• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted Mewt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted

It's because JRPGs don't sell well in the U.S

LOL.

You're on a Pokemon messageboard claiming that you can't sell jrpgs in the west. XD

Still hiding behind those arguments Nintendo made 20 years ago?

Nice. Don't question the corporate overlord!

The GAME OVERTHINKER: EPISODE 54 (UPDATED!!!)

Also, your precious videogame overthinker says Nintendo's in the wrong on this, too.

Re: PokéPark 2 and Mewtwo Event Announced: Sequel to Wii game, and previously hinted

Again... what the fuck does this whole argument have to do with the Pokepark game or the Mewtwo event?

Again... what the fuck does this whole argument have to do with the Pokepark game or the Mewtwo event?

People are angry/upset/curious that they're releasing another minigame spinoff instead of a "real" series game or another Stadium.

Our reasoning is they can't because Nintendo marketing is panicking over what to do with the 3DS and Wii U since the casual audience for the Wii has dried up and Nintendo has alienated their hardcore audience, leaving very little wiggle room for marketing mistakes.

That's where it comes from.

LOL.

You're on a Pokemon messageboard claiming that you can't sell jrpgs in the west. XD

Still hiding behind those arguments Nintendo made 20 years ago?

Nice. Don't question the corporate overlord!

The GAME OVERTHINKER: EPISODE 54 (UPDATED!!!)

Also, your precious videogame overthinker says Nintendo's in the wrong on this, too.

I meant JRPGs that aren't Final Fantasy and Pokemon.

It was relevant until FF7 came around, but it appears to be relevant again in this time.

It's not just Nintendo you know, it's Japanese companies as a whole due to low sales from countries outside of Japan and the sheer dominance of the genres I've just mentioned earlier. Those genres are what slowly destroying the gaming community, as explained by Smosh's video.

@Articwolf10 People really overanalyze things with announcements they didn't want to expect.

WHy do people think it's panicing? really! The 3DS is not a failire like the Virtual Boy! How have the aliebated the 'Hardcore gamers' judt because of one fucking game? really you guyys are stupid!

Indeed, the A-list titles for the 3DS are on the horizon this fall, and we're still not sure what games will be on launch day to the Wii U (they may be keeping it a secret until the last few weeks). Besides, they may not plan to port PokePark 2 to the U.S. this time around because of it.

Last edited:

It was interesting that PBR released so close to the launch of Diamond/Pearl, but I think that the game suffered for what was probably a rushed development (What, PBR launched two months after DP? Most of the game's development must have went on the same time DP were still in the oven).

The reason they're doing another PokéPark is because the first one did well (somehow) and it clearly made some money. And since it's a sequel, it's not going to have the same development time that the original PokéPark or another original Wii game would.

I, too, am annoyed at the 'gloom and doom' speakers fortelling the end of Nintendo. Yes, they're in a bad spot with the Wii right now, not actually delivering for the same hardcore they're supposed to be going for with Wii U, but if I've learned anything in the past 23 years of playing Nintendo consoles and games, it's that Nintendo always manages to pull through and make some of the best games each generation. This may be a fannish response, but I don't think Nintendo is going to fail, especially coming off Wii and DS.

The 3DS will succeed if only because it has Pokémon (or will have Pokémon... and Monster Hunter 4). WiiU will succeed if only because it has Mario, Zelda, and that port of Dragon Quest X.

Yeah Nintendo has had a massive failure before (The Virtual Boy anyone) the 3DS is not a failure and it;s best games are coming out in the fall plus have people frogot Occurina of Time? I thought that was really sucessful plus Squenix is working on a KH3D so yeah the best is yet to come for Nintendo plus it's been around for over a HUNDRED fucking years people I don't see it going anywhere not with Mario and Pokemon the two biggest franchises in the WORLD plus LoZ... Besides Square Enix rules the JRPG sceane anyway... how can Nintendo compete with DQ FF and KH?

Besides Square Enix rules the JRPG sceane anyway... how can Nintendo compete with DQ FF and KH?

