• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

If Pokeshipping does becomes canon, how do you think it would happen?

I think the most effective ending would be to have Ash see his (and Misty's :D) son/daughter off on their own journey. A nice full circle moment. How they would build up to that? I would like it to have a buildup like Spirit of the Moon said, a long arc with many hints. Not sure about the children arc thing. I think that ending it with their child departing off into the sunset, into their own set of unknown adventures, would be the best place to end it. However, I don't think that they'll do the long arc bit. They would probably show Ash winning some championship, declaring him the supreme Pokemon Master of the world, and then having a strongly hint-y Ash and Misty scene, then time-skipping straight to the kid leaving bit, with the whole pokeshipping thing taking up at most the last half of the episode.

And then there's always do I even think that it will become canon. Well, I think it's got a fair shot. I am here, after all. But I really think the best way to end the series would be with Ash's own kid leaving for their own pokemon journey. And, well, Ash would require a female to bear a child, and Misty seems the most fitting, in my opinion. Of course, I may be biased, but I do think she would be the best fit in terms of the series as a whole. She does have that whole motherly thing going with togepi/azurill, after all (and other assorted reasons).

Heck even after she left cast writers still threw in some hints or and even after she left cast you could see some hints of it.Like that episode "A Date with Delcatty"where Misty refused to go on date because of there apparently being someone else(her original dialogue from Japanese version,dub edited it out) giving ambiguous meaning.

I just wanted to say, that if they cut off that scene in the dubbed version, wouldn't it be an OrangeShipping hint? I'm not sure, but did 4Kids dub the chronicles too? If they did, they wouldn't have cut that out if it was a PokéShipping hint. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE PokéShipper, but that one hint always seemed to confuse me since I didn't understand why they would cut it out.

^ Really? didn't actually see it, maybe I'll try to take a look Maybe its not directly said if it was an orangeshipping hint or not we don't actually know how and why they did it.One thing that we can consider that "A Date with Delcatty" has this Misty side hint and we could totally see Psyduck reacting to it as if he knew something about Misty's like..lol

It would be cool if maybe Ash got an injury, a serious one, and return home, where Misty would be airing to nurse him back to health.

It would be cool if maybe Ash got an injury, a serious one, and return home, where Misty would be airing to nurse him back to health.

I like that idea. I could imagine Misty coming on Ash's home and started to cry get emotional in a sudden which Ash will start to smile despite of his injuries.. And Ash would reply: Misty, you come home.. I think I over-reacted again to situations again, sorryXD

^ Really? Maybe its not directly said if it was an orangeshipping hint or not we don't actually know how and why they did it.One thing that we can consider that "A Date with Delcatty" has this Misty side hint and we could totally see Psyduck reacting to it as if he knew something about Misty's like..lol

Lol that's why I love Psyduck :p And I hope that it's a PokéShipping hint, and it most likely is. I always saw Misty and Tracy as friends, never thought of them as a couple. But you know what would be awesome? If Ash mentioned her in BW, then it's official that the creators are trying to keep Misty's character a live.. for some reason (we obviously know the reason :p).

^ Ash was going to talk with Tracey in the BW saga before the whole Team Rocket Scheme back in Nimbasa City. If only Team Rocket didn't get in the way, then we could have heard something about Misty.

But you know what would be awesome? If Ash mentioned her in BW, then it's official that the creators are trying to keep Misty's character a live.. for some reason (we obviously know the reason :p).

haha, yes indeed. I used to think of and hope of Ash mentioning his old friends and companions specially Misty in BW just like how he mentions her in DP. Although there is a mention of Tracey already in the BW saga..hmmpf

^ Ash was going to talk with Tracey in the BW saga before the whole Team Rocket Scheme back in Nimbasa City. If only Team Rocket didn't get in the way, then we could have heard something about Misty.

:eek: We would surely have heard something about Misty. Since I don't follow the episodes much (too much work) was that the last episode? Because if it was, then maybe he's going to speak to Tracy later on.

haha, yes indeed. I used to think of and hope of Ash mentioning his old friends and companions specially Misty in BW just like how he mentions her in DP.

If he mentions her, it would make my day. He probably will, well hopefully he probably will. COME ON WRITERS! MENTION MISTY!

^ Even a little mention would be big enough to make our daysXD news about her haven't have one yet though..tsk..

Another topic everyone!
What would you prefer: Pokemon having an open end when it comes to shipping, or PokeShipping becoming canon?

What would you prefer: Pokemon having an open end when it comes to shipping, or PokeShipping becoming canon?

PokéShipping becoming canon. Duh.

It would get people to know that it actually DID happen, instead of everybody fighting and saying: "If Pokémon wasn't a kids show, this ship would have happened for sure." If/when it does, everyone can be happy (mostly everyone). So, my point is, it would be so much better if the shipping happened than it didn't.

By this "open end", I'm supposing you're suggesting it to be more romantic or more open to an idea of romancein the Anime, Games, and Manga generally?
I don't know. I'm philophobic, and I only like shipping in cases where the series' main genre isn't romance per se, so I think I wouldn't like that. However, I just wouldn't suit to Pokeshipping becoming canon on the risk if it doesn't blossom into a canon state the way you desired it to be, and that would be slightly selfish to other shippings, as I like Pokemon not being romance-heavy as it allows a collection of shippings to be on the same level with one another. I think that has been really pleasant. Also, I personally have never minded if Pokeshipping becomes canon or not, I know eccentric for a Pokeshipper, but I don't think it will, and I'm satisfied with all the hints I've seen to not be bothered if it didn't in the end. I'd still be happy if it did. It depends on how they're executed, for me to decide.

:eek: We would surely have heard something about Misty. Since I don't follow the episodes much (too much work) was that the last episode? Because if it was, then maybe he's going to speak to Tracy later on.
Unfortunately it was about 15 episodes ago. He probably did talk to Tracey off-screen though. I'm sure Ash talks to Misty and the others off-screen as well.

Open ending for me. As much as I want Pokeshipping to be canon, I would prefer if no shippings conserning Ash became canon. If there is one, then I would want to see how the writers plan for that shipping to be canon. I would be really happy if it was Pokeshipping though. :3

Really? Tracey got a mention in BW? Interesting.

Well, I'd definitely like Pokeshipping to become canon. It's not an imperative to me, though. I'd say that its becoming canon would be a great bonus. I guess an "open" ending would have its benefits, though I don't really know how they could end it with something that is truly open to interpretation from a shipping standpoint.

I'd prefer a ending where PokeShipping becomes canon, like, eh... I don't know, maybe have them show Ash and Misty together in the future?
That seems like it would be the best way to end the show IMHO.

Thanks for answering everyone!..

Actually it either of them [for me], seeing what other poke-shippings [I mean the other Ash shippings..etc] will happened in the end of the series is a bit intriguing but I also like to see how Pokeshipping will become a canon, if ever that happened. Like other shippings, I just love to see how it will go in the endXD

Really? Tracey got a mention in BW? Interesting.

The way you said that sort of got me thinking that you were thinking of how "interesting" that Tracey got a mention. Why is that?

Hey guys, I just read that May and Ash have blushed over each other before. I'm not sure if it's true. Can someone tell me if it is please? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom