• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

"Why did you execute Kasumi?" XDDDD Sorry, something about that line is just hilarious to me for some reason. *wipes tear*

But that was a cute scene. Ash showing his concern for Misty is always sweet. I wish they'd kept that scene in the dub.

Hey so i've been stuck on page 349 for a while now. For some reason I can't advance past that page in this thread only. Not sure why. But it looks like if I go through the advance post reply option I can get here again!!!! HOOOORAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Anyways its good to be back.... new pic!

Look at me now by *xIvychaNx on deviantART

sorta warning....Misty is a little....chilly if ya catch my drift haha

Still a nice pic though. Hope everyone has been having good discussions...i'm afraid to look back and get stuck again haha

Aw..I love those screenies.. Ash showing his concern for Misty is just..so..cute..^^*It is sorta different when I watch that episode in other dub version*

"Why did you execute Kasumi?" XDDDD Sorry, something about that line is just hilarious to me for some reason. *wipes tear*

Yep, a prime example of Ash's cluelessness, haha.

I will attempt to redeem myself by mentioning that I also like the "School of Hard Knocks" episode where Misty gets really jealous of Gizelle and how Ash (and Brock, to a lesser extent) behave around her. Then, at the end, when Jimmy tells Gizelle how he appreciates their friendship, Ash comments on how he wished that's how his and Misty's friendship was! Love it.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. I love that bit at the end too - when Ash quietly asks, "Why can't you and I be like that, Misty?" Maybe not enough to make me 'squeal from shippyness' (which, being a boy, is hard to do anway) but still quite significant on the Pokeshipping front.

You know, I never thought much of that quote from TSOHK, but it is significant since it means Ash wants his relationship with Misty to be friendly and amicable.

Yep, a prime example of Ash's cluelessness, haha.
Haha, well that dialogue continues with Ash saying that he came back as he promised so why did they do that to Misty

Brock in "Great Bowls of Fire!" After seeing Charizard with Charla said:
So, am I the only one who hasn't found true love?

I do follow this shipping, but I think people are a little too obsessive over it, don't-cha know?

I do follow this shipping, but I think people are a little too obsessive over it, don't-cha know?

I suppose you could say some people take it too seriously, but at least we can credit them for dedication. It's when the all-out shipping wars start that you know they're taking it too far.

So, am I the only one who hasn't found true love?

Did he really say that? If so, maybe Brock is a pokeshipper after all. His miniscule eyes have finally started to see!

Did he really say that? If so, maybe Brock is a pokeshipper after all. His miniscule eyes have finally started to see!

I always assumed that Brock was a Pokeshipper. Despite his own horrible luck with girls, he just seems like a very perceptive person, someone who would be able to pick up on those subtle clues between Ash and Misty.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. I love that bit at the end too - when Ash quietly asks, "Why can't you and I be like that, Misty?" Maybe not enough to make me 'squeal from shippyness' (which, being a boy, is hard to do anway) but still quite significant on the Pokeshipping front.

Hearing any guy squeal for any reason would be quite amazing, to be sure! :) anyway, I always thought Brock was a Pokeshipper, too... good to know it's not just me! He seems like a guy who will forever want what he can't get, whereas Ash seems more like a guy who doesn't know what he wants and can't see what's right in front of him (although I suppose Brock can't really see, either...? ;-)).

There will always be those people, with anything really. Shippings, TV shows in general, music, cats, trains, you name it, there are people who are obsessed with it. But, yes, shippings are notably guilty of this, especially Pokeshipping. As long as it doesn't consume their lives/careers/relationships, then I think they're fine.

As for the Brock quote, if the Japanese version had a similar line, then I think we've found a hidden gem of a hint. Even without agreement with the Japanese version, I think it's a good hint. I suppose it doesn't specifically mention Pokeshipping, but it does imply that both Ash and Misty have found "true love," and I find it most likely that it's with each other, as opposed to with other people.

I always assumed that Brock was a Pokeshipper. Despite his own horrible luck with girls, he just seems like a very perceptive person, someone who would be able to pick up on those subtle clues between Ash and Misty.

Reason would lead me to believe that he should be a Pokeshipper, but going by the anime, he doesn't seem to pay much attention to Ash and Misty's 'situation'. Tracey was really the only main travelling companion to notice the spark between Ash and Misty (or at least mention it). It's strange, actually, because you would have thought that Brock would pick up on it rather than Tracey, having travelled with them for much longer. Oh well...

