• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Lol, I'm a lot like Misty too! Which is why she's my favorite character :3
And another question for you to answer xD :

Do you think PokéShipping will ever happen in the future?

I hope so :)
Maybe at the end of the anime. I prefer ;P
I think about Digimon (02) and how they did the end with the characters (The future with some characters married with children ).... It's kinda...amazing because it's a shonen afterall.... Of all the shonen I've read/watched, I've never seen something like that xD
On the other hand, they were people for the [Sora x Tai shipping] ( I think I were back then but The anime stopped airing in my country :/) but it ended with Sora and Matt married xD

So, I hope something like that can happen at the end of Pokémon (Of course, Pokéshipping). But, I'm still hopeful that It can happen before the end... :)

Last edited:
I think about Digimon (02) and how they did the end with the characters (The future with some characters married with children ).... It's kinda...amazing because it's a shonen afterall.... Of all the shonen I've read/watched, I've never seen something like that xD
On the other hand, they were people for the [Sora x Tai shipping] ( I think I were back then but The anime stopped airing in my country :/) but it ended with Sora and Matt married xD

So, I hope something like that can happen at the end of Pokémon (Of course, Pokéshipping). But, I'm still hopeful that It can happen before the end... :)

The Tai and Sora shipping is called Taiora and the Matt and Sora shipping is called Sorato. I happen to be a Taiora supporter and I'd just like to say that that whole epilogue was BS. Made almost no sense within the context of the canon. Nintendo had better not pull a similar stunt with Pokemon or I will be livid. I still haven't forgiven the Digimon Zero Two director(s) for that travesty of an ending. Anyway, the idea is nice, but if such a thing were to happen, the writers need to do it right so that things are wrapped up in a way that makes sense (and I'm not just talking about making Pokeshipping canon) so we don't have a repeat of the Zero Two epilogue that leaves fans unsatisfied.

Thanks! I didn't know that it was called Taiora. :) . I wasn't a shipper back then
I agree with you that If such an ending is made, then, it must be made very well. But, I feel that Pokémon isn't over yet :) >.>

I know this is a whole different topic, and I'll get back to it right after this post.

Well, honestly, I think Pokémon should end soon. Maybe one more generation, but that's it. Pokémon is going down-hill with Black&White. It's too serious, and I think the Pokémon are kind of lame. They should end it while their legacy is still there, and make the ending a fan-pleaser ("pleaser" is not a word :p). Anyway, back to Misty&Ash. I ordered the Orange Islands series and just got it yesterday. Re-watched a lot of the episodes with hints, and it was awesome! Especially liked Naval Maneuvers, Misty Meets Her Match, and PokéBall Peril. I always wondered how other shippers say that Ash&Misty have no hints. I know all the hints are matter of opinion, but come on! We have what no other Ash ship has (except GisellexAsh [if there is one]): Ash blushing over Misty :3 (oh, and jealousy over Misty!). And I was also thinking of the fact that the creators had made a character that asked if the girl (May and Dawn, not sure about Iris yet) something related to liking Ash. They never blushed, and sort of awkwardly denied it. Besides, May was asked that/teased about liking Drew and most of the time blushed over it, and Dawn is just completely oblivious, like Ash, and also has MANY side characters that like her. And with Misty, whenever someone asked her, she would usually blush, or angrily deny it. Seems that Misty may (may=obviously) has a crush on Ash.

Now, does anyone have a topic? I really have nothing in mind...

Oh, wait! I have one! (Probably asked already, but answer it anyway if you want :3)

What makes PokéShipping stand out from the other Ash shippings (mainly, Advance, Pearl, and Negai).

I already stated my thoughts in the paragraph above^

~Metallica OUT! (That was always my closing letter signature thingy :p).

What makes PokéShipping stand out from the other Ash shippings (mainly, Advance, Pearl, and Negai).

I already stated my thoughts in the paragraph above^

I made two videos analyzing what I believe makes Pokeshipping unique among all the Ash shippings and why I believe it to be the strongest Ash shipping. I've already posted links to them in this thread but you can just click on the link in my signature to find the videos. They're called "In Defense of PokeShipping".

