• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

^Thanks.I think I should make another one fix the banner..hmm..

for now, I like to share this drawing I made last May 20. Upon hearing Dawn's return, My imagination goes into different directionsXD

IMG_052712_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Nice drawing :) i like "its teasing time" lol I also like the way you drew misty with her hair down

I was wondering the other day; does anyone here consider Pokémon Live!, the musical way back in 2000, to have held any particular value in terms of Pokeshipping? I know it isn't strictly canon, that's what made me question it in the first place; but on the other hand, it does feature 'Misty's Song' and Misty's love for Ash is pretty much a sub-plot throughout the whole thing. Personally, I'm not sure whether or not to count it, but what does anyone else think?

P.S. - if you don't know what I'm talking about, I've posted the link here.

Last edited:
I was wondering the other day; does anyone here consider Pokémon Live!, the musical way back in 2000, to have held any particular value in terms of Pokeshipping? I know it isn't strictly canon, that's what made me question it in the first place; but on the other hand, it does feature 'Misty's Song' and Misty's love for Ash is pretty much a sub-plot throughout the whole thing. Personally, I'm not sure whether or not to count it, but what does anyone else think?

I don't particularly attach any relevance to it except that it proves that the people who made the production were very supportive of Pokeshipping at the time.

Nice drawing :) i like "its teasing time" lol I also like the way you drew misty with her hair down

Thank you!I know its in a bad quality, but I'm Glad you've read my hand writings! I thought it was a bit catchy since I thought it would be so funny cute if Cilan would say that in teasing Ash with Misty.XD

Last edited:

Thank you!I know its in a bad quality, but I'm Glad you've read my hand writings! I thought it was a bit catchy since I thought it would be so funny cute if Cilan would say that in teasing Ash with Misty.XD

i agree!!! it fits perfectly :) i would love to see that in an episode too

Thank you! :) I would like for something like that to happened.. but since Misty hasn't return yet, I guess..an imagination..to be considered..we can dream, can we? *smiles*
Oh, I got a topic! If Ash and Misty would travel together again, would they prefer traveling (just the two of them) or with more traveling companions?

Last edited:
If Ash and Misty would travel together again, would they prefer traveling (just the two of them) or with more traveling companions?

Hmmmm.. I think they would prefer with companions. I don't know why I think that though. Maybe because I want the whole original trio back.

If Ash and Misty would travel together again, would they prefer traveling (just the two of them) or with more traveling companions?

I think Misty would definitely prefer to travel with Ash alone, although if it was just the two of them we'd have to rely solely on the characters of the day to point out and tease them about their feelings for each other.

My ideal travelling group would be Ash, Misty, Brock and Tracey - Brock to provide the humour and Tracey to constantly ensure that Pokeshipping had sufficient hints (and also possibly to get Brock keyed in on PS too).

Oh, I got a topic! If Ash and Misty would travel together again, would they prefer traveling (just the two of them) or with more traveling companions?

I think that initially, they would wanna travel alone to reacquaint themselves with each other and maybe have other companions later on.

Hmmmm.. I think they would prefer with companions. I don't know why I think that though. Maybe because I want the whole original trio back.
I think that initially, they would wanna travel alone to reacquaint themselves with each other and maybe have other companions later on.
I actually want to see the original trio again. It nice to see them travel together but with companions, I guess there would be instances that they might tease the twoXD It would be also nice if they would have time to travel for just the two of them.

My ideal travelling group would be Ash, Misty, Brock and Tracey - Brock to provide the humour and Tracey to constantly ensure that Pokeshipping had sufficient hints (and also possibly to get Brock keyed in on PS too).

I really love the original trio but Ash, Misty Brock and Tracey..is indeed a nice group. (This made me remember about a certain pic with the four) Brock does shows some humors and I think they could recognize Ash and Misty's feelings and I think he can be the person to give advice when it come to love.XD

Wow. I sure missed a lot of spirited discussion, didn't I?

I think it holds a bit of relevance. It at least shows that the American producers certainly believed in Pokeshipping. And I think that at least increases the probability that Pokeshipping was the intention of the Japanese producers. I don't think that it's entirely likely that the dubbers (who were the same people behind Pokemon Live!) pulled Pokeshipping out of thin air. The characters are the brainchildren of the guys in Japan, after all, and they probably don't want their characters changed very much in translation, and would have probably objected to a fabricated romantic sub-plot (among other reasons).

So I think it at least makes it clear that the dubbers were pretty set on Pokeshipping, which in my mind is a decent indicator for what the guys in Japan had in mind. Though, it could have just the dubbers way of getting out their intense desire to lie to small children :p

I agree with RadioactivCharmander on what Misty would want. As for Ash, I bet he'd want Brock there too (maybe for romantic advice, lol).

Thank you for answering guys! We seems a little silent around..
I got another topic: What's the funniest PokeShippy screenshot you've ever seen? or Post the funniest pokeshipping screenshot of your choice.

Weeeeeeeeeellllllllllll... since they are arguing, I guess it can count as part of a PokéShippy moment.

tumblr_lu1wqrrJvj1qm8s9no1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... I think that if Brock wanted to travel with them again, they would like that, but other than that, I think they'd prefer traveling alone.

What's the funniest PokeShippy screenshot you've ever seen? or Post the funniest pokeshipping screenshot of your choice.
From "Make Room for Gloom" (wanted to post a shot of the scene before this, but I couldn't find one (but this one is funny :lol:)):
hqdefault.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeellllllllllll... since they are arguing, I guess it can count as part of a PokéShippy moment.

tumblr_lu1wqrrJvj1qm8s9no1_400.gif

Yeah, I remember that! Their arguments are quite funny too:)

Hmmm.... I think that if Brock wanted to travel with them again, they would like that, but other than that, I think they'd prefer traveling alone.

What's the funniest PokeShippy screenshot you've ever seen? or Post the funniest pokeshipping screenshot of your choice.
From "Make Room for Gloom" (wanted to post a shot of the scene before this, but I couldn't find one (but this one is funny :lol:)):
hqdefault.jpg

Ah yes..I once saw another screenshot of that but can't find a link or something..
Oh and I just wanted to ask. I haven't seen all of the original series' episode,XD Where is this screenshot from?
pic003k.jpg

I totally forget the episode title of this..lol

Ah yes..I once saw another screenshot of that but can't find a link or something..
Oh and I just wanted to ask. I haven't seen all of the original series' episode,XD Where is this screenshot from?
pic003k.jpg

The episode is called: "A Shadow of a Drought."

pic003k.jpg

The episode is called: "A Shadow of a Drought."

Ok, thank you! I was totally thinking the wrong episode. Tnx:)

No problem ;) And maybe this was told before.. but I'm not sure. The topic is:

What is your favorite hint, but not from the original series?

Gotta say "The Princess and the Togepi".

No problem ;) And maybe this was told before.. but I'm not sure. The topic is:

What is your favorite hint, but not from the original series?

Gotta say "The Princess and the Togepi".

I actually agree with you. That episode is FULL of Pokeshipping subtext.

Back
Top Bottom