• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Yay! my fellow pokeshippers :3 sooo i recently got hooked back on pokemon and im like wtf is this?! they replace BOTH brock and misty?! I dont understand why not keep the original crew?! Also they should of just had misty and ash know their feelings for one another! they came up with some bs saying "they're too young for that" weellll they werent too young to blush at each other and get jealous when another guy/girl got in the way?! I just think (my idea on how the next series should be) Have the original crew, have ash search for his father who maybe the pokemon master himself, defeat him and claim the title :) but have some "puppy love" in the show! I know ash wouldn't be the straight up romantic, but at least some puppy love would spice up the show a little. Whatchu guys think?? :eek:

Welcome back. To Pokémon. How long were you uninterested in Pokémon? Since 200X?

Anyways, there was already much hints that convinced all of us. Thus, why we are here to discuss Poke and not diss it.

PUPPY LOVE. Hell, watch Pokémon 2000 or some other OI episode.

Welcome to Poke.

uninterested wasn't the problem, I was pulled away from it, couldn't do much since i was young...so I just kinda forgot about it until I was lookin thru cartoons I used to always watch in the 90's and pokemon was one of them, and where was I dissing pokemon?? I'm just stating my opinion..didn't know I was dissing? Anyways thanks for the "warm" welcoming, geez i feel welcomed.

No - you were not, just that I was giving a little explanation why we shall not diss Pokeshipping. Not intended for you.

Oh, and you are welcome.

Ohhhh... lol i feel dumb then, sorry for misunderstanding! but thanks for the welcome! (no sarcasm this time) x)

Yay! my fellow pokeshippers :3 sooo i recently got hooked back on pokemon and im like wtf is this?! they replace BOTH brock and misty?! I dont understand why not keep the original crew?! Also they should of just had misty and ash know their feelings for one another! they came up with some bs saying "they're too young for that" weellll they werent too young to blush at each other and get jealous when another guy/girl got in the way?! I just think (my idea on how the next series should be) Have the original crew, have ash search for his father who maybe the pokemon master himself, defeat him and claim the title :) but have some "puppy love" in the show! I know ash wouldn't be the straight up romantic, but at least some puppy love would spice up the show a little. Whatchu guys think?? :eek:

Amen to that. The only problem would be that if Ash becomes the Pokemon Master, the show would end, and if the show ends, the producers stop making so much money, and that would be a terrible, terrible travesty (now I'm being sarcastic). But yeah, that would probably only happen if the show were due to end, just as most scenarios that involve more than one or two pokeshipping hints.

But welcome! It's always good to see new people around here!

Amen to that. The only problem would be that if Ash becomes the Pokemon Master, the show would end, and if the show ends, the producers stop making so much money, and that would be a terrible, terrible travesty (now I'm being sarcastic). But yeah, that would probably only happen if the show were due to end, just as most scenarios that involve more than one or two pokeshipping hints.

But welcome! It's always good to see new people around here!

Ahhh so true! lol what was I thinkin?! waa I just want the writers to gain sense and put the original trio in :/ I mean fanfics are awesome but now as great as the real thing ya know? ughh and thank you! :)

*i meant to say not as great

Last edited by a moderator:

Um, hello there, fellow Pokeshipper.
Well, it isn't a major intention (if an intention) of the writers to involve romantic canonity (in the main ships, now), naturally, so having it become canon isn't going to be the first task on the list. I'm not saying they never thought of any Romance in any of the Anime shippings, because it is conveyed. I just believe it's not top of the agenda for them, and not for this ship, anyways.
I like not having the Original crew there, actually. It's refreshing to have new characters, sometimes. Not saying I wouldn't have them return someday. I also believe that we've just some way to go (even in the next series) until Ash reaches a fully-veteran "Pokemon Master" level of Pokemon training.

But I enjoy the "puppy love" suggestion. As a philophobic, it's not too immensely romantic, as a shipper, it's romantic enough, and as a Pokeshipper, it suits.

Hi there! Welcome to our lovely thread! It feels good to have another pokeshipper here, and I like not being the newbie!

Anyway, I miss the original trio. I miss the original voices. I miss Ash's original eyes, and I miss his original clothes. And I miss their old pokemon. I understand that they have to change some things, but a little more throwbacks would be nice for the older/original fans.
I totally agree with the idea of having puppy love in the show. Real romance wouldn't work, because that would be extremely OOC for them, especially Ash. More hints though, for any shipping really, would spice up the show nicely.
Oh and you've made me extremely nostalgic. I shall now go and watch old Kanto episodes.

I know, they keep stupid Ash but lose the actually cool people.

Its not an "If" they loved each other question. We dont need hints to tell us that guys :p The original trio was amazing, but it looks like they wont be reappearing anytime soon. Pokeshipping lost most of its momentum during the end of the johto arc and after movie 3. I mean! sure! i still watch pokemon just to hope misty or brock get a reference or a re-appearence in an episode( if misty came back for 1 or 2 that would make my life) but the end should be interesting to see. how the writers and produces wrap it all up. I guess you could call this "the beginning of the end of the adventure" -__- The question of Ash's father still remains yeaaa...does ash really love misty.....there's that question too, which leads me to ask this If you were a writer for the show what would you change about the storyline ? be specific and would you keep it the same? :p

If you were a writer for the show what would you change about the storyline ? be specific and would you keep it the same? :p

I would proboaly keep terms with the writers and try to keep the anime the way it is during AG and stuff like that. I guess I would add more Poké, but - I really don't know.

I can't believe I've never posted here before! :O
PokeShipping is my OTP.

Explaining why would be like trying to explain why people love chocolate. Ha.
One reason I think they work so well together, is that Ash & Misty grew together so much. Ash was a total newbie at the start of the Kanto series. A total idiot. Misty wasn't exactly a seasoned traveler either. Seeing them grow together, change together... I think that's why PokeShipping as such a solid appeal. Ash was already an experienced trainer when he went to Hoenn & Sinnoh. With Misty, he was more of an equal than a mentor, like he was to May and Dawn.

All the dubbing hints throughout the series also made me very fond of this pairing.

If you were a writer for the show what would you change about the storyline ? be specific and would you keep it the same? :p

For me, I'd have to return Misty & Brock. *shot*

The chemisty between them three characters is dynamic in my opinion.
It's entertaining, hilarious, touching and emotional. None of the others really compared.

I can't believe I haven't posted in here either! Yeah... PokeShipping will always be my favorite!

Obviously, I would make changes if I was a writer!
First: The characters would age. Ash would grow more mature and maybe not be so oblivious to girls (especially Misty)!
Second: Misty would still be on the show, or at least appear more often than she has since leaving.
And finally: I'd have more shipping hints (because who doesn't love shipping hints?)!

Wow! Lots of new people have shown up lately. Welcome to all!

As for the topic:

First: The characters would age. Ash would grow more mature and maybe not be so oblivious to girls (especially Misty)!
Second: Misty would still be on the show, or at least appear more often than she has since leaving.
And finally: I'd have more shipping hints (because who doesn't love shipping hints?)!

There isn't a single thing I could add to this without getting ridiculously specific that would answer the topic better.

Explaining why would be like trying to explain why people love chocolate. Ha.
One reason I think they work so well together, is that Ash & Misty grew together so much. Ash was a total newbie at the start of the Kanto series. A total idiot. Misty wasn't exactly a seasoned traveler either. Seeing them grow together, change together... I think that's why PokeShipping as such a solid appeal. Ash was already an experienced trainer when he went to Hoenn & Sinnoh. With Misty, he was more of an equal than a mentor, like he was to May and Dawn.

Not only that, but Misty had more of a depth of character, in my opinion anyway. She had a few more dimensions than the other leads.

Hi everyone. I just wanna stop by and asked what did I miss? the green background of my computer hurts my eyes,I think it needs to fixed.
Oh, woah.. Nice to see new people around. Welcome guys!

Sorry to do this but I bring bad news guys

According to her deviantart journal Miya is stepping away from drawing for an unknown amount of time. She says she doesn't know when she'll ever be back. She says she can't say why cause she doesn't even know but it's clear from the message she having some sort of trouble in life. Whatever the reason I hope everything is alright and everything works out for her. She is truly a gifted artist.

Last edited:

According to her deviantart journal Miya is stepping away from drawing for an unknown amount of time. She says she doesn't know when she'll ever be back. She says she can't say why cause she doesn't even know but it's clear from the message she having some sort of trouble in life. Whatever the reason I hope everything is alright and everything works out for her. She is truly a gifted artist.

Oh yes. Forgot to say this. I also read her journal and she talks about this in DA. It was a little sad to hear that from her but despite of that, her FAITH project was a real success. I guess supporting her and her art would be the best thing to do.

-----

Maybe I'll not going to change the storyline instead I'll put different twist with it and add a little comedy and romance and focussed on Ash and Misty, their battles and journeys. having Misty with a lot of screentime on the show.

Hey everyone, sorry for being away from this thread for so long, my workload these days is unbelievable.

Oh and to all the new people: welcome to the thread!

Strangely I never thought of making the characters age. I definitely think it would be good idea, seeing as Ash would actually have started to view Misty in a different way, and that as a developing side-plot alongside the main story would have made it a lot more interesting.

Yeah I heard about that. I hope she's alright, and that she may come back soon.
In the meantime, here's some of my favourites of hers:

Ash and Misty by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Ash and Misty by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Pokemon by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Short-Comics collection by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Majoraty of girls/boys in PokeShipping

I was curious as to how many boys Ship and how many girls ship. So I wanted to make a poll.
Even though it's for pretty much anyone I thought it would be interesting.

Re: Majoraty of girls/boys in PokeShipping

I don't get it,
Although, According to Wikipedia , A Poll was created to see How Boy and Girl separate opinion about Pokeshipping.
The result was , mainly Girl support this while most Boy's were against it. (it said '' boys attempted to belittle her efforts'' )
It's no Surprise.
Girl aren't as affected by a Girl charm as a boy is !
As long as the Girl has a admirable personality , Girl's will support her even if she look extremely pretty or less pretty.
I guess , Boy's who voted against her in that poll wanted someone who as pretty as Giselle .
Misty's pretty but not as Giselle or May !

I'm not a shipper or anything but i do thing there might be thing between Ash and Misty after watching "The Heart Break of Brock"
Misty said that she and Ash will be married someday to and she blushed.

Back
Top Bottom