• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokeshipping General Discussion

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
Hello guys! I've been away for some weeks and I did miss some discussions hereXD

@FANG-TAN - awesome fanarts there! Thanks for sharing.
@Scyther45 - Welcome to the thread.

As for the topic.
What do you think Misty/Ash would pretend to have to do with the other in order to be alone with them for a while?
Have a one-on-one battle with each other..on some place that they can be alone ,and who ever wins will take him/her out!XD sorry for my answer, I still feel sick and my mind haven't working for a whileXD.

Here's a banner drop I made last last month,hehe

This is all for now~:)

realisation
Reaction score
Ah, that's a pretty cute answer, @⊱✿ Elghie;, time for mine, I suppose:

What do you think Misty/Ash would pretend to have to do with the other in order to be alone with them for a while?

Well, I can see Misty using the "coach" excuse (she uses it against Macy to drag him away from her, I believe) in order to just spend some time with him. As what Ash would do, I don't know. He's not exactly what I'd consider cunning, by all means.

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score

Why does this thread a little silent these days..hmm.

---

Thank you @Likeitornot! I think I have to practice using the mention tags yet thank you for the info!XD

Indeed why didn't I thought of that!? That would be one of the best answers I could imagine on Misty's side. And it seems hard to pretend of something from Ash's side. He's not that into love but he can think of pokemons most of the time, probably he can do something about it using pokemons and stuffs!XD

Here's another banner dump!:)

Reaction score
Hey there guys :3 Well, I haven't been on here in forever, and I don't think I can be on here that often anyway, but I just want to add my own addition to the thread.

Now, for the past couple of weeks, I kept thinking about the possibility of Misty coming back. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that she will, at least for an episode. I don't know why I keep thinking like this, I just am. Maybe because of the flashback cameos? Not sure. But here's my question (even though I've probably asked it a thousand times and others have too), Do you think Misty will come back? Why or why not? Does she has a reason to come back, other than the whole PokeShipping? Does the cameo lift up your hope on her coming back for a bit? How would Misty coming back affect the anime? Now, I know that was just a bunch of questions in one topic, but they all relate to the main question, which is the possibility of Misty coming back. So yeah, here's something to think about. :)

Reaction score
Idk, but I heard that the dubs influenced pokeshipping. Anyway its the only ship I 100% approve. Well this and contestshipping.

Roaming Last Word
Reaction score
There are a lot of Pokeshipping hints-very noticable ones, and Ash and Misty definitely are meant to be with each other... I can't imagine May, Dawn or Iris being with him in a shipping.

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the dub influenced SatoKasu - it was going to be there whether the dub existed or not. Though it did add its own hints, so that indicates that the dubbers were alright with the idea of Satoshi and Kasumi getting together (or, since we're talking about the dub specifically, Ash and Misty),

realisation
Reaction score
Do you think Misty will come back? Why or why not? Does she has a reason to come back, other than the whole PokeShipping? Does the cameo lift up your hope on her coming back for a bit? How would Misty coming back affect the anime? Now, I know that was just a bunch of questions in one topic, but they all relate to the main question, which is the possibility of Misty coming back. So yeah, here's something to think about. :)
Just to inform you that topics such as this one aren't acceptable here, as they are referring to Misty returning to the show, and not Pokeshipping. Please, if you will discuss Misty's return, it has to be strictly related to PokeShipping in this thread, otherwise, it is off topic. Just so everyone knows.

Good news everyone...
Reaction score
I think "influenced" is a bit of a strong word for the role the dub plays in Pokeshipping. More like "added to," or "re-nuanced" or something like that. The only dub added hints I can think of are "The Heartbreak of Brock" ("maybe we'll be married someday too") and Jirachi Wishmaker (where Ash talks about missing a friend referred to as "her" in the dub, where in the original he was taking about "friends"). There are also places where the dub removed hints, like "A Date with Delcatty" (Misty gets asked out by Georgio). Of course, things also get altered in translation, so the way the hints are worded is influenced, context changes, but for the most part, the hints are mostly in the same places, with the same general gist to them. We could also talk about stuff like Misty's Song, Under the Mistletoe, Pokemon Live!, etc. being "dub added hints," but I think of those more as Easter Eggs than as being part of the entity known as "the dub."

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just stopping by and share what I just saw..I was just roaming around the net yesterday and saw something that interest my eyes. I have no clue that there's a new opening in the BW series and upon watching it .. I just thought of making an icon..(I made a quick one)XD

One of my favorite ending themes..and I was in shock . It's nice to see Misty in the new opening (as well as Ash's old companions, oh and his rivals and friends too were also there holding hands with each and everyone). would it be nice if they were holding hands?XDjk.

Reaction score
Im new to any shipping threads, may I join?:)

I could see Misty telling Ash of a cool/rare (maybe Water-type) Pokemon near by, knowing him, he would tag along no matter what.

Im not sure about Ash lol if he did finally realize his feelings for her and want to in turn act on them, I could see him telling her he needs help with a strategy for an upcoming battle or maybe tell HER there is a cool/rare Water-type near by!:)

Last edited:
⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
^I guess I could see that happening if it's Ash. He wouldn't say it directly or tell what he really feels but he could make his moves in his way, pokemon style.

Im new to any shipping threads, may I join?:)
Oh ..sure GibleKidd, anyone's welcome. Welcome to the thread!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just stopping by and share what I just saw..I was just roaming around the net yesterday and saw something that interest my eyes. I have no clue that there's a new opening in the BW series and upon watching it .. I just thought of making an icon..(I made a quick one)XD

One of my favorite ending themes..and I was in shock . It's nice to see Misty in the new opening (as well as Ash's old companions, oh and his rivals and friends too were also there holding hands with each and everyone). would it be nice if they were holding hands?XDjk.
I'm kind of confused by what you meant in the Spoilers thingy, and since it was a Spoiler, it's only right to tell you my confusion in a Spoiler.

What new opening are you talking about? Do you mind if you sent a link to it please? :D

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score

I'm kind of confused by what you meant in the Spoilers thingy, and since it was a Spoiler, it's only right to tell you my confusion in a Spoiler.

What new opening are you talking about? Do you mind if you sent a link to it please? :D
Oh I'm terribly sorry, I meant the ending..*I'll edit my stupid post. I think I have typed the word opening instead of ending. Sorry.

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
If you guys want to talk about the new OP/ED, there's a thread in Anime to do that. Please just talk about or somehow relate it to Pokeshipping in this thread, please :)

⊱✿Creepin'
Reaction score
^Copy!

New topic, I feel like sharing this: If Jirachi is able to grant Ash and Misty a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?

realisation
Reaction score
New topic, I feel like sharing this: If Jirachi is able to grant Ash and Misty a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?
Interesting question. I can envisage Misty wishing for Ash to have the intellect as well as confidence to further in his goal, and maybe start by winning an official league. Or possibly, not to be as oblivious. :')
Ash might wish for her happiness, and for her to be respected by her older sisters more.