1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've overhauled the Bulbagarden forum rules. You should read the new set here !
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Bulbagarden is currently running a site-wide staff drive! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Discussion in 'Shippers' Paradise' started by Yoshi-san, Mar 16, 2010.

1. nikkissippi121

nikkissippi121 Team Rocket Grunt

Blog Posts:
    Hi. So, I'm not really a PokéShipper, but I'm totally undecided on who to pair Ash with, and I know PokéShipping is still one of the most popular ones out there. As a kid, though, I only really remember seeing Misty being mean to Ash - hitting him, yelling at him, etc. So, any suggestions of episodes/scenes to watch where I can get a better idea of their relationship? I'll also probably read through a few pages here, but I doubt I'll be able to get through 400+! :p

2. Olive

Olive Shaken, not Stirred

Blog Posts:
    Regarding episodes of Pokémon with particularly notable PokéShipping hints, I compiled a nifty little list for you. All together it's a little over two hours worth of episodes, but you can skip to the shippy moments in them without too much hassle. I'd recommend watching the full second movie though, as it is the ship's unofficial climax.

There are plenty of hints in the Kanto Saga, the Orange Islands Arc uses PokeShipping almost like a subplot, Movie 2 is the climax to Orange Islands, and then there is Johto, which is practically devoid of hints.

Anyhow, happy hunting.

OS007 - The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
    OS020 - The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
    OS023 - The Tower of Terror
    OS083 - Poké Ball Peril
    OS100 - Wherefore Art Though, Pokémon
    OS103 - Misty Meets Her Match
    M2 - The Power of One
    OS198 - The Heartbreak of Brock
    OS267 - Love, Pokémon Style
    OS273 - Gotta Catch Ya Later!

3. owenpeterson

owenpeterson Member

Blog Posts:
    Personally I always felt that Misty's nastiness was as a result of emotional scars brought on by a number of major factors, such as the absence of her mom and dad, the horrible treatment from Daisy, Violet, and Lily, having no friends prior to meeting Ash, etc. Let's face it. Anyone growing up having to go through all of that ISN'T going to wind up happy go lucky. Who know's where she would have wound up had it not been for Ash Ketchum? In a strange way, I'd say Ash practically SAVED Misty. This makes me all the more curious about what would happen if they decided to do a "Character Origins" series for the show. Misty's backstory would most certainly be the most fascinating.

I think that she was hiding behind the mask of a tough tomboy because she doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for her. Which I believe is why Misty HARDLY EVER cried in the show.

Who knows. Maybe further down the road, Misty might open up about her past to Ash and start breaking down in tears as a result.

But that's just my take on why Misty had the bad temper in the first place.

Champion Bayleef likes this.
  4. Dragon-hearted Espeon

Blog Posts:
    They always felt like siblings to me. They fight like siblings, play like siblings, and tease like siblings. I think you've got a really good read on her character.

5. Champion Bayleef

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been a PokeShipper before I even knew what shipping meant. And in the rules, I see you can post in old threads, otherwise I would've made a new one for my OTP.

Anyways.... If Ash and Misty would get together, which of them would confess their feelings first?

The way things look now, I think Misty will have to take the lead here. Ash is dense and probably unaware of his feelings for Misty, so Misty will have a lot of explaining to do. If Ash would finally understand and realize he has feelings for her as well, he could open up.

However, if someone else (Ash's mum, Brock) would find a way to make Ash understand, I can see him visiting Misty and confessing in a very clumsy way, literally repeating Delia's/Brock's words.

I often have this headcanon of Brock talking to Ash about love and sex when Ash is a few years older, and Ash then suddenly realizing he wants Misty to be more than a friend.

6. Chloboshoka

Chloboshoka Member

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't help that Misty's sisters were massive knobheads. What they did was practically undermine her and made her feel inferior, then drop all their responsibilities to do their own thing was really selfish on Misty, especially when she had plans of her own.

Cutiefly and Champion Bayleef like this.
  7. Cybersai

Cybersai Registered User

Blog Posts:
    Even so, Misty obvious likes being the Gym leader now. You can tell she is friendly with Daisy in the specials and Misty probably wouldn't leave the Gym even if she could again. I think the way the writers wrote Misty after she left is she's content with her Gym leader life and realizes she's grown distant from Ash and his journies. Which would kinda make sense, she hasn't seen him since the Hoenn era and that was 5 generations ago (and 15 years in real life for us).

I guess it makes sense. Misty hasn't been with Ash for 75% of his adventures now, she's missed so much of it that she's likely grown distant from him. I know we can ignore the fact that the anime doesn't have strong continuity anymore to begin with, but I like to think pokeshipping is just something to look back upon during Kanto/Orange Islands before the writers knew the anime would go on for 20 years.