• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Been such a long time since I posted here.

Would you compare AAML to Romeo and Juliet?

No. The only similarity they have is that they're both young couples, but that doesn't even stand because R+J were 14 or so and Ash and Misty are what, 11 and 13? (Or maybe I'm wrong) But the point is they just don't compare...

What is your opinion of MangaPokeshipping?

Meh.

I know it's at least close to one-sided canon on Misty's side, but it never sat well with me. Plus, I'm an avid Specialshipper

I guess..not so much.
They maybe loving each other but I've they're not so much related to ''Romeo and Juliet''..
and Yeah they are both young couples.BUt somewhat to age may differ too..

^_^

No. Both couples are different and have different interactions, so I can't see any comparsion.

Wow, I go to Florida for a week, and the old thread is gone, this new one is up, and everything is black and has "Team Rocket" on it. So, perhaps, someone can tell me what the hell has happened in the last 8 days? It would be much appreciated :D

Hun made revolution.

What is your opinion of MangaPokeshipping?

Meh.

I know it's at least close to one-sided canon on Misty's side, but it never sat well with me. Plus, I'm an avid Specialshipper

I can never seem to like SpecialShipping due to the fact I ship LuckyShipping a whole lot and MangaPokeShipping as well. Yellow's my least favorite character in the manga, but I don't hate her. I just can't see the chemistry between her and Red. All I see is a little kid and a big brother.

I'm not totally in MangaPokeShipping, but I still find it so adorable. I'm more into PanderShipping in the manga. GreenxMisty make a good couple in my opinion.

Anyway...

I can't compare Ash and Misty to ROMEO & JULIET. Such a tragic couple... I don't want AAML to end up like that.

PokeShipping =/= Romeo and Juliet

Pokeshipping fits more into a Slap Slap Kiss couple

Last edited:

I wouldn't compare AAML to Romeo and Juliet. Setting aside the tragic nature of Romeo and Juliet and their feuding families. Romeo and Juliet was a case of love (or lust, depending on your personal views) at first sight. Ash and Misty didn't fall in love, or lust right, off the bat. Misty seemed to start crushing on Ash once she saw how much he really cared for his Pokemon, which wasn't very long but not as soon as she fished him out of the river. Ash's feelings toward Misty grew as they traveled together till she meant a lot to him, at the very least, but there are no clear points when he stopped viewing her as an annoyance and more of a friend or later where his view changed from just being friends to being close/best friends.

Also, Romeo and Juliet openly expressed their feelings for each other and worked to overcome all obstacles. Ash and Misty haven't shared their feeling directly with each other, and Misty has seemed quite adamant to avoid having Ash find out about her crush.

Why I'm a Pokeshipper Fan?

As many said, it was the first one and meant to be. You can see it in all hints.

And do I believe it is like Romeo and Juliet?

Really not XD It's not an easy love, but Delia would be so happy to see Misty as Ash's girlfriend and she loves her like her own daughter. In Romeo and Juliet the families of the two lived in war. So - really not XD°

How have you been, guys? I finished my new FanArt today. Maybe you wanna see it.
picture.php

^ This is the scene I missed in the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later!".

Dialogue to the picture:
Ash: "You will leave me. I know that!"
Misty: *comforts Ash* "Maybe I'll leave you here, but never as a friend."
Ash: "Promised?" *lies his hand on hers on his cheek*
Misty: *smiles softly* "Promised."

That pic sure is cute, but Satoshi is a little OOC. XD; Btw, how much taller is Kasumi than Satoshi in Kanto? I think Sato might be as tall as her now in DP.

That pic sure is cute, but Satoshi is a little OOC. XD; Btw, how much taller is Kasumi than Satoshi in Kanto? I think Sato might be as tall as her now in DP.

But it's out of the Kanto-seasons, not DP ;) So Misty is a head taller than Ash. People who watched the old episodes maybe can remember and if not, have a look on the old show ^^

As many said, it was the first one and meant to be. You can see it in all hints.

Really not XD It's not an easy love, but Delia would be so happy to see Misty as Ash's girlfriend and she loves her like her own daughter. In Romeo and Juliet the families of the two lived in war. So - really not XD°

How have you been, guys? I finished my new FanArt today. Maybe you wanna see it.
picture.php

Dialogue to the picture:

THATS cute!!!
Misty cheered Ashy up yay!!
Ashy should kiss Kasumi in the Lips for that!!!

picture.php

Dialogue to the picture:

The fanart makes a very interesting pokeshipping part.it is nice to see Ash so concerned in Misty's departure..
I'll add this to make a ''relatively'' pic for Ash's feelings toward Misty..

picture.php

[An AG version]

Romeo and Juliet? Not particularly.

1) It wasn't love at first sight.
2) It can be argued that their families support it. At least they don't hate either of them. Hanako welcomes Misty at her home a lot and Sakura does seem to see something between the two, or that's what I remember. I could be completely off with Sakura though.
3) I don't want them to die!!!!

Anyways, about Ash's height, I REALLY hope he grows. I don't see too much difference in DP with his height, but his voice seems deeper.

I like the art but it bugs me that Misty's a lot taller than Ash. I see it as Misty is just slightly taller or the same height as Ash.

Why do you like Pokeshipping?

well, mostly for me, its memories. I remember as a litlle kid not knowing anything whatsoever about love thinking that they loved eachother. Plus, many of the hints/moments you can't argue with like other ships. And lastly, they would look so cute together! It's evident they truly care or cared for eachother.

I like the art but it bugs me that Misty's a lot taller than Ash. I see it as Misty is just slightly taller or the same height as Ash.

Yeah.But still it makes a good art though,..*facinating,and amazing*...
but I still like Ash and Misty's height as the same as each other,..

Here's an awesome PokeShipping art for all!!! I like the character design on this one. I would like to point out that Misty is looking so cool in her new hairstyle!

I grew up watching the original cast as a kid, so when I finally came back to the fandom (after dropping it cold turkey when Johto ended) I would look up anything involving the trio, including fanfictions. And in a lot of those fictions I read, they either had quite a bit of pokeshipping moments in them or already had Ash and Misty as a couple from the start. At first this freaked me out since I had always pictured Ash and Misty having a brother and sister relationship when watching the series (because I was like 5 at the time and still believed boys had cooties XD), but after reading enough of it I came to absolutely adore the two together and their obvious (at least in my opinion) romantic chemistry.

Not really. When I think of Romeo and Juliet, I think of angst and romantic tragedies. When I think of pokeshipping, I think of laughter and the cutest ‘Aww’ moments imaginable. In my mind, the two have close to nothing in common.

@jczala-AWESOME pic!

Back
Top Bottom