• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokePark Switch?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
One series that I’ve always felt was really underrated was the PokePark series. I can’t say I’ve exactly got my hopes up that a third installment will be made for the Switch as a way to tide us over in the event that the main series Pokemon Switch game is actually not planned to be released until autumn 2019 (which I personally think is definitely a possibility, especially if it is indeed Gen VIII), but if it were, what are some things you’d maybe like to see in it?

Here’s my basic outline for how I’d go about making such a game:

Playable Pokemon
-Pikachu
-Popplio
-Rowlet
-Litten

Areas
Zone 1: Beach Zone

Leader: Primarina
Attraction: Primarina’s Aquatic Acapella

Primarina is Popplio's mother. She is very friendly and affable, respected for her beautiful singing voice.
Her speeches also often have musical notes to further add to her opera seal theme (like Shauna from X&Y), and she says things like "la-la-la" & "la-dee-dee-da" as a verbal tick.​
(i.e "La-la-la...welcome to the Beach Zone, my stars! Would you like to play in my Attraction, la-dee-da? It'll cost you 100 Poke. ♪ ")

When you first meet Primarina, she apologetically tells Pikachu that her attraction is temporarily closed, as something in the water has made most of the performing Pokemon sick and the performances needed to be called off. She sends Popplio along with Pikachu to investigate who or what caused this disaster. Talking to the other Pokemon in the Zone reveals that a group of Mareanie were seen spiking the water with poison! After tracking them down and defeating their boss Toxapex, Primarina thanks you, reopens her Attraction, and decides to let Popplio stay with you to hone his skills with water balloons. She then tells Lapras to ferry you over to the Forest Zone so you can try out Decidueye's attraction.

Zone 2: Forest Zone

Leader: Decidueye
Attraction: Decidueye’s Target Practice

Decidueye has more of a grumpy lone wolf personality - think Gladion from Sun & Moon or Empoleon from the original PokePark game. Oddly enough, despite being an Attraction Leader, he doesn't care for children and refuses to let you play his Attraction because you're below the new age limit.

However, his friend Trevenant tells you that Decidueye was not always like this. After a certain incident involving a group of troublemaking baby Pokémon, Decidueye became much more hardened and decided he was tired of dealing with noisy kids and all the trouble they were causing him. So after you defeat the Pokémon causing trouble around the Zone, Decidueye softens up, apologizes, and opens his Attraction up to everyone once more. His son Rowlet also decides to join Pikachu and Popplio, as thanks for helping his father cheer up a little.

Other Zones
Volcano Zone:
Incineroar's Wrestle-O-Mania

Peak Zone:
Alolan Sandslash's Ice Climb

Toy Zone (Fairy-type zone):
Mimikyu's Picture Painter

And more...

Main story
I think Marshadow would make a good final antagonist behind all the problems the PokePark is facing, and the Tapus could appear as well to give Pikachu visions about it all. Maybe Nebby could make an appearance and evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala in the climax as well.

Last edited:
i think they posted pikachu on UE4 so that might be that, who knows.

Well really I think they should have a spiritual successor. Pokepark didn't really sell well and I think a part of the reason was because the game was marketed as a casual party game when the gameplay is really closer to an action adventure, so bringing back the gameplay with a new name and branding it as an adventure game should help it sell better. And with fans hungering for Pokemon to go ARPG and adopt real time battling, plugging a game like this in to satisfy that demand could help it even more.

I'd love to see a new addition to the PokePark series, or a spiritual successor to it, something along those lines. I've never played the games myself, but I have seen gameplay and it looks adorable and fun. I can see them waiting a little longer on it (likely after Pokemon Switch is out). But it would be fun to see. I'm not the biggest fan of Pokken, so I'd like to see one of Pokemon's sin=off series coming to the switch, and this would be a good one.

Seeing as they skipped the Wii U console, I'm not sure if the Pokepark series will make a return. If it does though, they certainly have a lot of content to use.

Skipping the Wii U doesn't really mean much seeing as it got all of 2 Pokemon games, there were a lot of things that skipped the Wii U.

Skipping the Wii U doesn't really mean much seeing as it got all of 2 Pokemon games, there were a lot of things that skipped the Wii U.
On the contrary, I think it's a notable observation. That's about a 5 year window for a sequel release for the series. To date, there has never been a gap that long for a Pokemon spinoff sequel-thus, these numbers are telling.

They had plenty of time, resources, and a new Pokemon generation to make PokePark 3 happen. I'm sure the possibility crossed the minds of the developers at least once, yet nothing ever came of it. And, yes, while there are several titles that haven't made anything for the Wii U's era, there are just as many titles who have added an addition for play on the console.

On the contrary, I think it's a notable observation. That's about a 5 year window for a sequel release for the series. To date, there has never been a gap that long for a Pokemon spinoff sequel-thus, these numbers are telling.

They had plenty of time, resources, and a new Pokemon generation to make PokePark 3 happen. I'm sure the possibility crossed the minds of the developers at least once, yet nothing ever came of it. And, yes, while there are several titles that haven't made anything for the Wii U's era, there are just as many titles who have added an addition for play on the console.

Zelda, 3D Mario (as in the sandbox games, not 3D Land/3D World), and Metroid Prime have also had 5 year gaps and they're getting new entries. That doesn't really mean it's not getting a sequel. There's been multiple games that are either console exclusive or do better on consoles that skipped the Wii U and are coming back with the Switch. Which makes perfect sense, the Wii U was selling terribly and the 3DS wasn't deemed suitable for those games, so where are they going to put them? Pokepark is likely in the same boat. They wouldn't have put it on 3DS because it wouldn't have sold to the audience they assumed would buy a 3DS (mobile gamers) and the Wii U wasn't selling enough for them to give it another chance so of course it skipped the Wii U.

Fast forward to now and the situation has changed. We have a system that's suitable for a console like game such as Pokepark and it's been established that mobile gamers that want small, shortplay games are not the only people buying it. Furthermore, there's multiple fan requests for an ARPG with real time battling, so there's reason to believe it would do well if they could market it as the game to scratch that itch. So it's much, much easier to take this kind of risk and bring back Pokepark on the Switch than it would've been on the Wii U.

Nice idea, but what about PokéPark reboot which is a crossover between Pokémon and Animal Crossing outside SSB?

I would like to see Fennekin as Crazy Redd and Drilbur as Resetti, among other things.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom