorous anime episode guides, contests, Anti-RocketShipping stance, and its promotion of Koffing.

Generally speaking, most of the humor is innuendo and parody that might not be suitable for very young children; the site is geared more towards teenage and adult fans.

I don't know much about it, but that seems to me to be the type of site not to be taken seriously. Are you saying that many people do?

They believe what they say, but the site is meant to be humorous. May is jailbait but that's what some people like about her.

I just want them to explain We're No Angels.

chaos said:
what kind of an idiot posts a topic complaining about a satirical website :(
Not an idiot, a weird, mentally challenged, pop culture immune, atheist objectivist.
RBYGSCRSFRLGEPD said:
I don't look at it often, but isn't it a parody site or something? I mean, its Bulbapedia entry says:

I don't know much about it, but that seems to me to be the type of site not to be taken seriously. Are you saying that many people do?
Sadly, yes. (points to post before this one)
FabuVinny said:
They believe what they say, but the site is meant to be humorous. May is jailbait but that's what some people like about her.

I just want them to explain We're No Angels.
May is NOT jailbait. That's a myth spawned from some teens with nothing better to do than hunt for sexual themes in everything they see.
And anyone who likes a whore personality is a moron.

It's got nothing to do with her personality. It's the fact that she does not look like a ten year old, as has been pointed out in plenty of other places.

The website is freakin hillarious and rulesXD

Qui-Gon Jinn said:
Not an idiot, a weird, mentally challenged, pop culture immune, atheist objectivist.
You are so cool. I want to have your children. :D

(Pokemopolis is awesome.)

And anyone who likes a whore personality is a moron.
I BEG your pardon? That's not the kind of word I'd be throwing around if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom