1. Think you know Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow? Just feeling lucky? Check out Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition!
  2. Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition Round 2, Clue #2

Round 2
    Clue #1: HM04

Clue #2: "Hif fuff hefifoo! Ha lof ha feef ee hafahi ho. Heff hee fwee!"

For how to play Pokémon Wiz, click here. Please submit all answers in a PM to the judges: Enzap, SoaringDylan, and DarthWolf.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Discussion in 'Shippers' Paradise' started by Yoshi-san, Mar 16, 2010.

1. skizo

skizo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yesssss!!!! :D Misty and Brock come back again I so happy :D I watched 43 ep SM and when Misty want Ash's Z-Ring was cute :D I hope we get more :) The creators certainly did not do it without a reason. I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

I think that the response is still big. Misty is the first pokegirl of Ash (it started 20 years ago) so for so many years, there are pokeshipping still have many fans. (it's easy to see it on tumblr, pivix etc. becasue there Pokeshiping is still alive and it collects a lot of likes, no less than amourshipping which is much younger and fresher)

2. ii kanji

ii kanji Musashi Hayashibara

Blog Posts:

This is very interesting and not something I had previously heard of.

[​IMG]
    This is the link to Yajima's tweets btw.

What is really interesting is how vague this "message in flower language" is.
    The only things we know are that the plant in question is Gypsophila/Baby's Breath/カスミソウ (Kasumisou), that is growing in front of Hanako's house and that Satoshi & Pikachu have just returned home after a journey (which ended with Serena kissing our boy).

The meaning of the flower seems to be of an innocent/everlasting love in a romantic, platonic or familial sense (both on English & Japanese language flower language websites) OR reconnecting with lost loved ones.

Frankly, the relationship in question could be between Satoshi and his mother, Serena, Kasumi or even Pikachu, OR EVEN the relationship between the anime and its viewership! There is however no getting away from the fact that カスミ (Kasumi) is a derivation of カスミソウ (Kasumisou) or that Satoshi and Kasumi are reunited not long after this scene following a VERY long separation...

What did Yajima intend the meaning to be I don't know, but there's no way he wasn't aware of the etymological connection between the flower and Satoshi's first travelling companion.

3. Tothenines

Tothenines Registered User

Blog Posts:
    I seriously doubt the XY series, which last episode ended with Serena kissing Ash, would be referencing Misty of all characters, especially when XY had very little continuity and was the only saga not to bring back any old companions for a cameo, lol.

Anyway, Misty is getting another SM cameo which I'm sure everyone knows. I didn't really think her first appearance had much shipping besides a little playful banter, what do you expect for the second? I imagine her next appearance will be her final appearance for a long time, probably for another 10 years till the 30th anniversary. So I think her next 2 (or however long she sticks around for), eps will be it for a long time, since the Kanto and 20th anniversary promotion will be pretty much over after the SM gen ends. Similar to how her cameos originally stopped back in mid-AG in 2005 and she missed 3 gens in a row (DP, BW and XY), besides minor references.

Another thing to note, is Misty/Brock aren't in the new SM opening at all. Kinda strange, they even put Misty in DP's second opening "High Touch" when she never actually returned in any of the eps that saga.

4. ii kanji

ii kanji Musashi Hayashibara

Blog Posts:
    Scott is that you? :rolleyes:

RE the flower message, as I said it is ambiguous but probably intentionally so. How many flowers must represent love? Yajima could have picked practically anything, but he chose a flower which shares its name with Kasumi.

5. absolutelynotmeirl

absolutelynotmeirl New Member

Blog Posts:
    Happy Pokeshipping Day, everyone!

Probably just me, but of all of Ash's female companion, there's only one that made him jealous and blushing. Maybe this could changed some time, but still.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    ZDaemon09 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.