Wait, YOU made them? I saw those videos, and they were EPIC! Awesome analyzing! Though I was never sure about the Celebi part. Wasn't he just going to fight with the Pokémon? I'm Jenna4093 on Youtube :3 (I commented on the post about the whole: Wouldn't "A Date with [forgot name]" be and OrangeShipping hint?". ANYWAYS, I agreed with you 20034657%. But the sad thing is, people still say that there aren't any PokéShipping hints... -.-

Wait, YOU made them? I saw those videos, and they were EPIC! Awesome analyzing! Though I was never sure about the Celebi part. Wasn't he just going to fight with the Pokémon? I'm Jenna4093 on Youtube :3 (I commented on the post about the whole: Wouldn't "A Date with [forgot name]" be and OrangeShipping hint?". ANYWAYS, I agreed with you 20034657%. But the sad thing is, people still say that there aren't any PokéShipping hints... -.-

Here's how I think about the Celebi thing. Misty's leg (or ankle) was hurt and soon after the shadow pokemon came. Ash knew he had to protect Celebi and I would never argue that he wasn't thinking about that responsibility. I point to Ash's actions when the pokemon showed up. The first thing he did wasn't take out a pokeball or run up and confront the shadow pokemon, it was move in front of Misty, effectively shielding her. That says to me that Ash's first concern was Misty's safety because he only took out a pokeball to engage the shadow pokemon AFTER he had moved in front of her. Do you see what I'm saying? I'll admit I didn't explain it very well in the video.

But the sad thing is, people still say that there aren't any PokéShipping hints... -.-

yeah even takeshi shudo said in his blogs that there basically wasnt any shipping evidence and that all the so-called moments were just coincidence. sure he didnt say that verbatim but he indeed invalidated all of the shipping moments, even the ones in pokemon 2000 movie >_< and he DID blatantly say that misty didnt have feelings for ash... He musta been on crack cuz reading his words in those blogs, its like he hadnt even been watching the show himself >_<

i mean in regards to evidence, we got the whole pokemon 2000 movie for one. i dont remember wut was said in english but in japanese misty told that one girl that she would be the one to help ash because he's her burden. and japanese people dont say things like that unless there is strong feelings i.e. love involved.
we have all of the blushing scenes, the scenes where they worry about each other, the scenes where misty was soooo sad and hurt to leave ash, rudy even acknowledged the fact that theres something between them--in fact in my opinion, alot of the orange island season is a JACKPOT of pokeshipping moments and episodes :)

plus wasnt there an unaired japanese trailer for the mewtwo movie where misty has her hair down and she has pikachu with her and some little girl..? im gonna try to dig that up.

So all in all YES ash and misty are meant to be together forever and their love is indeed real. and anyone who cant see that must be insane...

Here's how I think about the Celebi thing. Misty's leg (or ankle) was hurt and soon after the shadow pokemon came. Ash knew he had to protect Celebi and I would never argue that he wasn't thinking about that responsibility. I point to Ash's actions when the pokemon showed up. The first thing he did wasn't take out a pokeball or run up and confront the shadow pokemon, it was move in front of Misty, effectively shielding her. That says to me that Ash's first concern was Misty's safety because he only took out a pokeball to engage the shadow pokemon AFTER he had moved in front of her. Do you see what I'm saying? I'll admit I didn't explain it very well in the video.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, that makes more sense! I see what you mean :) Thanks for being more clear on what you meant. xD

Hmm.. I thought of posting this small screenshot of the Celebi movie. I thought it was a nice scene to see Ash [and Brock] help Misty. He shown his concern as a friend to Misty and I couldn't agree more to the the explanation above. It would be nice if Ash did carried Misty than Brock would do thoughXD
movie4.jpg

I just listened to Misty's Goodbye Song (again) and started crying... (again). Even if it's only dubbed, I love that song. Though I'm not a big fan of Misty's Song, but it's not THAT bad... anyway, reminds me of the good times. I'll probably re-watch Kanto and Johto JUST to see Misty again xD

But the sad thing is, people still say that there aren't any PokéShipping hints... -.-

yeah even takeshi shudo said in his blogs that there basically wasnt any shipping evidence and that all the so-called moments were just coincidence. sure he didnt say that verbatim but he indeed invalidated all of the shipping moments, even the ones in pokemon 2000 movie >_< and he DID blatantly say that misty didnt have feelings for ash... He musta been on crack cuz reading his words in those blogs, its like he hadnt even been watching the show himself >_<

I agree ^^
Plus, you know there is the SatoKasu in Japan. They have a wikipedia page about it. (Bigger than the other shipping pages :))
So, I think that even Japaneses have seen the hints.... Not only us.

Usagi777 => You're right, about the burden thing. It was even deleted in the French dub -_-.
1337783495-vlcsnap-2012-05-23-18h29m11s193.png

And the trailer :
Myutsu(Mewtwo) no Gyakushuu/MewtwoVSMew Original movie trailer. - YouTube
The music on the background is "fantasy in my pocket", for those who don't know :)
Fantasy in My Pocket - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Last edited:
Nice pictures everyone!! even If Pokeshipping never comes true that won't stop me from supporting it!!

