• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Hmmm the first impressions have definitely changed. if i remember correctly misty was giving Ash a hard time for him not knowing how to raise pokemon, but at the end of there travels she came to love and respect who he was. Ash on the hand i dont believe was very hypocritical of misty at all.....his first impression was most likely " some random chick" and in the end Ash found himself in love. XD melody and misty should have fought for him -.- damnn that misty

Thank you for the greeting Likeitornot!

Thanks for answering the question. I therefore conclude that first impression won't last!. Like everyone would say, I agree that they'll definitely change their impression towards each other but how they've met each other back then would definitely hard to forget..

Hey guys!Just stopping by to say its my birthday! and I just want to put this topic since we talk about this in one of our subject topics. Do you think Ash and Misty's first impression last?

Happy (belated) birthday!!! :)

I don't think their first impressions of each other lasted very long because Misty thought he was initially an idiot who hurt his pokemon, and Ash's very first impression was that she was nice because she saved him. (this was before she slapped him across the face)

yeah... their first impressions didn't last very long i don't think.... ash probably thought while running from them spearow, hey person with bike... lemme borrow kthnxbai.... but in the end they both formed a bond together. if it wasn't for lame producers thinking romance in an anime is bad... they would still be together to this day i think... i mean look at how long brock lasted in the series o.0 but anyways they ended up loving each other in the end, so no first impressions lasted :)

Hey guys!Just stopping by to say its my birthday! and I just want to put this topic since we talk about this in one of our subject topics. Do you think Ash and Misty's first impression last?

Happy (belated) birthday!!! :)

I don't think their first impressions of each other lasted very long because Misty thought he was initially an idiot who hurt his pokemon, and Ash's very first impression was that she was nice because she saved him. (this was before she slapped him across the face)

thank you!Yes. It did change but in a very good way and maybe their strong bond of friendship will reunite with each other..

hm...while I agree with everyone else that they were rather hostile to each other at the start, I must point out that for the first couple of episodes at least, Ash seemed to want Misty to like him, which you can see from the fact that he sometimes asks for her advice and the hurt look on his face when she shouts at him. Notice how, at the beginning at least, Ash only insulted Misty when she insulted him first. Perhaps initially Misty genuinely didn't like Ash, but I think Ash may have liked her from the moment they met (although as we know, he just has his own unique ways of showing it).
Just something to think about there I guess...

hm...while I agree with everyone else that they were rather hostile to each other at the start, I must point out that for the first couple of episodes at least, Ash seemed to want Misty to like him, which you can see from the fact that he sometimes asks for her advice and the hurt look on his face when she shouts at him. Notice how, at the beginning at least, Ash only insulted Misty when she insulted him first. Perhaps initially Misty genuinely didn't like Ash, but I think Ash may have liked her from the moment they met (although as we know, he just has his own unique ways of showing it).
Just something to think about there I guess...
That really did get me thinking... hmm. Well, you would think Ash would HATE Misty if she always got after him about her bike (WHICH she did). If it was me, I'd already have planted Pikachu on her XDDD.

That really did get me thinking... hmm. Well, you would think Ash would HATE Misty if she always got after him about her bike (WHICH she did). If it was me, I'd already have planted Pikachu on her XDDD.

You're new? Welcome to the PokéShipping, where we talk about Poke. Hope that was a nice welcome.

Anyways, I really can't answer the topic, but I think I have another topic. Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

I'd say 4Kids. 4Kids doubled the Poke. I think original had more Pallet. I think.

EDIT: God dammnit I messed up with RadioactivCharmander, someone that does not exist on BMGF (zoe885), and zoe7777.

You're new? Welcome to the PokéShipping, where we talk about Poke. Hope that was a nice welcome.

Anyways, I really can't answer the topic, but I think I have another topic. Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

I'd say 4Kids. 4Kids doubled the Poke. I think original had more Pallet. I think.

EDIT: God dammnit I messed up with RadioactivCharmander, someone that does not exist on BMGF (zoe885), and zoe7777.

The 4 kids adaptation was much better than the original. I completely agree with you there.

Well, in terms of Pokeshippingness, 4Kids did a more thorough promotion. I wouldn't know about the rest though, not having really seen the original, but if I understand correctly, some things in the original were Pokeshippy, but not included in the 4Kids version, so I think it would be a matter of tabulating the data...

Well, in terms of Pokeshippingness, 4Kids did a more thorough promotion. I wouldn't know about the rest though, not having really seen the original, but if I understand correctly, some things in the original were Pokeshippy, but not included in the 4Kids version, so I think it would be a matter of tabulating the data...

My impression of watching subbed clips of hints that were definitely in the dubbed version and ones that weren't, I would say that the number of hints was about equal, though they were differently distributed. While 4kids added hints like Jirachi Wish Maker and Heartbreak of Brock, they did take away A Date With Delcatty and they didn't air that Dratini episode in the first season (which had some cute bits in it). However, if we extend it to media outside the show, 4kids definitely added a lot more stuff, like the various songs and Pokemon Live, than the original did, whose only contribution, one could argue, would have been that one song from the second movie, Toi et Moi (toi et moi - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia).

But to answer the topic, I don't think there's much distinguishing the two, staying in the realm of the show. I'm inclined to say the dubbed version, simply because I neither speak Japanese nor do I understand the emotional nuances of the words spoken, so simply reading subtitles doesn't give me much of a perspective on what's being said.

Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

Er, are you asking what did I think of 4Kids' adaptation of Original's hints in comparsion how they were conveyed in the Original Japanese Version?
Or... What did I think of how 4Kids added in a few Pokeshippy hints that weren't in the Original, or, subtracted/altered a few?
Or both, really?

As, I can't really discuss the first section of it, as I've never really seen the OS subbed- nor do I speak Japanese or the styles of its language to tone certain things.

I can't comment to much on the topic since I've only seen the 4kids but honestly I just go ahead and combine the hints from both! haha

Also welcome new people

Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

Well I've seen a couple of subbed episodes, and I like the pokeshipping more on 4Kids, because I grew up watching the way they interacted and I actually liked the dub added hints, they're cute :) Although I do like the original pokeshipping in the episodes banned in the US (only a couple) and seeing a pokeshippingish hint in both versions was cool cuz they did a really good translation. Okay, now I'm rambling, I'll shut up now.

I love both, but the english dubbed (some of it) of 4kids is quite nice and better, I supposed. Since there were nice hints and notable hints to be considered that are quite shippy.

Yay! my fellow pokeshippers :3 sooo i recently got hooked back on pokemon and im like wtf is this?! they replace BOTH brock and misty?! I dont understand why not keep the original crew?! Also they should of just had misty and ash know their feelings for one another! they came up with some bs saying "they're too young for that" weellll they werent too young to blush at each other and get jealous when another guy/girl got in the way?! I just think (my idea on how the next series should be) Have the original crew, have ash search for his father who maybe the pokemon master himself, defeat him and claim the title :) but have some "puppy love" in the show! I know ash wouldn't be the straight up romantic, but at least some puppy love would spice up the show a little. Whatchu guys think?? :eek:

Yay! my fellow pokeshippers :3 sooo i recently got hooked back on pokemon and im like wtf is this?! they replace BOTH brock and misty?! I dont understand why not keep the original crew?! Also they should of just had misty and ash know their feelings for one another! they came up with some bs saying "they're too young for that" weellll they werent too young to blush at each other and get jealous when another guy/girl got in the way?! I just think (my idea on how the next series should be) Have the original crew, have ash search for his father who maybe the pokemon master himself, defeat him and claim the title :) but have some "puppy love" in the show! I know ash wouldn't be the straight up romantic, but at least some puppy love would spice up the show a little. Whatchu guys think?? :eek:

Welcome back. To Pokémon. How long were you uninterested in Pokémon? Since 200X?

Anyways, there was already much hints that convinced all of us. Thus, why we are here to discuss Poke and not diss it.

PUPPY LOVE. Hell, watch Pokémon 2000 or some other OI episode.

Welcome to Poke.

Welcome back. To Pokémon. How long were you uninterested in Pokémon? Since 200X?

Anyways, there was already much hints that convinced all of us. Thus, why we are here to discuss Poke and not diss it.

Welcome to Poke.

uninterested wasn't the problem, I was pulled away from it, couldn't do much since i was young...so I just kinda forgot about it until I was lookin thru cartoons I used to always watch in the 90's and pokemon was one of them, and where was I dissing pokemon?? I'm just stating my opinion..didn't know I was dissing? Anyways thanks for the "warm" welcoming, geez i feel welcomed.

Welcome to Poke.

uninterested wasn't the problem, I was pulled away from it, couldn't do much since i was young...so I just kinda forgot about it until I was lookin thru cartoons I used to always watch in the 90's and pokemon was one of them, and where was I dissing pokemon?? I'm just stating my opinion..didn't know I was dissing? Anyways thanks for the "warm" welcoming, geez i feel welcomed.

No - you were not, just that I was giving a little explanation why we shall not diss Pokeshipping. Not intended for you.

Oh, and you are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom