• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Welcome to the thread, Dreamy!

Speaking of Ash and Misty married, there's this cool Pokemon tower defense game on the internet. It's a tower defense game where Pokemon are your towers and they gain experience, level up, learn new moves, and evolve. It's really quite cool. It's even got a plot, which is where the "Ash and Misty married" thing comes in. It's also still in alpha, i.e. not finished yet, but the guy updates it weekly with new stages in your character's journey, and yesterday's update involved the second part of your gym battle with Misty, before which Ash walks in and is like "Honey! We need to talk!" So check it out! It's a great game, well worth your time, with a Pokeshippy twist to boot!

I've also noticed that a lot of websites, TV shows etc. seem to support Pokeshipping as the default Pokemon shipping - 'subconscious' Pokeshippers as I like to call them, as they seem to automatically support Pokeshipping without giving it much thought. I was looking on a website called Pokemopolis the other day and, while it makes every effort to denounce Rocketshipping, it seems to promote Pokeshipping to a surprising degree, often mentioning things such as "A new love interest comes into the show" and renaming Pokeshippy episodes with names that imply Pokeshipping.

What are the chances of Pokeshipping becoming canon?

I guess that really depends on how much longer the anime will run. Assuming that Unova is the last region Ash visits (I highly doubt it) then Pokeshipping probably has quite a high chance of becoming canon, as she could appear in the series' epilogue and, like other people have said, the whole 'son/daughter going on their Pokemon journey' thing could happen.

However, if Ash continues to travel the world and stay ten years old for the duration of the anime, then I think the only way Pokeshipping could maintain a strong enough following to become canon at the end is if Misty were to make quite a long cameo in Unova or wherever the next region is. This would refresh the old fans' memories of Misty and introduce her to new viewers, which would get more people to support pokeshipping, and ultimately this would set the mood for the end of the anime, in which presumably Pokeshipping would then become canon.

I've also noticed that a lot of websites, TV shows etc. seem to support Pokeshipping as the default Pokemon shipping - 'subconscious' Pokeshippers as I like to call them, as they seem to automatically support Pokeshipping without giving it much thought. I was looking on a website called Pokemopolis the other day and, while it makes every effort to denounce Rocketshipping, it seems to promote Pokeshipping to a surprising degree, often mentioning things such as "A new love interest comes into the show" and renaming Pokeshippy episodes with names that imply Pokeshipping.

You're right. People seem to accept Pokeshipping as the default pairing in Pokemon because it's so popular. Of course, I'm not complaining since I support it. LOL!

Chance of pokeshipping becoming canon: Unfortunatley, at this point it is kind of low because Misty hasn't appeared in the anime for about five years. It will stay low unless she makes another cameo appearance in the anime. If they actually place a real hint in BW, then the odds would be high. But as things stand now, pokeshipping is not likely to become canon.

Well, I personally don't think it will ever happen, mainly because the show will likely go on indefinitely until the agents involved in it go bankrupt or something, and that sort of resolution is fitting to a, well, resolution. And I doubt that as they're going bankrupt they'll have the time to care about such a thing.
But I don't think they'll be going bankrupt. There's way too much money around for them.

Well, I personally don't think it will ever happen, mainly because the show will likely go on indefinitely until the agents involved in it go bankrupt or something, and that sort of resolution is fitting to a, well, resolution. And I doubt that as they're going bankrupt they'll have the time to care about such a thing.
But I don't think they'll be going bankrupt. There's way too much money around for them.

This is also a possibility. It could very well go on indefinitely. They have this empire built up around them, so they could potentially go on for a very long time. Though they have the money to continue through a loss, I think that once the anime stops being profitable for them, they'll end it. They would have no reason to continue a venture that is no longer yielding positive returns, they are businessmen, after all. And it may not even get to that point! It could continue to be profitable for who knows how long! My opinion on that is that it will stop being useful to them at some point.

A fair number of people I know are like that. My sister, my parents, my ex-girlfriend, a few of my college buddies, maybe more too. Also, I know that website. I used to read stuff on it. It's pretty funny, I think. A lot of very grim, cynical humor. They blow a lot of things out of proportion, like to what degree Togepi sucked out Misty's personality (which it did, somewhat, just not as much as rant about), but that's how you get successful on the internet, be outrageous.

Yeah, all my friends automatically support Pokeshipping. They're all like "yeah they are so meant for each other." or something like that. They usually end up bashing other shippings too ahaha XD

I just wrote a one-shot fanfiction about when Iris discovers Misty's lure if you want to read and leave a review that'd be awesome :)
here's the link, it's called The Lure Allure, cheesy I know: The Lure Allure, a pokémon fanfic - FanFiction.Net
All my fics always end up including Pokeshipping :)

I still think Pokeshipping has a decent chance of becoming canon and the highest chance of all the ships, the next highest being the last girl Ash travels with but, that depends greatly on the girl too. I wouldn't rule out the chance of Pokeshipping becoming officially canon(I already consider it canon on Misty's part, but I'm not official). I do agree though Pokemon may go on for another eternity...T_T I hope it ends before I'm twenty...T_T

Yeah, all my friends automatically support Pokeshipping. They're all like "yeah they are so meant for each other." or something like that. They usually end up bashing other shippings too ahaha XD

I just wrote a one-shot fanfiction about when Iris discovers Misty's lure if you want to read and leave a review that'd be awesome :)
here's the link, it's called The Lure Allure, cheesy I know: The Lure Allure, a pokémon fanfic - FanFiction.Net

I still think Pokeshipping has a decent chance of becoming canon and the highest chance of all the ships, the next highest being the last girl Ash travels with but, that depends greatly on the girl too. I wouldn't rule out the chance of Pokeshipping becoming officially canon(I already consider it canon on Misty's part, but I'm not official). I do agree though Pokemon may go on for another eternity...T_T I hope it ends before I'm twenty...T_T

Great job on the fanfiction! I love what Ash says at the end because it mirrors what Misty said in the second movie. :lol:

Yeah. My friends,[some of them], my cousins and my sister used to say ''they are so good together.''.''Misty is the best for Ash''. BUt chances are, still depends on the writers on how they will end the show with Ash and Misty or not.
Yay!another fanfic. I can't wait to read it:)

Awww I really liked that fic of yours. I could imagine Iris teasing Ash like that if she found out Ash has that lure still with him.

Also, I know that website. I used to read stuff on it. It's pretty funny, I think. A lot of very grim, cynical humor. They blow a lot of things out of proportion, like to what degree Togepi sucked out Misty's personality (which it did, somewhat, just not as much as rant about), but that's how you get successful on the internet, be outrageous.

Oh i know about that website,it tends to exaggerate on many things with sme being false.Misty Togepi remark is pretty much malicious and untrue rumor.
Togepi wasnt leech or anything.Misty was still quirky and enjoyable having personality after getting him but with help of taking care of baby pokemon this served as step toward maturity with Misty becoming more calm and patient better controlling her aggressive side.
She still had that temper exploding sometimes(even now days)but difference is that this trait was toned down a bit with other sides of Misty personality were revealed more like sarcasm,kindness,her girly side and tendency to fall for romance and cute things,humor etc which used to be overshadowed by temper(especially in early Kanto).

Thanks to Togepi Misty got some nice character development with new dimensions being added to her personality.

While im here i may as well answer question.Im not really shipper or anything but i cant deny romantic affection Misty showed to have toward Ash with several hints in original series showing it.
What are the chances of Pokeshipping becoming canon?

Depends in what direction writers want to go with Ash character and on Misty status in pokemon series.
If she ever returns as main(unfortunately probably wont happen)this allows potential for possible future hints with whole shipping being revived,but well made appearance could refresh current lack of hints giving new info regarding Misty and Ash relationship too.
While im sure we will see Misty again at some point having potential to offer more with many things being left unfinished about character(like her goal of becoming best water master)lack of being showed for 5 years and still counting is really putting pressure on whole situation.

Biggest problem which stands on way of pokeshipping becoming canon i guess is fact of pokemon being kids show which isnt much about romance with such things being reduced to minimum being mainly about battling and promotion of new pokemon from games,However small reference to Ash getting girlfriend at end of pokemon seres in some epilogue is doable with some kids show i know doing such type of thing.

Personally i dont think this has chance to happen,but in end i could be wrong with everything depending on writers and what they want to do.Time skip with characters being aged to level of teenagers would slightly increase chances though.

That is VERY cute, and quite clever, but I was expecting Misty floating in the sky with long hair and angel wings. Oh well, still a great picture.

I wasn't thinking about death at all, just Misty looking beautiful. But still, I get what you mean. I still like the picture.

Oh i know about that website,it tends to exaggerate on many things with sme being false.Misty Togepi remark is pretty much malicious and untrue rumor.
Togepi wasnt leech or anything.Misty was still quirky and enjoyable having personality after getting him but with help of taking care of baby pokemon this served as step toward maturity with Misty becoming more calm and patient better controlling her aggressive side.
She still had that temper exploding sometimes(even now days)but difference is that this trait was toned down a bit with other sides of Misty personality were revealed more like sarcasm,kindness,her girly side and tendency to fall for romance and cute things,humor etc which used to be overshadowed by temper(especially in early Kanto).

I don't think they actually think that. I think that the people behind the website have inside jokes about what happens in the show, and they're just letting the internet in on it, and it caught on, so they ran with it.

Good fanart, as always, firezard.

I haven't posted here for a while, but PokeShipping is always going to mean a lot to me.

Heh, you said it, brother! It seems the norm for me now is to come here, read a bunch of posts to catch up, post for a couple days, then go away for a few months. Pokeshipping leaves my mind and I quit consciously caring about it. But then my subconscious will have me think about it, just because of nostalgia. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Anyways, at least we have something to look forward to with this whole lure business. I'll admit, I was pretty bummed when Misty didn't physically appear in DP. However, after some thought, that Misty lure and Ash's feelings for it was just as good as anything a Pokeshipper could have reasonably asked for.

Hey I'm posting! So you know what that means!

Misty in heaven by ~Mangafront on deviantART

Aw..that's so cute. I like it when Ash do it to Misty. eventhough it won't be in the anime

Back
Top Bottom