I would just like to note that Pokémon, a series of JRPGs owned by Nintendo, has sold more games than DQ, FF, or KH.

Eh I guess so but it's different... Pokemon and the SE games are nothing besides Pokemon Nintendo has no reason to go into FF type games... though I like both SE and Nintendoa lot...

WHy do people think it's panicing? really! The 3DS is not a failire like the Virtual Boy! How have the aliebated the 'Hardcore gamers' judt because of one fucking game? really you guyys are stupid!

Just because you don't agree with an opinion gives you no right to call somebody stupid, which these people obviously aren't. Its also ironic since you've been complaining about the spinoff game and the Mewtwo event being useless yourself. Anyways, I'm kinda on the fence about all of this.

It just seems way too odd that a Wii battle game seems abandoned, I mean I still remember when they were talking about a Pokemon Wii title to look forward to so were they really referring to this spinoff?

The 3DS hasn't done so well, and that is a fact. What Nintendo needs to do is find a balance between the casual/hardcore fanbase in regards to their release titles. If that can't be done, as people have illustrated that its more practical to play casual games other wise on other things, then they need to stick to whats best: Real games with actual deep gameplay.

I knew it, you guys really do want Nintendo gone for good, but I'm pretty sure the Game Overthinker will counter your arguments in his later videos.

Strange, one can say the same about users who are uncritical and blindly follow Lord Nintendo's word. Quite strange that, taking one's "common sense" argument and turning it around would lead not to a rebuttle (like @Articwolf10 thankfully gave) but instead accusations of not being fans.

Sorry, Nintendo isn't a religion, I am not going to follow it on blind faith. It makes money because fans give it money. Right now, they're not really focusing on their core base, and instead focusing on a much more fickle base that no longer exists.
Um... Wow you do realize that the 3DS can play music play video's AND surf the web right? and has a lot of games you can get off of the eshop... so yeah it can do more then play games... DO you guys want Nintendo to go out of buisness? Plus the 3DS in now cheeper then most smart phones... 177 bucks is a bargin for a new game system
Playing music in it isn't nearly as easy as you would with an iPod, and the whole system is fairly clunky for a music playing machine. As for the browser, that's not really something to be proud of. Now, bad browser aside, the difference between a smart phone and a 3DS is that a 3DS requires there to be a Wifi hotspot whereas a phone doesn't. Then there's the issue with at least the DSi, not being able to hook up to connections that need additional login information past the WEP and WPA code. Oh and its slow. Now I haven't had any first hand experience, but from my friend's accounts, they've gone beyond the impossible and somehow made the browser worse.

Oh and there's still the whole "being a phone" thing smartphones have going for them. A smart phone, no matter how much you look at it, is much more practical for the casual gamer. Sure, they can buy a 3DS and a "not smart" phone, still winding up being quite expensive, and then having to carry two devices all the time in the off chance an individual wishes to play a game. A smart phone on the other hand is a single device that does all that, and something you'll always likely have on hand.

Nintendo can't focus on the shovelware that's been plaguing the Wii and DS anymore. When what you excel at is being a gaming console, then you should have a better standard of quality of what you put out.
Indeed, the A-list titles for the 3DS are on the horizon this fall, and we're still not sure what games will be on launch day to the Wii U (they may be keeping it a secret until the last few weeks). Besides, they may not plan to port PokePark 2 to the U.S. this time around because of it.
Ironic, because now we're starting to sound like Sony fans when the PS3 came out. "It will be worth it...eventually..."

And sure, perhaps it was, but the difference here is that the PS3 was strategically used to win Sony other battles so they could afford losing sales on it.

Nintendo? Have all of you forgotten that its primary source of income is gaming? Yet you all want to plug your ears and say that there isn't something wrong with their marketing scheme. Doing that just allows Nintendo to fall back on what they would label as their "most loyal fans" because of the lack of criticism, which is kind of sad really. Rather than facing up to their mistakes, they're going to delude themselves that everyone is being overly critical and their "loyal fanbase" which they ironically shunned in favour of more casual play is right, and there's nothing wrong, despite empirical evidence in the form of sales saying otherwise.
One game? Last I checked, the people talking about Nintendo's failings are talking about a general trend, with Pokepark Wii being the latest point. While probably not a bad game itself, there was hype for a Wii BW game, and it was expected given PBR's early release.

Really ironic statement to given you're the one who seemed to make a big shit about Pokepark Wii specifically.

Your statement there is actually a perfect example. The core base for Pokemon don't actually give a shit about any side games, whether they are good or not, whether they have played it or not. Pokepark Wii isn't really going to get nonfans into Pokemon, and now they've released the latest in a long line of minigame games for the Wii.
It just seems way too odd that a Wii battle game seems abandoned, I mean I still remember when they were talking about a Pokemon Wii title to look forward to so were they really referring to this spinoff?
They were talking about it being a surprise. I see how this actually was a surprise, but I hardly see how it was meant to be a surprise the fandom would enjoy.

Last edited:

For people who are wondering about the next game after PokéPark 2, it's been known for a month now that Chunsoft are developing a game for the 3DS and Vita. They're only halfway done, so I don't see how they can release a Mystery Dungeon title anytime soon.

Considering that the Ranger series is developed by Creatures, who have been busy with Pokédex 3D and now PokéPark 2, I don't see a game from that series in the immediate future, either. This raises the likelihood of a main series game being released around March, which would explain the Mewtwo hoopla.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't save the Mewtwo thing for the logical Mewtwo vs Genosect conflict they could have built up.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't save the Mewtwo thing for the logical Mewtwo vs Genosect conflict they could have built up.

Its possible that in a 3rd game to B/W that Mewtwo may unlock something pertaining to Genesect. Kinda hard to tell though right now, but Genesect isn't as important as Arceus so they shouldn't have a reason for holding back his reveal as long as Arceus's was.

IMO, all 3 event Pokemon should be revealed by the time of the 3rd version game, with Genesect getting an unaltered form triggered via event Mewtwo.

Zeta said:
Frankly, I don't see what they could have built up. What sort of confrontation could Mewtwo and Genesect have in an in-game event? Besides, Game Freak did not design Genesect to have comparable stats to Mewtwo's, so it wouldn't benefit Genesect to be featured alongside Mewtwo.

While they were both created by scientists, Genesect's origin story is actually more comparable to the various fossils; the only thing separating it from its past self is a machine. In the games, we don't actually know that Mewtwo was created to be a tool like Genesect. Even though Mewtwo is still called the world's strongest Pokémon, what really stands out now is the fact that it was born as a Mew and turned into a vicious monster. I think that's the reason it is being associated with Kyurem (at least in the TCG) - Kyurem, too, might have been a peaceful Pokémon once (regardless of whether or not it originated from the same dragon as Reshiram and Zekrom did). Ferocious behavior is something they have in common, whereas most legendaries are either serene or have their powers kept at bay by other legendaries.

Kinda hard to tell though right now, but Genesect isn't as important as Arceus so they shouldn't have a reason for holding back his reveal as long as Arceus's was.

IMO, all 3 event Pokemon should be revealed by the time of the 3rd version game, with Genesect getting an unaltered form triggered via event Mewtwo.
I don't see all three event Pokémon being revealed by the time the next game is released, which I continue to hold will most likely happen in March (especially if Mewtwo is supposed to be important). Since Genesect is the last Pokémon in the National Pokédex, it is very unlikely that it will be revealed before Keldeo and Meloetta.

I think that Keldeo and Kyurem's Forme will be unveiled this December alongside the new game, with Keldeo being distributed without its signature move via Wi-Fi upon the game's release. That would make it possible to still use Keldeo as the secondary Movie 15 promotion (with Secret Sword), as was recently the case for Victini; the main movie promotion would be Meloetta, which would be revealed in February. This would leave Genesect for Movie 16, by which time Generation VI would be so imminent that I would expect to see Genesect's Paleozoic Forme in those games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom