• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

if what you say is true, he may pick up on the hints but the only way he's going to believe it is if she tells him herself

I said he realizes HIS feelings for her, but doesn't realize HER feelings for him. You said he did and wanted to annoy her into a confession. That doesn't make sense because if he's observant enough to know that she loves him and he knows he feels the same, why would he need a confession from her before he believes those feelings are genuine if he has the SAME feelings? Do you see what I'm saying?

I said he realizes HIS feelings for her, but doesn't realize HER feelings for him. You said he did and wanted to annoy her into a confession. That doesn't make sense because if he's observant enough to know that she loves him and he knows he feels the same, why would he need a confession from her before he believes those feelings are genuine if he has the SAME feelings? Do you see what I'm saying?

I think watsisface is saying that Ash may think that Misty likes him, but he isn't sure enough or self-confident enough to put himself out there, so his tactic is to get her to say it. I personally think it's a stretch to say that, but then again, some would say that Pokeshipping itself is a stretch. We're all entitled to an opinion, and though we may disagree on the details, we here can all agree on Pokeshipping.

It's good to be back on the pokeshipping thread. I've been looking around for some good fics, but I've already read most of them. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Anyone who has a link to a story or a FF.net profile in their signature, I could recommend, if you haven't already read them. Other than that, I'd suggest you look in the communities on FF.net for something you haven't read. Welcome back, and good hunting for some good fics!

I think watsisface is saying that Ash may think that Misty likes him, but he isn't sure enough or self-confident enough to put himself out there, so his tactic is to get her to say it. I personally think it's a stretch to say that, but then again, some would say that Pokeshipping itself is a stretch. We're all entitled to an opinion, and though we may disagree on the details, we here can all agree on Pokeshipping.

Well, there's a difference between suspecting and knowing but I'll let the issue drop for now. You're right, as long as we all love Pokeshipping, then everything is alright.

Thanks Sardonicus, I'll do that ^_^ I'm sure I'll find one. Anyway, just to throw my two cents in, I think that Ash is just a dumb confused kid who doesn't realize his true feelings for Misty.

Ash has also already realised Misty's feelings for him which is why he is waiting for her to confess with a type of reverse psycology (his dense act) :by pretending her hints do not exist he hopes to annoy her into a confession

Well I think we all know how non-observant Ash is, and it wouldn't be surprising if he didn't have a clue about the whole situation (Misty's feelings for him and vice versa). However if he did, I doubt he'd really spend the time devising some 'reverse psychology' plot when, in the past, he's always dove in head-first to every situation without thinking of the consequences. Anyway, as AvidPSFan said, if he DID know Misty had feelings for him, and he had feelings for her, then I imagine he'd want to make the first move (partly due to his impulsiveness and partly because he wouldn't want to see Misty suffer, or 'annoy' her into confessing as you put it).

However, if it's what you think, then don't let me or anyone else get in the way of it. I guess Pokeshipping is pretty open-ended at the moment due to its 'hint deficiency', after all, and until it becomes canon, there's no right or wrong about it.

@ everybody who does not understand my theory I think (may rush into things) like Ash but I can still plan out scenarios like I have previously mentioned and hope they fall through [although I always spoil them :( ]
P.S. what's the topic?

Allow me!

Misty is rejected after confessing her love to Ash (presumably he doesn't understand his feelings yet). Who would she turn to for consolation?

Allow me!

Misty is rejected after confessing her love to Ash (presumably he doesn't understand his feelings yet). Who would she turn to for consolation?

My first guess would be Brock. Maybe Tracey. Delia would be too awkward and her sisters...well, possibly Daisy.

Depends where it happens. If Ash visited Cerulean, she would probably talk to Daisy. It seemed from the Pokemon Chronicles episodes that Misty got along with Daisy much better than with her other sisters. She seems to be the most reasonable and amicable of the three. If Misty were visiting Ash in Pallet Town, she might talk to Tracey, or even Delia. If she were visiting him in (insert region here), she might just be forced to talk to Pikachu (assuming Brock never returns). Or she could call Brock in any of these situations. The Pikachu situation might make a good fic...

My first guess would be Brock. Maybe Tracey. Delia would be too awkward and her sisters...well, possibly Daisy.

I don't think Misty would find talking to Delia awkward, even if it is about Ash. If anything, Delia would be the best person she could turn to, considering that she is the person who knows Ash best, and therefore would probably be more understanding. Though there isn't any overt proof in the anime, I'm presuming that Delia is also a Pokeshipper, so she'll have seen how Ash and Misty act around each other, and therefore could convince Misty that Ash DOES have feelings for her, but just doesn't realise it yet.

I don't think Misty would find talking to Delia awkward, even if it is about Ash. If anything, Delia would be the best person she could turn to, considering that she is the person who knows Ash best, and therefore would probably be more understanding. Though there isn't any overt proof in the anime, I'm presuming that Delia is also a Pokeshipper, so she'll have seen how Ash and Misty act around each other, and therefore could convince Misty that Ash DOES have feelings for her, but just doesn't realise it yet.

I guess you're right. Maybe I was projecting how I would feel in that situation.

I'm assuming this has already been discussed at some point in this thread, but I was curious to know what anyone here thought of hints added in by 4Kids or other dubbing companies. I've come across people before who are only content with the 'pure' hints in the original Japanese version, such as the Tower of Terror, Pokeball Peril etc. and have nothing but sheer hatred towards 4Kids for 'changing their favourite show', but alternatively, I've also come across other people who have never watched an original Japanese episode, so are not aware of hints such as A Date With Delcatty, but have seen hints such as the altered "Misty's Goodbye" scene in GCYL.

Personally, I don't mind it when 4Kids edits things in favour of Pokeshipping - if it weren't for some of their alterations, I probably wouldn't even be a Pokeshipper. What does anyone else think about it?

I think it was kind of pointless for 4Kids to add in the few hints they did (lots of people seem to think they added way more hints then they actually did), since in the original Japanese there were already enough hints. Plus it gives the anti-Pokeshippers reasons to claim that Pokeshipping was a dub creation, which it wasn't. I could live without the dubbed hints, since they didn't hold the same meaning as the original hints plus Misty's Song makes me cry tears of horror. But oh well, at least we know they liked the ship.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this has already been discussed at some point in this thread, but I was curious to know what anyone here thought of hints added in by 4Kids or other dubbing companies. I've come across people before who are only content with the 'pure' hints in the original Japanese version, such as the Tower of Terror, Pokeball Peril etc. and have nothing but sheer hatred towards 4Kids for 'changing their favourite show', but alternatively, I've also come across other people who have never watched an original Japanese episode, so are not aware of hints such as A Date With Delcatty, but have seen hints such as the altered "Misty's Goodbye" scene in GCYL.

Personally, I don't mind it when 4Kids edits things in favour of Pokeshipping - if it weren't for some of their alterations, I probably wouldn't even be a Pokeshipper. What does anyone else think about it?

I'll admit, it sometimes irks me that there are hints that are added by the dub because it gives Pokeshipping's detractors ammunition to say that the ship isn't legitimate. On the other hand, most of the best hints for the ship come from the dub so I see them as just as good as hints in the original. Like you, if it wasn't for 4Kids, I probably wouldn't be a Pokeshipper.

I'll admit, it sometimes irks me that there are hints that are added by the dub because it gives Pokeshipping's detractors ammunition to say that the ship isn't legitimate. On the other hand, most of the best hints for the ship come from the dub so I see them as just as good as hints in the original. Like you, if it wasn't for 4Kids, I probably wouldn't be a Pokeshipper.

Pokemon 2000, in particular, is the example that immediately comes to my head. I've watched parts of it in Japanese, and I found that most, if not all of the Pokeshipping was just altered dialogue by 4Kids. I became a 'subconscious' Pokeshipper after watching Pokemon 2000 a couple of hundred times when I was younger, so for me, 4Kids really did help in promoting Pokeshipping.

Well, it doesn't really matter to me if some hints are added later in the 4kids dub, i like more those kind of hints which can been spotted from the animation itself.

Like in Pokemon 2000 you can watch that scene where Melody gives Ash a kiss on mute and you can see still see from Misty's facial expressions, behaviour etc. that shes jealous.

I really don't care about those changes what 4Kids made. Ok, I admit some of them are indeed very cure but meh. I don't understand why did they change the dialogues so radically. I don't even like some of them, like Mistys 'getting married' thing in Heartbreak of Brock, which I don't even consider as a strong hint and Mistys so called goodbye song which is totally horrible and I don't want to hear it ever again and because of that (and the backgroundmusic changes what 4Kids made) I don't even want to watch GCYL in other languages than Japanese.

As for me, I can't say whether 4Kids helped me becoming a Pokeshipper. Second season wasn't ever shown here and I watched the whole season years after I became Pokeshipper. I don't know what to say but I think those hints would have been as cute if 4Kids didn't change the dialogues. Also at some occasions I like the original ones more than the ones 4Kids changed

Back
Top Bottom