• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

And does anyone know a pretty good pokeshipping fanfic that sticks to the pokemon plot?? I personally don't like those fanfics that have ash x misty in college or working etc. like to me when they dont even include pokemon I feel like im reading a story on two completely different people. I was also thinking that if a person who draws ash and misty pretty well (close to the anime not some 5 year old stick figure art) and a pretty bomb writer(who sticks to the pokemon plot and not put them in our world) came together and made like a pokeshipping comic or a pokemon series comic that has brock and misty back that would be amazing!

I'm working on one. It's just a plot idea that I have at the moment, but I'm going to try and get something put together eventually. I'll try and post it when it's done. I was also going to do some illustrations to go along with it.

Also, the Pokemon comic idea is a good one! I might give that a try someday.

If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?

He'd fight. End of story.

^Hmm.. actually I'm out of ideas right now, but I got one.. I don't know if this would be ok.. or lame for you guys. Topic: If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?
Ash Ketchum wouldn't want to lose for anybody, haha its the truth! He would give misty a good battle still, although pikachu may have a problem with it and may refuse to fight like in that one episode when ash and misty battled :p

@jokool awesome! :) can't wait! && thank you :)

^Hmm.. actually I'm out of ideas right now, but I got one.. I don't know if this would be ok.. or lame for you guys. Topic: If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?

Ash would give Misty the best battle he could and she would do the same. Misty would want him to.

I was also thinking that if a person who draws ash and misty pretty well (close to the anime not some 5 year old stick figure art) and a pretty bomb writer(who sticks to the pokemon plot and not put them in our world) came together and made like a pokeshipping comic or a pokemon series comic that has brock and misty back that would be amazing! I got the idea because theres this fanfic comic on old cartoon network characters (dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, etc.) and he just makes a wonderful plot with those characters and the illustration is amazing. I personally say that the comic is better then any one of those shows. lol idk maybe it would satisfy our pokeshipping hunger :p I wish with all my heart that they would bring back misty and brock in the anime but eh if that doesn't happen then why not take matters into our own hands ;)

That's a pretty cool idea. It could even be a collaboration between multiple people (though having multiple artists would be hard to pull off). I'd totally be all for that.

If Misty came out to be Ash's main rival in a pokemon tournament, will he choose to lose for Misty or will he choose to fight and give her a good battle?

He would absolutely give her a good battle. Ash wouldn't back down for anyone.

^ Like and agree on everyone's answers.. Guess that pretty easy question. I been always dreaming to see them battle each other again. As what everyone says, Ash would give Misty the best battle and I bet that would make the tournament worth watching for!

I guess, another topic:
In what way do you think Ash and Misty are good for each other?

I was also thinking that if a person who draws ash and misty pretty well (close to the anime not some 5 year old stick figure art) and a pretty bomb writer(who sticks to the pokemon plot and not put them in our world) came together and made like a pokeshipping comic or a pokemon series comic that has brock and misty back that would be amazing! I got the idea because theres this fanfic comic on old cartoon network characters (dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, etc.) and he just makes a wonderful plot with those characters and the illustration is amazing. I personally say that the comic is better then any one of those shows. lol idk maybe it would satisfy our pokeshipping hunger :p I wish with all my heart that they would bring back misty and brock in the anime but eh if that doesn't happen then why not take matters into our own hands ;)

That's a pretty cool idea. It could even be a collaboration between multiple people (though having multiple artists would be hard to pull off). I'd totally be all for that.

He would absolutely give her a good battle. Ash wouldn't back down for anyone.

And like i've heard that the writers, producers, and directors of pokemon look at forums and other websites to get feedback and ideas for the anime..probably if the comic gets popular enough they'd get the idea that a great amount of poke fans love brock, misty, and pokeshipping. ehhh maybe I'm thinkin way ahead of myself but I'm entitled to dream ;) I'm sooo ready to make this happen! anyone know of someone who does awesome fanfics and someone who draws the pokemon charcters excellent and close to the anime???

In what way do you think Ash and Misty are good for each other?[/QUOTE]

I can't explain it...in my opinion when it comes to those two, they just go together. Like PB&J, yin and yang, etc. I suck at answering this question -___- lol

Edit: Totally not trying to go off topic here but here is the link to that comic I was talking about : http://www.comixpedia.org/index.php?title=PowerPuff_Girls_Doujinshi
The comic was created by devinart-ist who goes by the name bleedman. The illustrations and plot is amazing!

Last edited:
anyone know of someone who does awesome fanfics and someone who draws the pokemon charcters excellent and close to the anime???

I'm working on one right now. I'm also planning on drawing illustrations with it. Although, since this is my first attempt at a fanfic, I doubt that it'll be "awesome."

I can't explain it...in my opinion when it comes to those two, they just go together. Like PB&J, yin and yang, etc. I suck at answering this question -___- lol

:132:*Ditto*:lx132:

I have also been trying to do the one I said I'd do a year ago... The one with the war and the politics and the realism.

Also ash is buff and caring and determined
While misty is sexy, fiery and kind

They should date

Ash is... Buff?

Anyways, has anyone noticed how much older Misty looked in HG/SS? Do you think that if misty is portrayed as being older in the game lately then there could be a chance of evidence that when Ash is older him and Misty may get back together? Though we may never see this, it's always shippy.

I still think that Ash and Misty are still keeping in contact! It would be awesome if they mentioned it at least once in a episode to give the fans something to talk about.

I can't believe I've never posted here before! :O
PokeShipping is my OTP.

Explaining why would be like trying to explain why people love chocolate. Ha.
One reason I think they work so well together, is that Ash & Misty grew together so much. Ash was a total newbie at the start of the Kanto series. A total idiot. Misty wasn't exactly a seasoned traveler either. Seeing them grow together, change together... I think that's why PokeShipping as such a solid appeal. Ash was already an experienced trainer when he went to Hoenn & Sinnoh. With Misty, he was more of an equal than a mentor, like he was to May and Dawn.

All the dubbing hints throughout the series also made me very fond of this pairing.

If you were a writer for the show what would you change about the storyline ? be specific and would you keep it the same? :p

For me, I'd have to return Misty & Brock. *shot*

The chemisty between them three characters is dynamic in my opinion.
It's entertaining, hilarious, touching and emotional. None of the others really compared.
Totally agree with u there! XD

anyone know of someone who does awesome fanfics and someone who draws the pokemon charcters excellent and close to the anime???

I'm working on one right now. I'm also planning on drawing illustrations with it. Although, since this is my first attempt at a fanfic, I doubt that it'll be "awesome."

^^^ Haha how clever! and good luck with ur comic thing! I know I'll one of thee first eager to read it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys I was thinking lately and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show Misty or any old friend in the best wishes series. It makes sense though because Ash is on a completely different region from anyone and far from his friends. BUT I am hoping for the next series, I mean like he does have to go back and compete in leagues where he lost so that he can be the master...so what does that mean? It may mean that they would get the trio back together again! :D (Ash, Misty, and Brock FTW!) I'm hoping! *Fingers-crossed*..I find myself trying to watch the current series but I just don't cause I know things aren't the same -_____- but anyways new topic(sorry if this topic had already been used): What songs remind you of pokeshipping? For me personally the following songs do:

A** back home - Gym Class Heroes
Realize - Colbie Calliat
Lucky - Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Calliat <- This one especially

^^^ Haha how clever! and good luck with ur comic thing! I know I'll one of thee first eager to read it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys I was thinking lately and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show Misty or any old friend in the best wishes series. It makes sense though because Ash is on a completely different region from anyone and far from his friends. BUT I am hoping for the next series, I mean like he does have to go back and compete in leagues where he lost so that he can be the master...so what does that mean? It may mean that they would get the trio back together again! :D (Ash, Misty, and Brock FTW!) I'm hoping! *Fingers-crossed*..I find myself trying to watch the current series but I just don't cause I know things aren't the same -_____- but anyways new topic(sorry if this topic had already been used): What songs remind you of pokeshipping? For me personally the following songs do:

Realize - Colbie Calliat

I hope so, but it's been so long since Misty was on the show. If they we're gonna bring her back they would have done it a long time ago.

Realize - Colbie Calliat

YES! "Ass back home" fits so well. evetytime I hear it I imagine ash and misty. I know I've said this before but a lot of stuff from Taylor swift works too. like sparks fly!

What songs remind you of pokeshipping?

I was just thinking about this last night!

Owl City -- Vanilla Twilight
I found a PokeShipping video that featured this song. It just seems to fit in perfectly with PokeShipping.

What songs remind you of pokeshipping?

A lot of Nickelback songs, particularly "Far Away" or "Don't Ever Let It End"
Also "Wonderful Life" and "In Loving Memory" by Alter Bridge (The latter is extremely good at showing Ash's feelings about travelling without Misty)

Mostly from Ash's point of view

What song remind you of pokeshipping?
I was listening to this song a lot lately and I think ''Enchanted'' really remind me a lot of Pokeshipping.. Since Enchanted was sung by Taylor Swift, Misty was the first one I remembered hearing the song. Then I knew that there was another version of the song by Owl City's Adam Young, which makes think of Ash POV that has come to my mind.

I got a topic guys!Do you expect PokeShipping to ever become canon?

Not unless they do some dramatic changes to the anime. Another possibility is (even though it would be better in the anime) if they do something in a manga series (like what happened with RocketShipping).

Good news guys! Miya is back! ( at least temporarily)

miyatoriaka.deviantart.com/art/Even-Now-Pokeshipping-292099946?currentTab=comments

Not unless they do some dramatic changes to the anime. Another possibility is (even though it would be better in the anime) if they do something in a manga series (like what happened with RocketShipping).

I agree, the manga is way cooler. More drama than just battling, gyms, at the most a pokemon evolves.
Does that mean RocketShipping completely canon? Because if so then PokeShipping is a possibility.

Good news guys! Miya is back! ( at least temporarily)

miyatoriaka.deviantart.com/art/Even-Now-Pokeshipping-292099946?currentTab=comments

Really? That's cool. Can't wait to see more pokeshipping fanarts of hers.

Back
Top Bottom