• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Here's a question to get us back on topic.

If Cilan were to see the classic interactions between Ash and Misty (teasing, arguing), do you think he would start teasing them about liking each other?

Oh definitely, in fact he'd probably be more likely to than Iris (claiming he's a 'relationships connoisseur' too, haha).
To quote one of my older posts, he'd probably say something like this:

Cilan: "Ash and Misty - such an excellent combination! All of the battling flavours and spices, a recipe for a loving relationship!"

Stopping by again. Oh I miss posting in here.. but sadly ..I'll be going soon...

Thank you guys for liking the banner!

Cilan: "Ash and Misty - such an excellent combination! All of the battling flavours and spices, a recipe for a loving relationship!"
I like this. I really see Cilan could start teasing Ash and Misty if ever he'll see both of them arguing or perhaps..as close friends..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, PokéShippers sometimes say that Brock was a PokéShipper. I have no idea how he ever was, but if there are actual episodes where he does something PokéShippy, can you tell me please? Thanks! xD

For the above, look at one of the episodes before Johto. Apparently, it's shown quite a bit. It has Satoshi, Kasumi, Takeshi, and Tracey (I forgot his japanese name)e

Yes, I am back (Listen, Minecraft had a reason...and Black 2 and White 2....and more.), but not for long. When Black and White 2 comes out in America, bye for me. (I am Herobrine's New Year/johnr754).

I have a tiny idea for a fanfic with somewhat PokeShipping. Ash gets transported to the world of FireRed and LeafGreen (the games), and Red goes to the world of the anime. Going to include pokeshipping.

So...yeah...I'll support it.

Yeah, the episode right before Johto had a nice moment instigated by Brock. I don't remember any of the dialogue, but Brock was pushing Ash and Misty toward each other. I want to say that it was Brock suggesting that they hug to make up after a fight, but I don't know that for sure.

Haha, I've only seen a few episodes of BW, but that seems pretty dead on for Cilan. I'm gonna go with this as my answer to the topic.

NEW TOPIC!

What do you think about Ash and Misty's arguments? Do you prefer them arguing or talking like civilized people?

I think I know the answers to most of you people here, but I'm still curios :3

NEW TOPIC!

What do you think about Ash and Misty's arguments? Do you prefer them arguing or talking like civilized people?

I think I know the answers to most of you people here, but I'm still curios :3
Very strange question. I'd like to see them talking civilly more often. The arguments would be alright occasionally as long as it's friendly teasing (and possibly flirting) and they're not intentionally trying to hurt each other.

It's fun to watch them argue occasionally (because they wouldn't be the same if they didn't argue once in a while), but I don't want to see them arguing all the time. A fine balance of both arguing and not arguing is what makes their relationship so perfect! (okay, that last part sounded like something Cilan would say :lol:)

One more thing I'd like to share with everyone is the fanart I recently did. It's sort of PokeShippy:

P6146216.JPG

Ash didn't turn out too well unfortunately...

Hello everybody :3 Was curious, how big do you think the PokéShipping FanBase is in the U.S. and Japan?

Hello everybody :3 Was curious, how big do you think the PokéShipping FanBase is in the U.S. and Japan?

Well Takeshi Shudo was, by the sound of it, a pretty militant anti-pokéshipper and his twisted views may have led some Japanese viewers to think the same way, so I would say the Pokeshipping fanbase was probably bigger in the US. Plus, obviously, 4Kids did push PS a lot more than the original Japanese writers did.

Shudo was not, and maybe never was, and never will be, a PokéShipper, but 4Kids is an entire different story...Heh. Opposites. 4Kids is the opposite of Shudo.

Also, I'm planning a fanfic after the third Pokémon movie that's somewhat inspired from a creepypasta. It's a nightmare of Kasumi's.

Last edited:
In what way would you like Ash and Misty to meet in Unova (tournament, visit etc.)?

Tournament, I guess. As there's a Kanto Cup in Unova, this might be inevitable.

I also got another topic: If Ash or Misty got 3 wishes and used it for each other, what would they wish for?

Edit: Fix'd.

Last edited:
Hey I've just joined is it ok if I join the conversation?

Of course you may, but only if you contribute to it. These discussion threads aren't fan clubs, so you have to add to the topic or start a new one every single time you make a post.

It depends what time period you're talking about. If you mean during the Kanto-Johto era, of course it was big as Misty was the only main girl at the time.

However nowadays in 2012 people ship Ash with many other characters, and since Misty's been gone for 10 years, many people have lost interest in the ship and moved on. Not to mention the little kids who grow up watching the current seasons and never seeing the older stuff.

I don't think there should be a doubt in anyones mind that Pokeshipping was most popular from 1998-2002...but since then its waned a bit due to many people either losing interest or switching to other ships.

I also got another topic: If Ash or Misty got 3 wishes and used it against each other, what would they wish for?

The word "against" suggests that the wishes would be used for mischievous or malevolent purposes. Given the nature of the question, I guess there are two answers.

Ash
Wish 1: Make Misty say "Ash Ketchum is the greatest pokemon trainer in the world" (to satisfy his own ego and get her back for teasing him about his training skills)
Wish 2: That Misty would always wear her hair down and let it grow out (because we all know that Ash prefers Misty with her hair out of it's ponytail)
Wish 3: That Misty could always travel with him (because I'm sure it's something he secretly desires and of course something we desire)

Misty
Wish 1: That Ash would listen to her advice and be willing to let her help him ("He Drives Me Crazy", anyone?)
Wish 2: That Ash would actually keep in touch with her (post GCYL)
Wish 3: That Ash would reciprocate her feelings (let's face it, she has 3 free wishes and she would want to be selfish for once)

Back
Top Bottom