• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted Mewt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted

Well Ash's Pikachu was worthless. And what movescan he get? he already has a sig move and he has an excellentmove poll... either he's a useless event or he unlocks something
Ash's Pikachu was special because it was Ash's Pikachu which fan's of the anime would want.

Re: PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted

I wonder what's compelling these guys to distribute a Mewtwo... If it has something to do with a RSE remake and Faraway Isle, then I can die happy, but chances are that it isn't the case. =w=

I wonder what's compelling these guys to distribute a Mewtwo... If it has something to do with a RSE remake and Faraway Isle, then I can die happy, but chances are that it isn't the case. =w=

I was thinking of that, and it is quite possible. Although, it remains extremely unlikely. :(

R/S/E remakes? I don't know if Nintendo/GameFreak will do that. I mean, I don't see why they would remake R/S/E, when GBA games can still be played if you have the original DS/DS Lite. However, on the other hand, if they plan to phase those systems out (in favor of the 3DS), then I could see them remaking R/S/E.

As for the Mewtwo event, it will probably make it to the US at some point. Most of these distributions do reach the US. And they will either have the event at Gamestop or Toys R Us.

Anyway, personally, I'm glad they're making a sequal to PokePark. I own the original game, and I enjoyed playing it. I also agree that it has some good replay value (trying to beat your high scores is always fun). So yes, I'm excited for PokePark 2. Multiplayer sounds awesome!! =D

R/S/E remakes? I don't know if Nintendo/GameFreak will do that. I mean, I don't see why they would remake R/S/E, when GBA games can still be played if you have the original DS/DS Lite. However, on the other hand, if they plan to phase those systems out (in favor of the 3DS), then I could see them remaking R/S/E.

As for the Mewtwo event, it will probably make it to the US at some point. Most of these distributions do reach the US. And they will either have the event at Gamestop or Toys R Us.

Anyway, personally, I'm glad they're making a sequal to PokePark. I own the original game, and I enjoyed playing it. I also agree that it has some good replay value (trying to beat your high scores is always fun). So yes, I'm excited for PokePark 2. Multiplayer sounds awesome!! =D
B/W were more or less made mor the DSi to be honest... and the DS/lite is definitly dead... most people probibly have a DSi or 3DS now which can't play GBA games... plus how many people have a R/S game? the games are old... and they did have a Mew event in Emerald hm... maybe he funcions like the old sea map?

Well, some hardcore fans (like me) still have R/S/E, lol. XD

But yeah, I suppose you're right. The 3rd gen games are pretty old, indeed. So it's unlikely that kids, the target audience, would have those games.

Well, some hardcore fans (like me) still have R/S/E, lol. XD

But yeah, I suppose you're right. The 3rd gen games are pretty old, indeed. So it's unlikely that kids, the target audience, would have those games.

I have them to but I just can't play them... the lack of th P/S split and the graphics drive me nuts plus it's almost 10 years old... and the kids who started with Platinum HG/SS or B/W won't have access to R/S it's the only region not to be playable on the current handheld

I really enjoyed pokepark so hearing there's a sequal is great. I felt the mini games in the first were as fun as the stadium mini games. Some even better. However the lack of multiplayer was dissapointing because it felt such a shame to not have multiplayer. Felt like a missed opportunity.

Hearing there's a sequal that has multiplayer makes me really excited.^-^
They should have had multiplayer from the word go.

It's likely to celebrate the release of the third BW TCG set that features Mewtwo and Kyurem.

It's likely to celebrate the release of the third BW TCG set that features Mewtwo and Kyurem.

highly doubt it... since when as the TCG ever effected the games? well... never I think he will be used to unlock something...

highly doubt it... since when as the TCG ever effected the games? well... never I think he will be used to unlock something...

Why does TCG have to do with the games? TCG is owned by the Pokemon Company too, is it not? I'm not saying that this is 100% correct but until we have further evidence that this Mewtwo will "unlock" something in the games, it seems plausible.

Since we're on the topic of unlocking more contents in the game, haven't fans already hacked all the Pokemon games by now to death? So if there were any other secrets, wouldn't they be revealed in the game's coding?

Since we're on the topic of unlocking more contents in the game, haven't fans already hacked all the Pokemon games by now to death? So if there were any other secrets, wouldn't they be revealed in the game's coding?
The theory is that Mewtwo will unlock an event in the next game, as is often the case with game promotions.

A sequel for PokePark! 8D I'm so happy! I loved that game! Here's hoping we can play as someone other than Pikachu. oAo At least after the main story.

And Mewtwo event! Sweet, time to whip out my OutcastShipping banner. ._.

Articwolf10 said:
Yeah you do seem to be alone on that... if it's so much fun how come nobody gives a shit about it?

Because the fandom is filled with people who are too stubborn to even *try* anything that's not a main series game. That doesn't stop them from unfairly talking shit about them, of course.

Eeveeanne said:
So.....A sequel to pokepark (which i do own) is coming out but only in japan this winter and a mewto distrubution is only available to those....in japan. So.....what news is this for me? I'M IN AMERICA! Ugh..... *pouts*

Both of those are likely to come to the U.S. eventually. Don't be so impatient.

My sister'll be happy for this. When I got the original Pokepark, I beat it in less then 10 hours. I was a bit dissapointed with the original...

But I'll probably get it, as with everyone else, I got my hopes up too much.

It looks like this is part of the "surprise" that what's-his-name announced this year. That only leaves a DS game to be announced before the end of the year. And mark my words, it'll be a Trading Card Game for DS.

Because the fandom is filled with people who are too stubborn to even *try* anything that's not a main series game. That doesn't stop them from unfairly talking shit about them, of course.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason. I think that when Articwolf is saying "hardly anybody gives a crap about this game", he's more than likely refering to what he sees posted on this forum alone (and his personal opinion about it), or at least that's the impression that I'm getting from the majority of his posts.

Like I've said in another thread, this forum alone doesn't represent the entire Pokemon fandom. It's really all coincidental that the majority in this forum aren't really interested in side-games like this. Even though Pokepark is more than likely aimed at the same target audience as the main handheld series, it just seems more appealing to younger kids. Since most Internet forums are filled up with older kids, and in my and your case, older than 20, it makes games like Pokepark seem "less" popular, while it's probably more popular to the younger people (and sometimes older, it just really depends on who you talk to). I agree that this could make a good party game, but it's just not really appealing in terms of Pokemon games to me. If I was alot younger, then I imagine it might be. There's certain Pokemon games I do like, and some that I don't.

And I don't "talk shit" about games that I don't like either. If it's a game that doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason, I just leave it at that.

My sister'll be happy for this. When I got the original Pokepark, I beat it in less then 10 hours. I was a bit dissapointed with the original...

But I'll probably get it, as with everyone else, I got my hopes up too much.

It looks like this is part of the "surprise" that what's-his-name announced this year. That only leaves a DS game to be announced before the end of the year. And mark my words, it'll be a Trading Card Game for DS.

But we already have a TCG game for the DS.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hajimete_set.jpg

550961179982aa328735.jpg

Your post is so damn redundant. First of all, they already HAVE phased out the original/DS lite. The DS lite, I don't even think, is in production anymore. Do you know why it dropped to, like, $100? It's because Nintendo wants to get them gone. They've already phased out the GBA slot. Deal with it.

Then you say "Oh, you can just play R/S/E on your old DS." Tell me, when was the last time you went into Walmart and seen those games on sale? Those games. Are. Dead. 90% of them have their batteries already gone in them. Sure, you can still buy them on ebay and just get a replacement battery, but seriously? What Pokemon fan between the age of 5-17 is going to be able to pull that off?

It's like saying, "What's the point of HeartGold and SoulSilver?? You all played Pokemon before, surely you all still have your old Gameboys. Just play them on that!!" "Ugh, why do you want Red and Blue remade?? Just play it on your old gameboy!!1", and its the same for that stupid argument "X and X Pokemon is already available in X game. WHY do we need a remake??". It's to PLAY the GAME again, whatever Pokemon is available is irrelevant. It's to allow people, who never had the chance to play the original, play it. It's for people who already played the game, who are interested in buying a remake, to be able to play it once again with refined graphics. It's to revive a relevant game from the past and bring it back to the present. It's every other justification for a remake.

You, and everyone else who is still in denial, is singing the exact same tune the same group of people that we're in denial about the G/S/C remakes. And guess what? We got them. It had nothing to do with being able to capture Entei/Suicune/Raikou/etc/etc in Colosseum/Fire Red/Leaf Green/etc.

They are remaking R/S/E. It's inevitable. Everyone knows it's going to happen.

Last edited:

550961179982aa328735.jpg

Your post is so damn redundant. First of all, they already HAVE phased out the original/DS lite. The DS lite, I don't even think, is in production anymore. Do you know why it dropped to, like, $100? It's because Nintendo wants to get them gone. They've already phased out the GBA slot. Deal with it.

Then you say "Oh, you can just play R/S/E on your old DS." Tell me, when was the last time you seen those games on sale? Those games. Are. Dead. 90% of them have their batteries already gone in them. Sure, you can still buy them on ebay and just get a replacement battery, but seriously? What Pokemon fan between the age of 5-17 is going to be able to pull that off?

It's like saying, "What's the point of HeartGold and SoulSilver?? You all played Pokemon before, surely you all still have your old Gameboys. Just play them on that!!" "Ugh, why do you want Red and Blue remade?? Just play it on your old gameboy!!1", and its the same for that stupid argument "X and X Pokemon is already available in X game. WHY do we need a remake??". It's to PLAY the GAME again, whatever Pokemon is available is irrelevant. It's to allow people, who never had the chance to play the original, play. It's for people who already played the game; who are interested in buying a remake; to be able to play it once again, with refined graphics. It's to revive a relevant game from the past and bring it back to the present. It's every other justification for a remake.

You, and everyone else who is still in denial, is singing the exact same tune the same group of people that we're in denial about the G/S/C remakes. And guess what? We got them. It had nothing to do with being able to capture Entei/Suicune/Raikou/etc/etc in Colosseum/Fire Red/Leaf Green/etc.

They are remaking R/B/E. It's inevitable. Everyone knows it's going to happen.

Um.. umbrella Ialready tool care of that,,,, read my post Lisa agreed with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom