• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

^Yeah. Good to see her back and to see new pokeshipping fanarts.XD

New topics guys. I can't believe I'm doing this so randomly
Imagine Ash will capture a Unova pokemon for her, what will be that pokemon?
Do you think Ash would have brought the Misty lure along with him?
What other gifts, (besides of the lure and handkerchief) represents Pokeshipping?

Ah a few topics... oh well, I'll just answer the most recent ones.

New topics guys. Imagine Ash will capture a Unova pokemon for her, what will be that pokemon?
An Almomola; as it's a beautiful water Pokemon in appearance, and it's strong enough. I think he knows that she'd appreciate its beauty and power.
Honestly, I don't know. There was an opportunity to use it in the fishing episode or when Dento flashes his lure around, but true, he may be saving it.
What other gifts, (besides of the lure and handkerchief) represents Pokeshipping?

I know, you said "gift" simply, but can we just say an object to symbolise it? As, other than the handkerchief and the fishing lure, I can't think of anything that Misty gave Ash or anything that Ash handed over to Misty... There could be something else, my mind isn't drawing on it though.
Or, are you using the term gift in a more abstract way, as in, a gift of their memories together? ^^"

Imagine Ash will capture a Unova pokemon for her, what will be that pokemon?
I don't know why, but I'm thinking a Frillish (female?).

He has it, he just doesn't want to lose it (remember when Buizel stole the fishing rods and broke them?). That's why we haven't seen it in a while.

Um... Maybe the Cascade badge? (I'm not sure if that count as a "gift")

!Do you expect PokeShipping to ever become canon?

If this was 2002, I'd say yes. But since Misty has left, the series has moved on and on... It's likely not going to happen. There is the possibility that the writers, if they ever do end Ash's journey, would let him end with a relationship with a Misty, just as a throwback for the original Pokemon fans.

Or, are you using the term gift in a more abstract way, as in, a gift of their memories together? ^^"

either way would do. At first, I meant of gifts as objects but since you've mention that way, that could be also the another meaning for it.

I actually have a gut feeling that Misty and Brock will return as well, but I fear that would be only when pokemon comes to its last season. It makes perfect sense to do so as well. I was figuring this out cuz I remembered in the orange island series when we thought that brock was going to stay with professor ivy, the writers surprised us with a return! The writers are truely filled with surprises, so we will have to wait and see what the next series will bring. It would make sense that ash must return to his region and compete in the league that he lost in order to be "the pokemon master" :) [But if next season turns out differently, then I have lost all hope in their return :'(] But oh how weird it would be cuz they would most likely change her appearence like how misty appears in the recent games.. so in the way she's gonna look older but ash will remain the same x) eh idk again writers are filled with surprises sooo who knows lol and hopefully they make pokeshipping canon too ;)

I actually have a gut feeling that Misty and Brock will return as well, but I fear that would be only when pokemon comes to its last season.

A reunion or something like that. If that happened, then it would be nice to see the trio back again, specially Ash and Misty. But seeing then in the last season would be nice, but also not-so-nice, maybe.. But at least we can say that from the very first meeting they've still meet each other again even in the last of its season.

---

This is random again..
Oh yeah,Hi everyone just wanna stop by after having a graduation in our school today. Man, I was becoming emotional about everything that had happened that I could bring this topic up: If Ash and Misty were on a graduation what thing(s) or anything would Ash/Misty give as a remembrance for Misty/Ash?

I actually have a gut feeling that Misty and Brock will return as well, but I fear that would be only when pokemon comes to its last season.

A reunion or something like that. If that happened, then it would be nice to see the trio back again, specially Ash and Misty. But seeing then in the last season would be nice, but also not-so-nice, maybe.. But at least we can say that from the very first meeting they've still meet each other again even in the last of its season.

---

This is random again..
Oh yeah,Hi everyone just wanna stop by after having a graduation in our school today. Man, I was becoming emotional about everything that had happened that I could bring this topic up: If Ash and Misty were on a graduation what thing(s) or anything would Ash/Misty give as a remembrance for Misty/Ash?

