• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Yes but now the only problem is that it was said so long ago, even if they did intend to have Ash and Misty in the future that thought might have changed, from what has been seen in all the new seasons, new girls, new ideas. Not to mention there hasn't been any appearance of her in so long, and from what I see there wont be in a good while. That's a thought that makes me uneasy with it all. I hope the producers still want them in the end. Maybe Misty has not been present because they are building it all up for a "last" season or an epilogue, fingers crossed!

It was said long ago, but I do think that if the original intent of the Japanese writers was to have them have crushes on each other, then the current writers would stay true to it.

They never showed what happened in between the time when Ash came home from Sinnoh and then went to Unova....for all we know he could've hooked up with Misty and went on a journey through the second dimension to seek vengeance upon his father Chuck Norris for abandoning in him and his mother.....or y'know....he might've visited Cerulean...or something xD He probably did visit with his Pokemon off screen, heck he even said he was going to, he probably hung out with Tracey, Brock, Delia and Misty at Oak's or something he did say he was going to visit with his Pokemon and friends at home and later he mentioned taking a break with his mom while he was talking with Johanna, Brock and Dawn in Memories Are Made of Bliss. So who knows what goes on off screen, we probably never will, but we can speculate, I seriously bet he talked to Misty and the others.

♥POKESHIPPING WILL PREVAIL ♥ ahahaha xD

My guess as to why Misty didn't show up is that either they couldn't get her voice actor for that particular time, or they just didn't want to have Ash in Pallet Town for more than an episode. They probably wanted Ash to go off to the new region as quickly as possible, to start the marketing for the new games, so they didn't have time for him to visit Misty and Tracey and his Pokemon and Professor Oak and his mom, etc. so they just keep him there for one episode, minimizing all the visits and ship him off to Unova. Since they showed so little of his stint in Pallet, I think that there's plenty that a viewer can fill in that he did off-screen, so the whole journey with Misty to find Ash's dad, Chuck Norris is just as valid an idea as any.

Nice art, firezard, as always. I also don't think a bride would allow that, but I think Misty could make an exception for a tux rocked that hard. :p

Nice art, firezard, as always. I also don't think a bride would allow that, but I think Misty could make an exception for a tux rocked that hard. :p

haha exactly. lets be honest. Ash ain't gonna dress that nice and she knows it. So she'll take what she can get haha. Plus he looks pretty damn good like that haha.

Unova really is far away from Kanto and other regions. The map of Unova is taken from some part of US map and the other regions are straight from the map of Japan. So in theory Ash is in America right now xD lol

Oh yes, I remember reading that too; it says right here on Unova - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. That makes total sense.

Chuck Norris is Ash's father, hmmm? Well that explains a LOT... ;-)

Here's another new topic! (Couldn't have predicted that, eh?)

I imagine we'd all agree in saying that the Orange Archipelago season was the epicentre of Pokeshipping in the Original Series, and I noticed that because people know this, they tend to forget about the other seasons slightly in terms of Pokeshipping hints. This, therefore, begs the question:

Excluding the Orange Islands season, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original series?

Here's another new topic! (Couldn't have predicted that, eh?)

I imagine we'd all agree in saying that the Orange Archipelago season was the epicentre of Pokeshipping in the Original Series, and I noticed that because people know this, they tend to forget about the other seasons slightly in terms of Pokeshipping hints. This, therefore, begs the question:

Excluding the Orange Islands season, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original series?

The one that immediately comes to mind is where Misty shoots down Macy's request for lunch with Ash out of jealousy.

- When Ash gets hit by a bomb in the Squirtle squad episode and Misty screams his name.
- Shippy parts from Tower of terror, you know what i mean.

It's been some days since I post here..

hmm..episodes in Master Quest [the emotional Gotta Catch Ya later]and some episodes in the first season specially their first meeting.

"Tower of terror", where ghost Ash lifts Misty up and in "Here comes the Squirtle squad" when Ash comes back from buying some potion for Pikachu and worriedly screams out Misty's name because he thought the Squirtle gang executed her [NOTE: in Japanese version]

Of course Tower of Terror. and pretty much almost every episode had something hinty about them.

Definitely either Ghost of Maiden's Peak, just because it makes it so blaringly obvious, or the end bit of Tower of Terror. I don't know why I like Tower of Terror so much, it's not that big of a hint, but it strikes a chord with me. It seems I'm not alone as quite a few people seem to like it as well.

^Truly Towwer of Terror and Ghost of Maiden's Peak is a pokeshipping signature hint.

Oh yeah, I made a banner!

iwillprotectyouinUnova.jpg

^Truly Towwer of Terror and Ghost of Maiden's Peak is a pokeshipping signature hint.

Oh yeah, I made a banner!

iwillprotectyouinUnova.jpg

I think I'd have to say Ghost of Maiden's Peak and Tower of Terror too; for me, they're by far the most memorable (apart from the brilliant hints in the Orange Islands season obviously).

Oh and that banner is great! It would be good if something like that happened in the anime.

^Thanks guys for liking.

It would be good if something like that happened in the anime.

Yeah. That's the same thing when I watched BW 40, [where I get the Ash pic for the banner]. I hope Misty was in the place of the girl where Ash will have to save her, [I'm not so sure but it's something near to that thought]

In addition to the aforementioned episodes, I would like to add that episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock are all lost in a forest filled with dense fog. Brock suggests that everyone should hold hands to stick together, but while Ash and Misty grasp hands, Brock flails around for a few seconds before accidentally grabbing Pikachu's tail. LOVE that scene :) can't remember the exact episode... I think it was one of the earlier episodes where the gang is trying to get from Cerulean to Vermillion?

Edit: Oops... that's "Tower of Terror" I'm referring to... *facepalm*

I will attempt to redeem myself by mentioning that I also like the "School of Hard Knocks" episode where Misty gets really jealous of Gizelle and how Ash (and Brock, to a lesser extent) behave around her. Then, at the end, when Jimmy tells Gizelle how he appreciates their friendship, Ash comments on how he wished that's how his and Misty's friendship was! Love it.

Last edited:
In addition to the aforementioned episodes, I would like to add that episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock are all lost in a forest filled with dense fog. Brock suggests that everyone should hold hands to stick together, but while Ash and Misty grasp hands, Brock flails around for a few seconds before accidentally grabbing Pikachu's tail. LOVE that scene :) can't remember the exact episode... I think it was one of the earlier episodes where the gang is trying to get from Cerulean to Vermillion?

That was Tower of Terror if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah that was Tower of Terror ^^

I uploaded here some screenshots of the Japanese version of "Here comes the Squirtle Squad", of which I talked about on my earlier post. I really love it because of how concerned Ash is about Misty and I guess they, who haven't watched original Pokémon should see these too because, well... these scenes are rather different in the English version

hcsg2.jpg

hcsg4.jpg

hcsg5.jpg

hcsg6.jpg

hcsg7.jpg

hcsg8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom