• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a good Pokeshipping fanfic? I'm less concerned with specific content, but looking more for something that's really well written
I've been looking around too.
I find that well written Pokemon fanfiction is more difficult to come by, possibly because the anime is aimed generally at younger audiences so the writers are younger and less experienced. They're not bad writers by any means, but they've usually just started so they've still got a lot to learn.

Reaction score
a good Pokeshipping fanfic
Team Rocket Strikes Back- AAML

^This one? it's done by a good friend of<on Deviantart(and it can only be found there) called shinjiasuka4ever(who sometimes asked me to pre/proof read them)

Who am I? Where am I?
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I haven't read either of those, so I'll definitely look into both.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good Pokeshipping fanfic? I'm less concerned with specific content, but looking more for something that's really well written
I find that well written Pokemon fanfiction is more difficult to come by, possibly because the anime is aimed generally at younger audiences so the writers are younger and less experienced. They're not bad writers by any means, but they've usually just started so they've still got a lot to learn.
I agree with this, but I also think it has a lot to do with having less resources. Fanfics don't go through the many iterations of edits that published material goes through, and it's tough to write something well on the first or second go. It's possible though, so I try to seek out those writers who really have a knack for it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I haven't read either of those, so I'll definitely look into both.

I agree with this, but I also think it has a lot to do with having less resources. Fanfics don't go through the many iterations of edits that published material goes through, and it's tough to write something well on the first or second go. It's possible though, so I try to seek out those writers who really have a knack for it.
... but Beta readers?

Reaction score
Offhand, the only fanfics coming to mind are:

Cavern Of A Million Colors
Get Well Soon (future fic)
Parental Advisory (future fic)

Though apologies if you've already read them/they aren't quite what you were looking for. ^^;

grass princess
Reaction score
Cavern of a Million Colors was one of my favorite fics when I was still in my Pokeshipping-obsessed phase. So many fanfics fail to keep the characters actually in-character, but this fic did a really good job at making Ash and Misty...actually act like Ash and Misty. XD Plus the story itself was just very well written and hauntingly beautiful.

Who am I? Where am I?
Reaction score
So many fanfics fail to keep the characters actually in-character...
I agree with this SO MUCH. I've tried to let it go when reading some fanfics that I find good otherwise, but I find it really hard to immerse myself in a story that takes too many liberties with characters' personalities. If Cavern of a Million Colors is good at retaining the characters' "essence" so to speak, then I'm definitely adding it to my list! Thanks!

Have you read Texas Longhorn's fic yet? It's easily the best poke shipping fic online. It's called " A New Journey".
Thanks for this recommendation, Pokefann! I'm reading it now and really enjoying it.

And thanks for all of the other suggestions guys! I really appreciate it!

Pokéshipper
Reaction score
Hello again,

Just here to say that I'm probably not going to be very active here for the next few weeks, so I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I hope that in 2013 we can all continue to support Pokéshipping with as enthusiasm as we always have done (and see Misty make an appearance in the anime, haha).

Last edited:
⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Just wanted to drop by, post a fanart of mine and say..

Merry Christmas everyone! Take care everyone.

Describe Ash and Misty's Christmas. <<Just in case we run out of discussionsXD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is dead. Let's liven things up with a new discussion.

There are many poke shipping "hints" that occur outside of the anime in sources such as the manga. What is your favorite outside-of-anime hint? (These are obviously non-canon, but this should still be a fun discussion).

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score

Yeah, it seems so..My apologies for being inactive here as well:) I have tried reading pokemon adventures.. and I also find out how Red and Misty met. I just remembered how Ash and Misty met while she is fishing. I don't know some others ousite-the-anime hints but this is the only thing I've known for now.XD

realisation
Reaction score
I don't really count MangaPokeShipping as Pokeshipping, personally, so I wouldn't use it for an outside-Anime hint. Unless you are referring to the Electric Tale of Pikachu as well, which is based off the Anime characters, that is known to have a few hints, where he finds her attractive.

Who am I? Where am I?
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is dead. Let's liven things up with a new discussion.

There are many poke shipping "hints" that occur outside of the anime in sources such as the manga. What is your favorite outside-of-anime hint? (These are obviously non-canon, but this should still be a fun discussion).
Misty's Song. It was so....not subtle lol.

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
I don't really count MangaPokeShipping as Pokeshipping, personally, so I wouldn't use it for an outside-Anime hint. Unless you are referring to the Electric Tale of Pikachu as well, which is based off the Anime characters, that is known to have a few hints, where he finds her attractive.
My bad. I haven't really read a lot of pokemon manga, yet I've just read the manga once though, and I do kinda like some interaction in the Electric Tale of Picachu.

I have made another art..
..And some arts I find in Pixiv.
「言ってやんない」/「***」のイラスト [pixiv]
「レカス絵茶ログ」/「清順(トンボ)」の漫画 [pixiv]

realisation
Reaction score
My bad. I haven't really read a lot of pokemon manga, yet I've just read the manga once though, and I do kinda like some interaction in the Electric Tale of Picachu.
Oh, I haven't either, haha, but Red is the protagonist and who is shipped in MangaPokeShipping and not Ash, so it's not the same person, really...

Lovely Pokemon fanart, yours, and the members from Pixiv's too! I found this little gem, myself;

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
Oh, I haven't either, haha, but Red is the protagonist and who is shipped in MangaPokeShipping and not Ash, so it's not the same person, really...

Lovely Pokemon fanart, yours, and the members from Pixiv's too! I found this little gem, myself;

Nah, it's ok. I actually agree with what you've said. It's Red and not particularly Ash. :) Thank you!
Oh.. that's fanart is so cute! Iill put it as one of my bookmarks in pixiv!:)

realisation
Reaction score
I'll try to think up of a topic, though I'm not fantastic at them at all...

What was your favourite hint during Misty's cameo return in AG?

Good news everyone...
Reaction score
What was your favourite hint during Misty's cameo return in AG?

I'm not sure of my real answer to that. I can't really recall any actual hints in her AG return, though I might just be rusty on my hints.

I do know what my favorite not-hint is. A fair number of people think that Ash and Misty were holding hands in a short clip in the one of the togepi episodes, when it was really just some strange positioning of the animation. It really does look like they're holding hands though. I find it amusing.

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
^ Yeah U remembered that time when discussed in the thread. It might be just part of the animation which got a little bit blurry, making things that they are really holding hands. it would be nice though but I hardly find it happening!XD.

Hmm, I haven't thought of a Misty cameo hint in AG. I do like Ash's [and friends] reaction upon meeting her again in the AG series, and about the teasing thing interactions when Misty first appeared in the AG series. Moreover, when Misty got caught by Team Rocket, Ash did the first one to run for after her. I guess that's all I can think off:)