• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Allow me!

Misty is rejected after confessing her love to Ash (presumably he doesn't understand his feelings yet). Who would she turn to for consolation?

I agree with Sardonicus. I think she'd turn to Daisy. After all, she's her sister who really cares about her. However, I do like the idea of her going to Delia. And I would find it hilarious if she talked to Pikachu.

Hi everyone!It's been a long time since I last post here..

It's been a while, but MiyaToriaka finally has a new Pokeshipping picture!

AaMl: Sunsets mean Goodbye by =MiyaToriaka on deviantART

How I wish that scene could have happened instead of Gotta Catch Ya Later (apart from the fact that he's in his BW outfit and he already has the lure and the handkerchief, hehe...)

I was about to ask if ever Miya made a new fanart.. That fanart is so awesome!As expected, Miya did it great!Yeah, I hope that happened in the anime..[or at least Misty returns and rejoin Ash and companions]

Does anyone here read any of the mangas? I've never read any, so I don't really know much about them. I was just wondering if there were any Pokeshipping (or MangaPokeshipping) hints that particularly stand out, because from what I've read on Bulbapedia, mangas tend to be a bit more direct with things like shipping.

I know about the scene in the Electric Tale of Pikachu with Rudy, but apart from that, are there any notable Pokeshipping hints in the mangas?

Does anyone here read any of the mangas? I've never read any, so I don't really know much about them. I was just wondering if there were any Pokeshipping (or MangaPokeshipping) hints that particularly stand out, because from what I've read on Bulbapedia, mangas tend to be a bit more direct with things like shipping.

I know about the scene in the Electric Tale of Pikachu with Rudy, but apart from that, are there any notable Pokeshipping hints in the mangas?

I've read (and read) Adventures/Special mangas a lot and some chapters of the Electric Tale of Pikachu. Though I can't remember any notable hints of Pokeshipping (and MangaPokeshipping doesn't count because it ISN'T the same as Pokeshipping!!) as I've only read some first chapters on the internet of the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga.

I've read (and read) Adventures/Special mangas a lot and some chapters of the Electric Tale of Pikachu. Though I can't remember any notable hints of Pokeshipping (and MangaPokeshipping doesn't count because it ISN'T the same as Pokeshipping!!) as I've only read some first chapters on the internet of the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga.

I think MangaPokeshipping should count, even though it's not directly Pokeshipping. Ash and Red are practically the same character, even if there're slight variations between 'versions' of Ash/Red in the anime and manga. If I'm not mistaken, he's even called Ash in certain mangas, so for that reason alone, I don't think the entire 'repertoire' of MangaPokeshipping should be negated when discussing Pokeshipping. Just my opinion though...

Ash is Ash for instance in Magical Pokémon Journey and Electric Tale of Pikachu mangas [and perhaps in some others but I can't remember]. I remember for what I've read that Ash has drooled over Misty and showed some attraction towards her couple of times in Electric Tale of Pikachu [but he had a crush on Garys older sister]

I remember there being a fair number in Electric Tale of Pikachu. Not too many, but it wasn't all that long of a series. I can't really remember any specifically. I didn't read any of the others though, so I can't say.

I'm not sure we should "count" mangapokeshipping hints in the same way we do pokeshipping hints, but I do agree that we can't ignore them. Red and Ash, though they aren't the same, are two very highly associated characters. So it makes sense that there would be some association between the two ships.

I don't count mangapokeshipping, mainly because it doesn't fall under the canon of the anime. It's its own separate shipping. As for the 4kids thing, I hate how they added stuff because it's the opposing ships favorite excuse to attack Pokeshipping with. There honestly weren't even that many, it's highly overrated how many there were. Those songs, the Jirachi wishmaker line that Ash said, and the one where Misty "hints" at marriage(which I don't even count as a dub hint because she meant that they'd be married someday not specifically to each other, Ash just took it that way) and those are the only ones that come to my mind, there may be a few more. But, yeah...4kids....*grumbles*...

It seems this thread is in dire need of a topic.

What would Ash do if he caught Misty singing about him during the night?

If she made it obvious that the song was about him and the song was a love song, then I think he'd be somewhat surprised but also (if he loves her, and we obviously believe he does) very happy to know that his feelings are reciprocated.

Indeed it was.

I think he would get flustered. He would probably sit there listening to her, hiding in the bushes and eventually run away before she saw him. He'd sit on it for a few days and then say something about it (and we all know where that would lead).

Indeed it was.

I think he would get flustered. He would probably sit there listening to her, hiding in the bushes and eventually run away before she saw him. He'd sit on it for a few days and then say something about it (and we all know where that would lead).

Probably to a great big misunderstanding if he still hasn't grown a brain yet, lol.

Probably to a great big misunderstanding if he still hasn't grown a brain yet, lol.

I actually think he's a smart guy, just extremely uneducated. He left home when he was 10 after all. Nobody's ever told him about love or anything like that, so he just doesn't know what he's feeling. If he weren't smart, he wouldn't be able to come up with the complicated battle strategies that he pulls out of nowhere on the fly.

But yeah, he would screw it up somehow, lol.

Last edited:
Hello, all. Just thought, as I'm a PokeShipper, I'd join the discussion.

In a hopeful sense, that he may listen and actually begin to sing along with her, that would be adorable.

Hello, all. Just thought, as I'm a PokeShipper, I'd join the discussion.

In a hopeful sense, that he may listen and actually begin to sing along with her, that would be adorable.

Yeah that would be great to see in the anime - Ash wooing Misty with his suave Frank Sinatra voice, haha.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the thread!

Welcome! I think that if Ash caught Misty singing about him, and it was blatently obvious that it was about him, he'd be shocked and a little confused. He'd probably talk to someone about it (Brock or Delia most likely).

Yeah that would be great to see in the anime - Ash wooing Misty with his suave Frank Sinatra voice, haha.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the thread!

Okay, well, his Japanese voice isn't that bad, and so is his current dub one. Bit dorky, but okay.

Thank you!

Okay, well, his Japanese voice isn't that bad, and so is his current dub one. Bit dorky, but okay.

Thank you!

You're welcome, although I wasn't talking about Ash's dub voice. I meant to say that if Ash were to start singing along with Misty, he might start to try and act all suave by singing in a Frank Sinatra-style singing voice. This would probably lead to him getting malleted by Misty though...

Back
Top Bottom