Right! :)

And hey I stumbled upon this information, well supposedly the movie: Mewtwo strikes back was the movie that was suppose to either end the series or end ash's journey (im confused about this one lol) but anyways this clip that i am posting is the original trailer of the movie from japan. And in the trailer shows misty (GROWN UP), Miranda, and a little pink-headed kid that is suppose to be Ash and Misty's daughter :O! As well it shows the little girl playing with Ash's pikachu at one point. Anyways apparently that was the way they were gonna end it. I was just sooo happy when I read this. Very bitter-sweet to have pokemon end like this, sweet because Ash and Misty are an item but bitter because it was gonna be the end :'(. It just proves my theory that writers like to change their minds ALOT! soooo who knows about next series and if that will be the end of pokemon. I guess the reason they decided not to end it was because of how good pokemon was getting and they wanted to continue that $$$$$ ;) And I honestly wished that they woulda shown a grown up Ash and Brock too haha, My theory about why miranda is there in the clip is because maybe brock and her got together ;) What's great about this clip is because it's from Japan not america. Meaning that this isn't dubbed nor changed from the original. Meaning this is canon! ;D or was at the time of course lol Like I said if they decide to end the pokemon anime, I just very much hope that they 1) get the original crew back gosh-dang it! (Ash, Misty, and Brock FTW!), 2) For the love of pokemon make pokeshipping canon! 3) Tell us where ash's father is! or maybe make him the master whom ash has to defeat and after defeating him finding out that whoa its dad! (Ash I am your father) lmao x) and 4) definitely end it along the lines of this clip, the way they were gonna originally end it, is how it should still be ended.

Here's the link to the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI&feature=player_embedded

Another random thought: Maybe the other woman in the clip is misty's mother :eek: kinda would make sense.

Last edited:
Ah yeah, we've debated that quite a few times. The absence of Ash in the clip kinda suggests that he either dies or he goes back on his journey, although it strongly implies that the former is more likely. In terms of Pokeshipping, anti-pokeshippers will obviously dispute whether or not the girl is actually Ash and Misty's daughter, although again, it's heavily implied - why else would Pikachu be there if Ash had nothing to do with it?

I think it probably would have been quite a good ending to the Pokemon anime if they'd chosen to end it there. But having said that, if it had ended there we wouldn't have seen some of the best hints such as:
Pokeball Peril
Navel Maneuvers
Misty Meets Her Match
The Stun Spore Detour
Wherefore art thou Pokemon?
Gotta Catch Ya Later

On the other hand though, I guess missing out on those wouldn't have mattered that much if Pokeshipping was canon by then anyway...

Well, I don't know.

I guess it'd end Ash's journey per say, but I wouldn't want that then that early. Sure, I wouldn't mind him being replaced in the next series or whatever, however, he did contribute to shape up AG and DP and they'd probably be a bit different without him. Now, I don't know for better or for worse, but I still wouldn't risk it- I loved those series. BW, too- it has some room for improvement, I realise, however I am still passive to it. It's still fun for me. Also, back then, he was too noivce to finish his journey; wasn't that before the Indigo Pokemon League, iirc?
Also, for us Pokeshippers, as a whole, we wouldn't have the Orange Islands or The Power of One.
And, for me, I wouldn't desire Pokeshipping or any shipping I like to become particularly canon. Yes, I'd be pleased, but not overjoyed. I ship a lot- so, Pokeshipping canonity means other ships not becoming canon at all, which is a massive pity- even if I don't necessarily ship those ships; I like the diversity there is in shipping due to the fact nothing is excepted (in the Anime, now) to become canon between anyone in the Main Cast.
Also, some shippings could work out differently as a canon shipping than you'd expect- I read a novel where I shipped two main characters together that I thought would be just great (it wasn't an oobvious one either) and it became canon, to my surprise. But gosh- it left me cold; I felt that one of the characters was going to realise that she loved someone else but it'd be too late from the closing paragraphs and that'd be a canon ship on false hope. Just using that as an example to explain why it could turn out unexpectedly.
If they continued Ash's journey with Misty as a romance- it depends. It would have to very, very dilute of romance for me to stomach it. See, I enjoy shipping in a series that isn't ever going to be romance orientated. It suits me perfectly, and it find it intriguing in interactions between characters that won't develop into a romance. As, sometimes, having romance-filled interactions can be so tedious and tiresome (not saying that non-romantic interactions are always interesting).

Ah yeah, we've debated that quite a few times. The absence of Ash in the clip kinda suggests that he either dies or he goes back on his journey, although it strongly implies that the former is more likely. In terms of Pokeshipping, anti-pokeshippers will obviously dispute whether or not the girl is actually Ash and Misty's daughter, although again, it's heavily implied - why else would Pikachu be there if Ash had nothing to do with it?

I think it probably would have been quite a good ending to the Pokemon anime if they'd chosen to end it there. But having said that, if it had ended there we wouldn't have seen some of the best hints such as:
Pokeball Peril
Navel Maneuvers
Misty Meets Her Match
The Stun Spore Detour
Wherefore art thou Pokemon?
Gotta Catch Ya Later

On the other hand though, I guess missing out on those wouldn't have mattered that much if Pokeshipping was canon by then anyway...

oh poo, I really wished i was here at the beginning of this thread..im always so late in things -_________-

but I did hear from a number of people that it was in fact Ash and misty's daughter and that was how they were gonna end it and that nitendio themselves confirmed it. I've been trying to look up an interview or article like crazy but sadly no luck :/ and yes we woulda missed those great hints from those episodes :) ugh, I'm seriously excited for the next series though. I know it's toooooooo early for that but I just want to see if that will be the end? will they finally answer our wishes and put brock and misty back? will pokeshipping go very far? haha

This thread has been kinda dead for awhile, where my pokeshippers at?? :)

Well, I don't know.

I guess it'd end Ash's journey per say, but I wouldn't want that then that early. Sure, I wouldn't mind him being replaced in the next series or whatever, however, he did contribute to shape up AG and DP and they'd probably be a bit different without him. Now, I don't know for better or for worse, but I still wouldn't risk it- I loved those series. BW, too- it has some room for improvement, I realise, however I am still passive to it. It's still fun for me. Also, back then, he was too noivce to finish his journey; wasn't that before the Indigo Pokemon League, iirc?
Also, for us Pokeshippers, as a whole, we wouldn't have the Orange Islands or The Power of One.
And, for me, I wouldn't desire Pokeshipping or any shipping I like to become particularly canon. Yes, I'd be pleased, but not overjoyed. I ship a lot- so, Pokeshipping canonity means other ships not becoming canon at all, which is a massive pity- even if I don't necessarily ship those ships; I like the diversity there is in shipping due to the fact nothing is excepted (in the Anime, now) to become canon between anyone in the Main Cast.
Also, some shippings could work out differently as a canon shipping than you'd expect- I read a novel where I shipped two main characters together that I thought would be just great (it wasn't an oobvious one either) and it became canon, to my surprise. But gosh- it left me cold; I felt that one of the characters was going to realise that she loved someone else but it'd be too late from the closing paragraphs and that'd be a canon ship on false hope. Just using that as an example to explain why it could turn out unexpectedly.
If they continued Ash's journey with Misty as a romance- it depends. It would have to very, very dilute of romance for me to stomach it. See, I enjoy shipping in a series that isn't ever going to be romance orientated. It suits me perfectly, and it find it intriguing in interactions between characters that won't develop into a romance. As, sometimes, having romance-filled interactions can be so tedious and tiresome (not saying that non-romantic interactions are always interesting).

In my opinion I feel that pokeshipping becoming canon wouldn't ruin every shipping, just those that include ash. I personally have been studying all the ships(yes i have a life but on days when I have nothing to do ;) ) And came to the conclusion that Ash x Misty make sense, May x Drew make sense, Dawn x Paul make sense. (I got nothin on iris only cuz i dont watch BW x) ) [i'm not trying to bash or drift away from pokeshipping just try to back up why pokeshipping is a ship that makes sense] && also if they were to bring back misty and make pokeshipping canon I really doubt they would be overally romantic. Maybe misty, but the way ash is, I doubt ash would be all that romantic. I was think more along the lines of puppy love here or there. Of course ash and misty's relationship wouldn't be the main area for pokemon cuz its all about pokemon ;) but like i stated before some puppy love would spice things up. like for example: the cartoon adventure time. They show some puppy love and crushes into the show but they dont over do it because it is a kids show.