I don't know if there's good hints in the other OS movies like the hints in Pokemon 2000. But I bet there are nice scene from those movies. So I guess I'll post pictures..

Movies
Movie 1 (<-Correct me please if I'm wrong, I'm not so sure about these scene came fromXD)
vd3.jpg

--

Mewtwo Returns?
ashsavemisty.jpg

I like it how Ash seens to be defending/protecting Misty.

---

Movie 2
movie2-2.jpg

movie2-4.jpg

Misty saving Ash.

---

Movie 3
movie3-2.jpg

They're running together!

movie3-3.jpg

---

Movie 4
I've already posted the first screenshots pictures.:)

movie4-3.jpg

Ending Credits
movie4-2-1.jpg

---

Movie 5
mistyashmovie5.jpg

I love to see them battle again..hmm..

---

Movie 6
vlcsnap-683277-1.png

''A friend let me..(..) And I miss her everyday..''
Although we know it was just the english dubbed version, it wasn't the same thing about what Ash have said in the original dubbed.

Thanks R&T for posting that picture and the video trailer i was talking about.
And also thanks Ashheartcirclecircle for the pics u posted too.

But yeah even though Takeshi Shudo said there werent feelings between Ash and Misty and even though the trailer is "non canon" it still shows that the other writers did originally intend for Ash and Misty to get together and have a future (and a family). And since that was the original idea, that means that the pokeshipping future is still out there because it acknowledges and confirms that there IS love between Ash and Misty. Because if there wasnt, then the writers wouldnt have even thought of making a trailer like that.

So YES Ash and Misty will be married in the future. Its just been delayed by other events. And even if we never see it on screen, it will still happen :)

^Your welcome, just call me Ash for short:)

I hope for the same.. but at least, for now, we need to see her again..have an appearance and see her future scene together Ash and the group.. Though her return might have less chances..I hope the other old characters would have a chance to return including Misty *cross fingers*

You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!

I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).

You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!

I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).

I agree with you 100%. I've argued with Advanceshippers who say that Pokeshipping is dead and I made the same points. It's still one of the most popular ships in all of Pokemon, Pokeshipping hints have happened well after Misty left the cast, proving that she doesn't need to be there for hints to happen and Pokeshipping still has the strongest hints of all Ash shippings. Pokeshipping is very much alive. Now personally, I think Advanceshipping is dead and Pearlshipping was never alive to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you 100%. I've argued with Advanceshippers who say that Pokeshipping is dead and I used the same arguments. It's still one of the most popular ships in all of Pokemon, Pokeshipping hints have happened well after Misty left the cast, proving that she doesn't need to be there for hints to happen and Pokeshipping still has the strongest hints of all Ash shippings. Pokeshipping is very much alive. Now personally, I think Advanceshipping is dead and Pearlshipping was never alive to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly! The fact that there are still hints prove that the writers are thinking of doing something with her. And I agree with the AdvanceShipping being dead and PearlShipping never even happening. AdvanceShipping was crushed big time by ContestShipping, since the creators were OBVIOUSLY trying to make a JerkBoyxNiceGirl sort of pairing. PearlShipping.. I have no idea how people even SEE hints in that. I've looked at the PearlShipping hints page on Bulbapedia, and I was like: "Whaaaa..? How is this a hint?" for every hint. I always thought of PearlShipping as another AshxMainGirl shipping, the same with AdvanceShipping. But some people just like the shippings because they are their 2 favorite characters, which I can respect. But when your talking hints.. PokéShipping wins by far.

^This is an IMO, and I know I may be being a bit rough, but like I said, this is an IMO.

AdvanceShipping was crushed big time by ContestShipping, since the creators were OBVIOUSLY trying to make a JerkBoyxNiceGirl sort of pairing. PearlShipping.. I have no idea how people even SEE hints in that. I've looked at the PearlShipping hints page on Bulbapedia, and I was like: "Whaaaa..? How is this a hint?" for every hint.

Yes! Contestshipping kills Advanceshipping. In fact, I made a video talking about the strongest Contestshipping hints. And Pearlshipping, you are right on! I looked at the Bulbapedia page for Pearlshipping too and I had the same reaction that you did. None of those so called "hints" point to feelings of romantic love. It's all friendship! Pearlshipping has no legs to stand on. Pokeshipping, Contestshipping and to a lesser extent Rocketshipping are the three strongest ships in Pokemon, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom