• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Has Misty appeared since AG134 ("A Real Cleffa-Hanger"?)

Unfortunately no.

Do you think Misty will appear in the anime again?

For appearance i believe she will always have chance to return.
There doesnt exist any reason to stop her from coming back in reality and writers already showed with random returns of Gary,Jessibele or Butch and Cassidy who were absent for years in Sinnoh how unpredictable they can be with older characters and easily make long gone caracters relevant to anime again.
Imo Misty will always have chance to return because of being part of original trio which made pokemon popular in first place,becoming iconic and worldwide recognized. Impact she left on anime and fandom was also huge with many people missing her worldwide so something tells m she is bound to get some recognition eventually.

She has unfinished things in story(like goal of becoming water master),many miss her and i doubt writers will erase her forever from face of earth.As character Misty has enough stamina and potential to even be main character again,as unlikely as that may be.

And if i recall right in interview with ex pokemon director(mr.Hidaka)it was confirmed how Misty will continue to make cameos but its unknown when.He said she could comeback though like May did for some tournament or group meeting her on road somewhere in future.

It would be great seeing her back to main cast again though relieving spirit of older days and doing new things with her, but alas that most likely wont happen. However for appearance i believe Misty might return, not only when pokemon comes to end but sooner than that as well. If older character return in Sinnoh was anything to go by, who were if i may say much less important than Misty was.

p.s.I know this was random drop in, but this question attracted me toward this thread wanting to share my own thoughts about this subject.

@pokemonfan132 I agree.

While the writers understandably have to cater to their newer and much younger audience, most of which have probably never heard of Misty and/or watched any OS episodes, it doesn't make sense that they should completely ostracise the older fanbase, the people who have watched the anime from the very beginning and continue to watch it today. Of course they should still acknowledge their existence, and the best way of doing that would be to include a noticeable element of the Original series in the newer episodes i.e. an appearance from Misty.

Honestly, the slighest glimpse of her or even a mention of her in a BW episode would be enough just to show that they are still aware that the majority of their original fanbase still watch the show and want a bit of that unmistakable spark that the Original series had.
And more importantly, for us Pokeshippers, it would show that the writers haven't given up on the character of Misty and this may light the way to more appearances if Misty's character is popular among the younger audience.

^Ok! So I think possibility of Misty's return might be hard for us to tell. I t maybe less/low percent of chances but I still hope to see her in the anime again. Another topic question everyone, I thought I could blend in with the latter topic:) If Misty would reappear again in the anime and you will assign to make an episode for it, what will it be? Would you give a major role for Pokeshipping?

If Misty appeared in the show I'd rather see her kick butt than get paired up with Ash, honestly. But I certainly wouldn't say no to more pokeshipping hints.

^ I see.
I also like to see her with more battle. I used to think seeing her and Ash battle on a tournament would be nice and cute! Seeing her back with Ash's group seems to bring a lot of good memories. I also wanted to see her arguments with Ash too:)

If Misty would reappear again in the anime and you will assign to make an episode for it, what will it be? Would you give a major role for Pokeshipping?

I think I'd concur with both of you, and say I'd fit in a battle, possibly against Ash. We can see Misty hone her skills, and some romantic interactions at the same time.

dr-nick.png Hi everybody!

I got a really good one today!

Dear Dad... by *Kurumi-Lover on deviantART

thanks! Glad you love them.
Here's another one. This is one of my favorite pokeshipping scene in the anime and I made my drawing version of it. Sleep by ~Uta-Makoto-chan on deviantART

They're quite pleasant. I especially enjoy how you pick out simplistic but cute scenes to draw, due to the fact I feel that moments like those can be very effective in their own right.

So, I haven't visited this thread in a while (2 years!) and I haven't posted anything since then. I made a pledge to myself at the beginning of the year that I would sped more time on this forum (if you don't believe me, check my blog) and visiting and contributing to this particular thread is part of that pledge. Since I missed out on so much in my long absence, I am currently reacquainting myself with the thread and re-working my way through it by reading ALL of the posts again (I'm currently on page 56). Once I make my way through, I am hoping to re-join the discussions of this fabulous couple (and my OTP for Pokemon). I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone here (since most of you probably don't remember me) and that you can expect to see me actively contributing real soon (that is, as work permits).

Also, reading some of the older posts has given me some ideas for a Pokeshippy fanfic. Haven't written any fanfic for the series (unless you count the Christmas contest ones I've done) so this will be a great opportunity for me to reintroduce myself to the thread and to express my love of PokeShipping! Look for it sometime this summer!

Can't wait to join in in your discussions!

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention this but, I just started playing "Pokemon Colosseum" again for the first time in forever and I forgot that I named the characters (you know, Wes and Rui) Ash (when I am forced to play as a male character in a Pokemon game, I always name him Ash) and Misty (she does have reddish/orange hair, after all). I thought you all might like that little tidbit. :)

Last edited:
Welcome back to the PokeShipping thread! I can't wait to read your fanfic!

If Misty would reappear again in the anime and you will assign to make an episode for it, what will it be? Would you give a major role for Pokeshipping?

I'd call it Ash and Misty's Long overdue reunion and will leave what happens in it to everyone's minds :)

Back
Top Bottom