Last edited:
In my opinion I feel that pokeshipping becoming canon wouldn't ruin every shipping, just those that include ash. I personally have been studying all the ships(yes i have a life but on days when I have nothing to do ;) ) And came to the conclusion that Ash x Misty make sense, May x Drew make sense, Dawn x Paul make sense. (I got nothin on iris only cuz i dont watch BW x) ) [i'm not trying to bash or drift away from pokeshipping just try to back up why pokeshipping is a ship that makes sense] && also if they were to bring back misty and make pokeshipping canon I really doubt they would be overally romantic. Maybe misty, but the way ash is, I doubt ash would be all that romantic. I was think more along the lines of puppy love here or there. Of course ash and misty's relationship wouldn't be the main area for pokemon cuz its all about pokemon ;) but like i stated before some puppy love would spice things up. like for example: the cartoon adventure time. They show some puppy love and crushes into the show but they dont over do it because it is a kids show.

Well, when I was talking about "other ships", I mean by its rival shippings- that includes the Misty ones, as well as the Ash ones. Sorry, didn't make that clear. It's not that a rival ship becoming canon "ruins" another ship (people'll ship a ship regardless of whether it's canon or not), it's just that I like having ships at equal footings in a way. It's pleasant.

Well, when I was talking about "other ships", I mean by its rival shippings- that includes the Misty ones, as well as the Ash ones. Sorry, didn't make that clear. It's not that a rival ship becoming canon "ruins" another ship (people'll ship a ship regardless of whether it's canon or not), it's just that I like having ships at equal footings in a way. It's pleasant.

Ahh i see where you're comin from. I totally forgot the misty ones x)

I don't know if I want pokeshipping canon right away. More than likely, if (and when!) they make it canon it won't be till the end of the whole show, and I love pokemon enough that I reallyreallyreally do not want it to end yet, or even Ash's part to end yet. What I think would be a fine compromise for all pokeshippers would be for Misty to come back (at least have more regular cameos) and there to be more hints. Hints would be lovely :)

What I think would be a fine compromise for all pokeshippers would be for Misty to come back (at least have more regular cameos) and there to be more hints. Hints would be lovely :)

Hmm.. same here. Having Misty return back in the series would at least bring back those good old times together with Ash and his journeys. And perhaps hints will start to grow again. Seeing this would happened is the best thing so far even if it means far from being canon.

Oh I totally forgot! Here's a fanart of Miya's..
When I think about Pokeshipping by =MiyaToriaka on deviantART

If Ash and Misty were on a graduation what thing(s) or anything would Ash/Misty give as a remembrance for Misty/Ash?

I think Ash would give her back the Cascade Badge, and ask her to battle him again, uninterrupted this time. And, in a sense, that battle would be his gift to her.

Oh I'm so glad Miya's still drawing Pokeshipping occasionally! I really like this one - really gives us an insight into the chances of Pokeshipping becoming canon at this current time.

Suddenly I feel the need to "reword" a previous topic, as there're usually good answers for these ones. This one might require a bit of thinking though.

EXCLUDING Seasons 1 and 2, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original Series?

Oh I'm so glad Miya's still drawing Pokeshipping occasionally! I really like this one - really gives us an insight into the chances of Pokeshipping becoming canon at this current time.

Suddenly I feel the need to "reword" a previous topic, as there're usually good answers for these ones. This one might require a bit of thinking though.

EXCLUDING Seasons 1 and 2, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original Series?

Yeah. I'm glad she's back and still making drawing. I'm so happy for her..

Hmm..correct me if I'm wrong about this, Is Dueling Heroes part of Season 2? I guess ''The Perfect Match'' and Dueling Heroes are some of my favorite episodes. I really love seeing them battle and the episode title [the Perfect Match] is kinda catchy. XD
Of course, I really going to say that Gotta Catch Ya Later made me so emotional back then when I was ten. And even now, it's one of my best and favorite hints in the series.

Back
Top Bottom