• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I'm not a shipper or anything but i do thing there might be thing between Ash and Misty after watching "The Heart Break of Brock"
Misty said that she and Ash will be married someday to and she blushed.

Yeah I like that hint, although it's disputed quite a lot 'cause it's dub-added. If you're still not fully convinced, you might want to watch the episodes "Navel Maneuvers", "Misty Meets Her Match" and "Gotta Catch Ya Later" which, in my opinion, have some of the best hints for PS on both Ash and Misty's side.

Either that, or just watch Pokemon 2000. That alone pretty much convinced me when I first watched it back in 2001...

Hm, I find that hint intriguing, as I never considered it as a huge hint anyways, not just because of the fact that it was dub-added, but as it wasn't much of a hint- Misty could've meant that that they'll marry, but not necessarily to one another, and it was said rather casually also, it was just how Ash misintrepatated it. I guess if he can misinterpatate it so, it's an interesting point, yet anyone could really- and it wouldn't be in a romantic sense.
I can see why it's a hint though, despite that, due to Misty's reaction when he yells.

Re: Majoraty of girls/boys in PokeShipping

I was curious as to how many boys Ship and how many girls ship. So I wanted to make a poll.
Even though it's for pretty much anyone I thought it would be interesting.
Okay, I have to ask, because I don't think....you know what "pokeshipping" is, per se.

Are you looking for how many of a gender 'ship any couple in the Pokémon fandom, or are you looking at how many of a gender 'ship Ash/Misty?

Because "Pokeshipping" means Ash/Misty specifically; it's not a nickname for the act of 'shipping in Pokémon.

Sorry to do this but I bring bad news guys

According to her deviantart journal Miya is stepping away from drawing for an unknown amount of time. She says she doesn't know when she'll ever be back. She says she can't say why cause she doesn't even know but it's clear from the message she having some sort of trouble in life. Whatever the reason I hope everything is alright and everything works out for her. She is truly a gifted artist.

Yeah I heard about that. I hope she's alright, and that she may come back soon.

Sorry to hear about that. It saddens me whenever I hear that someone is having troubles in life.

WOW! I've actually never seen her work before, but... WOW!!! She truly is a gifted artists! I almost cried when I saw the first and last one...
I feel inspired now! I've been thinking about doing a fanfic and some fanart for some time now. Why should I wait any longer?

Yeah... I'm a bit confused as well...

If you're asking whether their are more girls or boys who like shipping, then I'd say girls (even though I'm a boy who likes shipping).

Or, are you asking: If you are a shipper, are you a boy, a girl, or a transgender? My answer would be boy (obviously).

Also, are you talking about any ships in Pokemon, or just PokeShipping (Ash and Misty)?

Yay! my fellow pokeshippers :3 sooo i recently got hooked back on pokemon and im like wtf is this?! they replace BOTH brock and misty?! I dont understand why not keep the original crew?! Also they should of just had misty and ash know their feelings for one another! they came up with some bs saying "they're too young for that" weellll they werent too young to blush at each other and get jealous when another guy/girl got in the way?! I just think (my idea on how the next series should be) Have the original crew, have ash search for his father who maybe the pokemon master himself, defeat him and claim the title :) but have some "puppy love" in the show! I know ash wouldn't be the straight up romantic, but at least some puppy love would spice up the show a little. Whatchu guys think?? :eek:

Hi there! Welcome to our lovely thread! It feels good to have another pokeshipper here, and I like not being the newbie!

Anyway, I miss the original trio. I miss the original voices. I miss Ash's original eyes, and I miss his original clothes. And I miss their old pokemon. I understand that they have to change some things, but a little more throwbacks would be nice for the older/original fans.
I totally agree with the idea of having puppy love in the show. Real romance wouldn't work, because that would be extremely OOC for them, especially Ash. More hints though, for any shipping really, would spice up the show nicely.
Oh and you've made me extremely nostalgic. I shall now go and watch old Kanto episodes.

haha my apologize for sprending my nostalgic feelings ^__^ lol

And if I were a writer...I would get brock and misty back of course! and I would make Ash a whole lot less dense! Throw in some "puppy love" not much though :3 but this time have them admit their feelings! Oh yeah and ash continued journey of becoming a master ;) lol

Um, hello there, fellow Pokeshipper.
Well, it isn't a major intention (if an intention) of the writers to involve romantic canonity (in the main ships, now), naturally, so having it become canon isn't going to be the first task on the list. I'm not saying they never thought of any Romance in any of the Anime shippings, because it is conveyed. I just believe it's not top of the agenda for them, and not for this ship, anyways.
I like not having the Original crew there, actually. It's refreshing to have new characters, sometimes. Not saying I wouldn't have them return someday. I also believe that we've just some way to go (even in the next series) until Ash reaches a fully-veteran "Pokemon Master" level of Pokemon training.

But I enjoy the "puppy love" suggestion. As a philophobic, it's not too immensely romantic, as a shipper, it's romantic enough, and as a Pokeshipper, it suits.[/QUOTE] I think that the wait is long enough though and they should bring them back though :/ its been years. and of course, pokemon shouldnt be extreme with romance cuz thats not the whole point of it but a little lovin' wouldn't hurt ;)

--------------------------------------

Thanks for the welcoming guys!! Y'all are awesome :)

I was curious as to how many boys Ship and how many girls ship. So I wanted to make a poll.
Even though it's for pretty much anyone I thought it would be interesting.
Okay, I have to ask, because I don't think....you know what "pokeshipping" is, per se.

Are you looking for how many of a gender 'ship any couple in the Pokémon fandom, or are you looking at how many of a gender 'ship Ash/Misty?

Because "Pokeshipping" means Ash/Misty specifically; it's not a nickname for the act of 'shipping in Pokémon.

Right, who would ship Ash and misty together.

@Kishore - That's quite interesting. True I'm a girl and I think Misty has had the most personality over all the girls thus far. Though, I do think shes the hottest. lol XD

@NGrizzy

Though it is canon that Misty had a crush on Ash I'd say, just because there's so many hints and obvious proof. Though, that's as far as they'd take it in the anime I'm sure. It's been so long, I don't think their bringing them back. I'm a Pokeshipper, but I liked Brock so it would be cool if there were some evidance of a connection there. Ash isn't my favorite character, since he's a little annoying. But Ash and Misty being together is a cute idea.
Anyways, welcome Ngrizzy!

@NGrizzy

Though it is canon that Misty had a crush on Ash I'd say, just because there's so many hints and obvious proof. Though, that's as far as they'd take it in the anime I'm sure. It's been so long, I don't think their bringing them back. I'm a Pokeshipper, but I liked Brock so it would be cool if there were some evidance of a connection there. Ash isn't my favorite character, since he's a little annoying. But Ash and Misty being together is a cute idea.

Well technically it isn't exactly canon, judging only by the fact that it was never confirmed by the writers, although I do agree that the evidence for it is pretty much undeniable. Takeshi Shudo actually went out of his way to denounce Pokeshipping despite having written the 'Ghost of Maiden's Peak' and Pokemon 2000. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me...

@NGrizzy

Well technically it isn't exactly canon, judging only by the fact that it was never confirmed by the writers, although I do agree that the evidence for it is pretty much undeniable. Takeshi Shudo actually went out of his way to denounce Pokeshipping despite having written the 'Ghost of Maiden's Peak' and Pokemon 2000. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me...

I know, it's like taking out the fun. Why would they do that to the fans? I don't think it matters anyways, what happened in the anime happened. Misty had a crush on Ash.

I know, it's like taking out the fun. Why would they do that to the fans? I don't think it matters anyways, what happened in the anime happened. Misty had a crush on Ash.

Yep, and as I've said a couple of times before, Pokemon 2000 was what properly convinced me of Pokeshipping, so if the writers were trying to convince us that Ash and Misty's relationship was purely platonic throughout the OS, they did a pretty terrible job.

I think that misty and ash have both dropped so many hints
And you can just feel the love
PLUS Pokeshipping has like 4 songs. What about the others?
(Together forever, Misty's Goodbye, Misty's song, He drives me crazy, and Under the mistletoe)

Also ash is buff and caring and determined
While misty is sexy, fiery and kind

They should date

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this shipping, and I'm on the club of it in the other forums!

Aw, Angel~! Nice to see you here. Welcome to the thread. I don't believe I had great you AshyBoy151, welcome to the thread!. I guess they're to young to go on dating but it would be so romantic if Ash would ask her outXD

I love this shipping, and I'm on the club of it in the other forums!

Aw, Angel~! Nice to see you here. Welcome to the thread. I don't believe I had great you AshyBoy151, welcome to the thread!. I guess they're to young to go on dating but it would be so romantic if Ash would ask her outXD

Aw thanks, you must be ashist!! :)

ash is buff and caring and determined
While misty is sexy, fiery and kind They should date

This is hot and true, I agree lol.

Aw thanks, you must be ashist!! :)

SHHhhh Yes I am!:)

Ash and Misty by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Ash and Misty by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Pokemon by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

Short-Comics collection by MiyaToriaka on deviantART

I been watching Miya's Pokeshipping art but now all of it, those art were amazing! I never seen some of those before.

okay we need a new topic to keep this thread alive lol any suggestions?? x) And does anyone know a pretty good pokeshipping fanfic that sticks to the pokemon plot?? I personally don't like those fanfics that have ash x misty in college or working etc. like to me when they dont even include pokemon I feel like im reading a story on two completely different people. I was also thinking that if a person who draws ash and misty pretty well (close to the anime not some 5 year old stick figure art) and a pretty bomb writer(who sticks to the pokemon plot and not put them in our world) came together and made like a pokeshipping comic or a pokemon series comic that has brock and misty back that would be amazing! I got the idea because theres this fanfic comic on old cartoon network characters (dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, etc.) and he just makes a wonderful plot with those characters and the illustration is amazing. I personally say that the comic is better then any one of those shows. lol idk maybe it would satisfy our pokeshipping hunger :p I wish with all my heart that they would bring back misty and brock in the anime but eh if that doesn't happen then why not take matters into our own hands ;)

Last edited:
^Hmm.. actually I'm out of ideas right now, but I got one.. I don't know if this would be ok.. or lame for you guys. Topic: If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?

^Hmm.. actually I'm out of ideas right now, but I got one.. I don't know if this would be ok.. or lame for you guys. Topic: If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?

I think he'd choose to fight her properly if he was ever faced with it, as Ash would try to fight to his the best of his abilities with the certain Pokemon he chose against his opponent, regardless of whether he likes them or not. Also, in the OS it was conveyed that they were both trainers rudimentally, and that they were on an equal enough level to another- so, I think it'd be an insult to Misty if Ash would treat her any differently to any other average trainer in a battle. I don't think Ash would do so; he respects her enough as a trainer not to.

I suppose I'd prefer two trainers as a romantic couple to not let their feelings for one another get in the way of a battle against one another.

Back
Top Bottom