Here's something interesting I found. I've noticed that some of the anime episodes seem to hint at Pokeshipping in their titles, for instance, "The Perfect Match" (the episode where Ash and Misty battle each other in the Whirl Cup). On one hand, it could just be a reference to the battle, but on the other hand, it could imply that Ash and Misty are the 'perfect match' for each other in a romantic sense; this would fit as well, seeing as the episode is focused on them.
Of course, that's just my opinion. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, or alternatively, there might be more examples of the 'Pokeshippy episode titles' that I've missed...

Here's something interesting I found. I've noticed that some of the anime episodes seem to hint at Pokeshipping in their titles, for instance, "The Perfect Match" (the episode where Ash and Misty battle each other in the Whirl Cup). On one hand, it could just be a reference to the battle, but on the other hand, it could imply that Ash and Misty are the 'perfect match' for each other in a romantic sense; this would fit as well, seeing as the episode is focused on them.
Of course, that's just my opinion. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, or alternatively, there might be more examples of the 'Pokeshippy episode titles' that I've missed...

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a double meaning in the title.

That's pretty interesting thought and may be true. Though that's only a title 4Kids created so I don't consider that as a strong hinting for Pokeshipping.

That's pretty interesting thought and may be true. Though that's only a title 4Kids created so I don't consider that as a strong hinting for Pokeshipping.

Well 4Kids did push Pokeshipping a lot more than the original Japanese version. According to Bulbapedia, the literal translation of the Japanese title is "Satoshi vs. Kasumi! The Final Battle in the Whirlpool Cup!!" which obviously isn't shippy at all. It might just have been one of those more subtle hints that 4Kids tried to cram into the original series....or I might just have misinterpreted it, haha :-D

Well 4Kids did push Pokeshipping a lot more than the original Japanese version. According to Bulbapedia, the literal translation of the Japanese title is "Satoshi vs. Kasumi! The Final Battle in the Whirlpool Cup!!" which obviously isn't shippy at all. It might just have been one of those more subtle hints that 4Kids tried to cram into the original series....or I might just have misinterpreted it, haha :-D

Keep in mind that the Japanese episode titles are always literal explanations of what happens in the episode, so they don't really have the license to make a Pokeshippy title unless that's the main focus of the episode (and that'll probably never happen, even if/when it finally becomes canon). The dub episode titles are always little plays on words, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that title were meant to have the double meaning of pokemon battle/couple. In fact, it seems pretty likely, the more I think about it. Good catch on that one.

It's good to be back on the pokeshipping thread. I've been looking around for some good fics, but I've already read most of them. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Misty has already realized her feelings. Ash is the only hold-up. :eek:hdear:
Ash has also already realised Misty's feelings for him which is why he is waiting for her to confess with a type of reverse psycology (his dense act) :by pretending her hints do not exist he hopes to annoy her into a confession

Ash has also already realised Misty's feelings for him which is why he is waiting for her to confess with a type of reverse psycology (his dense act) :by pretending her hints do not exist he hopes to annoy her into a confession

Here are the problems with your theory.

1. If Ash already knew, and he didn't feel the same, why would he want Misty to tell him? I would think he'd want her to keep her feelings inside so he wouldn't have to reject them.

2. If Ash already knew, and he DID feel the same, why would he wait for her to confess when it would be easier for him to make the first move? Why put Misty through the agony of wondering if Ash returned her feelings, just to 'annoy' her into confessing, when he KNOWS he feels the same way too?

It doesn't make sense either way.

if what you say is true
Absolutely. He likes her alright (probably loves her), and I'm sure he realizes that at this point, but he doesn't quite realize Misty's feelings for him. I can't wait to see his reaction when he finally DOES realize it (hopefully, via a confession by Misty)!

he may pick up on the hints but the only way he's going to believe it is if she tells him herself

LOL, That made my day. In that weird Pokemon language he's saying "Because you love Misty".

ka is picachu speak for love?

Here are the problems with your theory.

1. If Ash already knew, and he didn't feel the same, why would he want Misty to tell him? I would think he'd want her to keep her feelings inside so he wouldn't have to reject them.

2. If Ash already knew, and he DID feel the same, why would he wait for her to confess when it would be easier for him to make the first move? Why put Misty through the agony of wondering if Ash returned her feelings, just to 'annoy' her into confessing, when he KNOWS he feels the same way too?

It doesn't make sense either way.

meh does to me :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom