• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I've actually brought this up before, but there's this one moment in the Mirage special where they're both traveling through the water and Misty is looking at Ash, he looks over to her, she quickly snaps her head back and makes a surprised sound. Then they zoom in on Ash's face and it looks like he's saying to himself "whaaa... why was she looking at me?" It's only like five seconds long and it seems to serve absolutely no purpose, but it looks like a "you look at me, I look away" scene. It could have been easily replaced by a generic shot of them going through the water, without having to animate them.

As I see it, if it means nothing, they wasted effort storyboarding the scene, animating them, and paying the animators for their efforts for something that could have been done with less effort and less expense. Call me crazy, but it just seems deliberate to me.

I think examples like the one you point to are examples of subtext like I mentioned earlier. Subtle little things that you have to look beneath the surface to get. And yes, I agree that it's deliberate.

That's a very interesting point, @Sardonicus;.

What I find cute in the special is how Ash shows off the invitation to Misty when he spots her there, and saying it's due to his skills. Sure, he could've said it to anyone, but I find it sweet, how even after the OS, Ash would still puff himself up in order to impress her.

That's a very interesting point, @Sardonicus;.

What I find cute in the special is how Ash shows off the invitation to Misty when he spots her there, and saying it's due to his skills. Sure, he could've said it to anyone, but I find it sweet, how even after the OS, Ash would still puff himself up in order to impress her.

You're right. Even though Ash had proven himself to be a capable trainer by that point, he still felt the need to brag in front of her to impress her. He's always looking for her approval.

*nods* Ash is a bit show-off in that scene.
WOAH, I haven't realized those scenes when I first watch..XD *watch again*

I made banner..no reasons. I got a little depressed with school stuffs and thought of making some to relieve stress.XD
callingyourname_zps08640252-1_zpsf96da1a5.jpg

sidebyside2_zps0a4ba82a-1_zps52b2f9df.jpg

The month of heart has finally begun and Valentine's is approaching. Here's a litte topic to start with, just in case this is a good topic to discuss with :)
Describe a Valentine scene for Ash and Misty.

Last edited:
I made banner..no reasons. I got a little depressed with school stuffs and thought of making one to relieve stress.
callingyourname_zps08640252-1_zpsf96da1a5.jpg

sidebyside2_zps0a4ba82a-1_zps52b2f9df.jpg

The month of heart has finally begun and Valentine's is approaching. Here's a litte topic to start with, just in case this is a good topic to discuss with :)

First off, I LOVE the second banner! Hmm...a Valentine's scene for Ash and Misty. I'm not in my most creative mood today, so I can only think of cliches. A letter wishing Misty a Happy Valentine's Day, a banquet of her favorite flower (whatever it is) and maybe a subtle hint in the letter of what his real feelings for her are.

Lovely banners, @Ash♥●•٠·;, I particularly like the statements in them.

Well, I can envisage Ash dragging Misty to some restaurant to her delight at the romantic appeal, but realising it's just some diner. But, Ash surprises her by giving her a Togepi keyring, since Misty no longer has her Togetic, so it'd act as a reminder of her old Pokemon. What would Misty do for Ash? Well, I can just imagine Misty pacing in her Gym for hours beforehand, thinking of what to do to make it unique. But, I haven't come up with anything that satisfies me yet.

First off, I LOVE the second banner!

Lovely banners, @Ash♥●•٠·;, I particularly like the statements in them

Thank you @AvidPSFan and Likeitornot.. The quote I used in the banner was actually from a text message I received from a classmates. I used it first before I delete itXD It got my mind on the process and thought making a simple banner to it. Thank you guys!

I like the ideas guys! I like the idea of Ash giving a letter to Misty and how Misty dragged by Ash in a diner..:)

Time for me to answer it:
Ash might be clueless and dense when it comes to romantic stuffs with other people but I could see him at least head back to Pallet Town, at least borrow a roselia/rosarade pokemon he could dragged Drew along with the others too, off to Cerulean Gym.. then surprise Misty with the whole gang following Ash to assist him actually XD.

Sorry about my weird-ness. hehe.
I'm so glad the internet is running normal than before..

I guess this is all for now.
Ash~

Ash might be clueless and dense when it comes to romantic stuffs with other people but I could see him at least head back to Pallet Town, at least borrow a roselia/rosarade pokemon he could dragged Drew along with the others too, off to Cerulean Gym.. then surprise Misty with the whole gang following Ash to assist him actually XD.

Yeah, I could even see Ash turning to Brock in desperation for his romantic advice on how to combat the situation of Valentine's with Misty. I mean, Brock, though he never succeeds, gives out reasonable romantic advice, he knows Misty well enough in addition, and Ash is close to him. I concur that he'd made the day a group effort, definitely, Ash seems the type, but I just have to figure out what the others would do.

With Ash's personality as it is, I can see him trying to find Misty a good gift but failing.
I can also see him getting scared and chickening out at the last minute.

But maybe Brock could give him advice as Likeitornot commented. Brock did give Kenny advice about his crush on Dawn in DP180(Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port).

Gosh, I hate PE, specifically dancing! I haven't eaten lunch and it's already pass 1pm. Gosh this made me so ..ugh, Sorry for my offtopic liners. I just can't help being annoyed with the daily practice we're doing in PE..anyways..
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone!

I agree with both. Brock is [it think] mature enough to handle those simple love situation and he can advise Ash what the do's and don'ts when it comes to love. It could work since he both know Ash and Misty from all of those travels they been trough. Ash can't be that bad when it comes to love, he just simply don't understand how and what does he feels or the things he needed to do for someone. That's far of what I can see in that kind of situationXD

Be back..~Ash

Welcome, @ninfiaVI; hope you have fun. I agree on Ash being wary, it would be quite amusing and I can see it occurring.

Brock would be good at handing out romantic advice to others (just isn't amazing at using it successfully), such as in the example NinfiaVI gave, so I think he'd be a reliable option for some wise words.

Happy belated Valentine's Day! I even located some Valentine's (judging by the date) fanart:

Hey @CadanceXShiningArmor4Ever;, welcome to the thread! So you've been a Pokeshipper for an entire decade (give or take a few months)? Wow, that's incredible.

I think I'll give us a new topic, slightly uncreative, but oh well;

What do you think Misty and Ash would do on a typical sunday afternoon together?

I know the Pokemon world mightn't have the roles in a week like we do, so just consider the role of Sunday being a day of rest and put it into the Pokemon World, I suppose.

What do you think Misty and Ash would do on a typical sunday afternoon together?
I think that Misty would want to do something romantic, and she could probably convince Ash to do whatever she wanted.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I was just looking at the Ash/Misty tag on Tumblr, and the feels were killing me. :bawl: :blush: :love: :kiss: :cheers:

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I was just looking at the Ash/Misty tag on Tumblr, and the feels were killing me. :bawl: :blush: :love: :kiss: :cheers:
Tumblr can have some great content. As to the question, I think they would probably relax outside if the weather was good and just enjoy each other's company. Maybe a little flirting here and there.

What do you know, the thread is dead again. Time to liven things up. As you all know, the 16th pokemon movie has been announced and it will feature genesect and Mewtwo. And yes, this is the same mewtwo from the first movie (at least according to Bulbagarden). This movie may very well bring up points from the Kanto plot line.Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to:
Incorporate a pokeshipping hint into the plot of the 16th movie

What do you know, the thread is dead again. Time to liven things up. As you all know, the 16th pokemon movie has been announced and it will feature genesect and Mewtwo. And yes, this is the same mewtwo from the first movie (at least according to Bulbagarden). This movie may very well bring up points from the Kanto plot line.Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to:

Maybe a flashback to the previous encounters with Mewtwo and Ash remembering his adventures with Brock and Misty and him saying or thinking about Misty's well-being. It's a hard to come up with a hint in that scenario.

Argue. Make up shortly afterward. Possibly argue again.

That depends on the actual plot of the movie. For all we know, Misty could show up (doubtful). Assuming she doesn't, should Ash and Mewtwo have time for a sit-down and a bit of chit-chat, I guess he could bring up the past, mention Misty, maybe he read Ash's mind and knows how he feels or something. Or they could start arguing about something and Mewtwo could blackmail him with knowledge of his feelings for Misty to get him to shut up and focus on whatever important thing they happen to be doing.

That depends on the actual plot of the movie. For all we know, Misty could show up (doubtful). Assuming she doesn't, should Ash and Mewtwo have time for a sit-down and a bit of chit-chat, I guess he could bring up the past, mention Misty, maybe he read Ash's mind and knows how he feels or something. Or they could start arguing about something and Mewtwo could blackmail him with knowledge of his feelings for Misty to get him to shut up and focus on whatever important thing they happen to be doing.

I love the idea of Mewtwo reading Ash's mind and confirming his feelings for Misty. PS would be canon and we wouldn't even need a confession!

Back
Top Bottom