• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"PokéPark 2: Beyond the World" Discussion Thread

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
This month's issue of CoroCoro Magazine has announced PokéPark 2: Beyond the World (Platform unknown; although likely to be for the Wii). As the name suggests, this is a sequel to PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure.

Known Information:
Release Date: Winter 2011/2012 (Japan)
Platform: Wii
Multiplayer: 4-Player.

So, did you guys like PokéPark? And what things do you think could be done differently this time?

Last edited:
Really? Awesome. I liked pokepark, even if it was kinda short. I'm surprised they are making a sequel to this game, though.

Multiplayer is in and Pikachu is back at zapping the shit out of mean Pokemon. I guess its gonna be fun, but outside of that, what's the point?

Whatever platform it ends up being on, I hope they allow you to move your character with the joystick / slide pad this time around. Moving Pikachu in 3D space using a D-Pad was pretty annoying in the first game.

I was interested in the prior game when it was first announced, if only due to the prospect of actually controlling a pokemon in a 3D environment and being able to use it's attacks in 'boss battles' against other 'mons. The end result wasn't great going by the videos I've seen, and I really couldn't have any less interest in another wii mini-game fest being added to an already over saturated market.

If it were more of a platformer and you could use more than Pikachu throughout the bulk of the game, I'd eat it up. Otherwise? Meh.

If it were more of a platformer and you could use more than Pikachu throughout the bulk of the game, I'd eat it up. Otherwise? Meh.
True, I think a game with playable Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig, done in the style of, say, Banjo-Kazooie and other mascot plat-formers would be pretty fun.

Whatever platform it ends up being on, I hope they allow you to move your character with the joystick / slide pad this time around. Moving Pikachu in 3D space using a D-Pad was pretty annoying in the first game.
And hopefully using the nunchuk on the Wii will free up the Wii remote controls for some more innovative mini-games.

Now with the inclusion of multi-player, this could easily become a nice party game...and we know how much the Wii loves party games...

Kinda disappointed IF this is that shock announcement, but at least it's better than no new games or anything.

I thought PokePark was really cute, even if it was a little short. The battle system seems like it has a lot of potential, too, with some tweaks. I'll buy this, probably.

Never played the original and I'm not exactly planning on picking up this one either, but I guess it's nice for those who enjoyed the original.

I think it could be really fun, but they should give a variety of Pokemon for you to be, not just Pikachu. Maybe they could make some sort of personality test like the mystery dungeon series, and then you could unlock or 'buy' more characters to play as as the story progressed. Also, i hope the story doesn't revolve around mini games again. They can still be there, just put the plot around something else.

The original was cute, didn't play it much, but what I did play I enjoyed. I originally bought it for my brother, and he beat it way to quickly. So maybe this one being longer would be cool.

Also..I'm not digging the over focus I'm seeing of Gen V Pokemon. Yes, it's the new thing. But one reason I like the idea of the first one, different members from the first four generations played a part.

The fact that it's multiplayers makes an excellent improvement from the original, which was only single player. I also hope they include the nunchucks this time because the controls felt awkward using the Wiimote sideways.

PokéPark 2 was briefly featured on Pokémon Smash! today. Not much was shown, except that in the main overworld, you can actually play as Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Also, there's a game featuring Lopunny that looks similar to one of those dance machines you get at arcades.

I really like what I'm seeing so far. It looks like it's mostly 5th gen pokemon, since they're the focused-on generation. But unlike some other parts of the current pokemon media, they're still acknowledging the existence of some older pokemon not named Pikachu. Getting to play as the starters was a welcome addition; I wonder what kind of differences they'll have with each other. I hope they eventually do this for all pokemon >:D (I can dream...)

The "Other World" feature of the game really took me by surprise. A Light world and Dark world like Legend of Zelda? Not in Pokepark! It's a Light world and and even LIGHTER world filled with cupcakes, cookies, lollipops and rainbows! Holy sugar overdose!

I want this game, but I have no Wii. :(

I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but I bought a used copy of this at GameStop the other day, and it exceeded my expectations.

First, a quick rundown:

The storyline revolves around Pikachu, of course. He and his friend, Piplup, decide to spend the day at Seasong Beach, where they come across Sandile and Krokorok leading Pokémon into a portal to a place called “Wish Park”. Pikachu and Piplup follow them inside. But Wish Park is not what it seems. After defeating a Cofagrigus, our heroes make their escape, but Piplup sacrifices himself to let Pikachu get out of Wish Park. For the rest of the game, it’s up to Pikachu and his new friends, Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig, to save him.

Spoilers follow....
Story aspects: For a game with such a cheerful exterior, you wouldn’t expect it to be a rollercoaster of emotions. The whole concept of Wish Park is terrifying; any Pokémon who goes there is hypnotized into never wanting to leave, thanks to Darkrai and his minions; Cofagrigus, Chandelure, Gothita, Gotharita, and Gothitelle. There’s a really emotional scene that nearly made me break out in tears where Pikachu is separated from his friends after they have their minds cleared by Darkrai. The color scheme and music (more on those later) really help sell the mood. It really makes you feel for the poor guy. Thankfully, it all gets better for Pikachu by the end.

Visual aspects: The graphics are nice and colorful, with lots of unique animations for the individual Pokémon. There’s also some very nice color design, especially in the Train Depot level, where we have this nice looking sunset. Wish Park is appropriately creepy, and the various “attractions” it features look great, too.

Game aspects: The only downside to this game is the awful controls. To play, you have to hold the Wii controller sideways, like you would if you were playing a Virtual Console game. Unfortunately, the Wii’s D-pad is not very suited for a game where you have to run around a lot. Half of the time when you’re trying to turn left or right, you go sliding all over the place. But the problems aren’t just limited to the D-pad. You have to press the 2 button to jump, which is the same button you use to talk to Pokémon or pick things up. This can get quite confusing at several points where you want to jump, but you end up talking to someone instead.

Characters:

Pikachu: The one you start off as (duh!). His powers include Thunderbolt and Iron Tail. So far, Pikachu is the one I’ve played as the least.
Oshawott: The first character that Pikachu meets is Oshawott. You can play as him after you defeat him in a Battle. He can use Water Gun and Razor Shell. He is also the only character who has the ability to swim. I’ve played as him the most, because he’s so much fun.
Snivy: Snivy is the next character to be located. You can play as her after you beat her in Chase. Her abilities are Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, and Vine Storm. Snivy is the only one who can double jump, and she’s also the fastest, which really comes in handy when you’re trying to evade enemies.
Tepig: The last of our four heroes to be found. You find him inside of a cannon (it makes sense in context), and you can unlock him after beating him in a Battle. He uses Flamethrower and Heat Crash. There are also these special rocks scattered throughout the levels that only Tepig can break. The only downside is that he isn’t very fast, and his jump is a real pain, so I only use him when I have to.

Difficulty: This game isn’t very hard, surprisingly. Most of the difficulty factor came from my incompetence at mastering the controls. For example, there’s one attraction where you have to collect gems in the sky, but instead of using the D-pad like you would expect, you have to move by using the Wii remote itself. It took me something like seven tries to beat this stupid attraction, all because I suck at the controls. On the positive side, this game has some of the easiest bosses ever. When I first beat Cofagrigus, it took me only a few seconds to take out all of his Yamask minions and himself. Chandelure was a little trickier, because he has you take on his evil sound equipment (once again, it makes sense in context) before you get to him, and they wipe out your health pretty fast. At one point, you get to battle Piplup. He beat me the first time, but once I switched to Snivy, I was able to beat him. I guess it all depends on which one you’re using.

Final conclusion: Overall, this is an extremely underrated game. I knew I made the right choice in buying it when the guy at the register told me how great it was. It’s too bad they didn’t make anymore after this, because I’d like to see it with Generation 6 and 7 Pokemon.

My score: 8.5/10

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom