• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Who in the anime (excluding Pokemon) would Ash confess his feelings for Misty to, and what could they do to help him understand these feelings?

^Agreed. I think Ash could get an advice from her mother to tell or express his feelings for Misty. After all,mother knows best *smiles*. If not from a family, then it could be a friend,someone like Brock, since he and Brock had travelled almost together in the series [and know more about him and Misty more], Maybe he can help Ash too..

Yeah, I agree Ash would tell his mother if he was trying to explain his unknown and new feelings. Delia would probably get overly-excited and talk Ash into telling Misty about his crush and being the mama's boy that he is, Ash would probably reluctantly tell Misty.

Also, anybody ever see this, anyone else think it might've been a link to Pokeshipping? It was supposed to be the series finale...?

[video=youtube;Wg0by7tpwf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0by7tpwf4[/video]

Last edited:
oh yea definitely seen that. But that's good to know we can embed videos here now haha

Who in the anime (excluding Pokemon) would Ash confess his feelings for Misty to, and what could they do to help him understand these feelings?

Either his Brock or his mom. I guess they could just straight up tell him that it's romantic attraction that he feels, or they could do it Socratically, ask him questions about how he feels about her, letting his own answers lead him to finally put two and two together.

I've seen that video as well. I don't think anybody really knows what it means, besides the people who made it... The series was originally only supposed to last one season, but it was such a huge success, that they decided to continue. I believe that the first movie was meant to serve as a finale to the anime, so I suppose that this video shows that time skip that at least I've been hoping for. Whether it was meant to show Ash and Misty together, is a mystery, but the video seems to suggest that Ash and Misty have some sort of connection, assuming that Pikachu is Ash's, which it probably is. I have no idea who that other woman is supposed to be. They reused the character model for the ferry lady in the actual movie, though. I lean toward thinking that the pink haired girl is Ash and Misty's daughter (anime scoffs at genetics).

There are several good choices in my opinion. The best characters for this could probably be (like everyone else have said) either Delia or Brock. Delia knows her son best and perhaps she has some good advices for Ash. And Brock, yeah... He and Ash have traveled together so long that Ash can totally trust him in this kind of situations. Brock surely has some very good and handful tips in his sleeves which may be helpful for Ash to tell Misty about his feelings.
I think another good one would be Cilan, as he also knows things about love stuff.

I agree with those before who have said Brock and Mrs. Ketchum... I think Ash would tell Brock first, since Ash has seen Brock and all his crushes and loves over the years. Brock would probably say something about how falling in love is a very serious matter and after that would maybe open up about what really happened with Professor Ivy (that name...). After his conversation with Brock, he'd probably call his mom and talk to her about it, and she would be very supportive with bits of, "Awww my little Ash is growing up!" thrown in, like Delia has been known to do :)

Here's something interesting I found. While looking on the Pokeshipping page on Bulbapedia the other day, I noticed that it said "the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings". I was then trying to find some confirmation of this fact, because this statement doesn't rule out the possibility of Pokeshipping happening when the characters are older (i.e. the 'epilogue' we're all hoping for).

This leads me on to think that they may actually have intended Pokeshipping to happen in the 'first idea' for the First Movie (the trailer that PokemonLotty posted above).
And if they intended it back then (when they had Takeshi Shudo, bear in mind), then it stands to reason that even now, 13 or 14 years down the line, they still might not have completely ruled it out.

Just something to think about there. Most of that is my opinion though, so I'd like to hear other people's views on it.

Last edited:
Here's something interesting I found. While looking on the Pokeshipping page on Bulbapedia the other day, I noticed that it said "the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings".

I don't know who put that up there, but no writer ever said that.

I don't think any Japanese writers said that but, didn't an American staff member say something like that in a commentary?

Here's something interesting I found. While looking on the Pokeshipping page on Bulbapedia the other day, I noticed that it said "the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings". I was then trying to find some confirmation of this fact, because this statement doesn't rule out the possibility of Pokeshipping happening when the characters are older (i.e. the 'epilogue' we're all hoping for).

This leads me on to think that they may actually have intended Pokeshipping to happen in the 'first idea' for the First Movie (the trailer that PokemonLotty posted above).
And if they intended it back then (when they had Takeshi Shudo, bear in mind), then it stands to reason that even now, 13 or 14 years down the line, they still might not have completely ruled it out.

Just something to think about there. Most of that is my opinion though, so I'd like to hear other people's views on it.

I've seen that. I don't know where it's from, or even if it's from anything. I've never seen anything along those lines. Maybe there's some obscure interview out there with some random writer where that was said. Or somebody made it up. Who knows?

I don't think any Japanese writers said that but, didn't an American staff member say something like that in a commentary?

Yes, they did. In the director's commentary in the first movie, Norman Grossfeld was explaining how difficult it was to write Misty's line right after Ash died (which ended up being "please, no") and cited one of the factors that helped them decide the line was that "Ash has a crush on Misty and vice versa" (the point of talking about that line was that one of their alternates was to have Misty say "My bike!" That would have been pretty funny). A lot of people would discredit this simply because it was the dub's producer/writer who said it; I would say that it does at least raise the probability of it being true in the original. Take it how you will.

I've seen that. I don't know where it's from, or even if it's from anything. I've never seen anything along those lines. Maybe there's some obscure interview out there with some random writer where that was said. Or somebody made it up. Who knows?

Yes, they did. In the director's commentary in the first movie, Norman Grossfeld was explaining how difficult it was to write Misty's line right after Ash died (which ended up being "please, no") and cited one of the factors that helped them decide the line was that "Ash has a crush on Misty and vice versa" (the point of talking about that line was that one of their alternates was to have Misty say "My bike!" That would have been pretty funny). A lot of people would discredit this simply because it was the dub's producer/writer who said it; I would say that it does at least raise the probability of it being true in the original. Take it how you will.

Yes but now the only problem is that it was said so long ago, even if they did intend to have Ash and Misty in the future that thought might have changed, from what has been seen in all the new seasons, new girls, new ideas. Not to mention there hasn't been any appearance of her in so long, and from what I see there wont be in a good while. That's a thought that makes me uneasy with it all. I hope the producers still want them in the end. Maybe Misty has not been present because they are building it all up for a "last" season or an epilogue, fingers crossed!

We're just going to have to wait and if the writers did intend to have Ash and Misty end up together, let's hope they stick to their original plan! :)

I really hope the writers still intend for Ash and Misty to be together, but as PokemonLotty said, we'll just have to wait and see *sigh*. I wonder how far away Unova is from Kanto and if Misty would ever be able to get enough time off from the gym to stop by for a visit, or a possible extended stay...?

I wonder how far away Unova is from Kanto and if Misty would ever be able to get enough time off from the gym to stop by for a visit, or a possible extended stay...?

Unfortunately I think I read somewhere that Unova is the furthest away region that Ash has visited so far (this would explain why he had to go there on a plane), so I doubt it would be very practical for Misty to go all the way there only to appear in two or three episodes. There have been opportunities in Best Wishes where Misty could have appeared or been mentioned (BW26, for instance) but they've all been passed by without a second thought. I guess all we can do now is make sure people don't forget about Pokeshipping by keeping this thread active.

What I'm sad about it that when Ash went home to Pallet they didn't even pause to let Misty show up! I mean, we know she creeps around his house waiting for him (haha, I know she has the gym but STILL) so if he'd just stuck around for a few days he could have seen Misty again!

Unfortunately I think I read somewhere that Unova is the furthest away region that Ash has visited so far (this would explain why he had to go there on a plane)
Unova really is far away from Kanto and other regions. The map of Unova is taken from some part of US map and the other regions are straight from the map of Japan. So in theory Ash is in America right now xD lol

What I'm sad about it that when Ash went home to Pallet they didn't even pause to let Misty show up! I mean, we know she creeps around his house waiting for him (haha, I know she has the gym but STILL) so if he'd just stuck around for a few days he could have seen Misty again!

They never showed what happened in between the time when Ash came home from Sinnoh and then went to Unova....for all we know he could've hooked up with Misty and went on a journey through the second dimension to seek vengeance upon his father Chuck Norris for abandoning in him and his mother.....or y'know....he might've visited Cerulean...or something xD He probably did visit with his Pokemon off screen, heck he even said he was going to, he probably hung out with Tracey, Brock, Delia and Misty at Oak's or something he did say he was going to visit with his Pokemon and friends at home and later he mentioned taking a break with his mom while he was talking with Johanna, Brock and Dawn in Memories Are Made of Bliss. So who knows what goes on off screen, we probably never will, but we can speculate, I seriously bet he talked to Misty and the others.

♥POKESHIPPING WILL PREVAIL ♥ ahahaha xD

HEY LOOK IM POSTING! You know what that means, theres a new pic I like! Wedding themed today:

http://fav.me/d3liirs

Not sure if many brides would let their grooms rock a tux that casually haha

Not one of my favorites but it's still nice. And no, most brides wouldn't let the groom wear a tux that casually.

Back
Top Bottom