• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Welcome (back) people! Always good to see some fresh faces around these parts.

If Misty would reappear again in the anime and you will assign to make an episode for it, what will it be? Would you give a major role for Pokeshipping?

What kind of pokeshipper would I be if I didn't? It wouldn't be the main point of the episode(s), of course. I would give Misty interesting things to do, but they would inevitable lead to Pokeshipping shenanigans. I think it would be cool to have them do a double battle together. Plenty of opportunities for hints there.

-Passing by!- Oh, so nice to see you guys back in this thread! It's been a long time since I remembered you guys posting here.:)

I got some topic questions here, just in case we run out of topics.
What's the best PokeShipping fanfic you've ever read?
In what ways do you enjoy PokeShipping?

There are so many cute fan arts here :3
May I join in? I have lost my Pokeshipping spirit a long time ago, but I have regained it! :)

What I always find interesting is that Misty is somehow mentioned in every era. She came back for a couple of episodes during the AG era and the Misty's Special Lure was shown in the DP era. All that's left is a mention of her in the BW era!

@firezard: cool fanart!Thanks for sharing it.XD

May I join in? I have lost my Pokeshipping spirit a long time ago, but I have regained it!

What I always find interesting is that Misty is somehow mentioned in every era. She came back for a couple of episodes during the AG era and the Misty's Special Lure was shown in the DP era. All that's left is a mention of her in the BW era!

AW, watericedragon!Glad to see you here! *new members' high five* Of course you can!
That's some sort of interesting for her mention in DP. Although we don't have much news about her in Black and White, I hope to see her again..back in the show..XD

@firezard: cool fanart!Thanks for sharing it.XD

May I join in? I have lost my Pokeshipping spirit a long time ago, but I have regained it!

AW, watericedragon!Glad to see you here! *new members' high five* Of course you can!
That's some sort of interesting for her mention in DP. Although we don't have much news about her in Black and White, I hope to see her again..back in the show..XD
Yeah, I decided that I would be more active here! :embarass:
Expecting Misty to come back in BW has a really low chance of happening. All I'm looking for is at least a mention of her. Anything really ^^; But maybe when Ash is done traveling in Unova, he could meet up with Misty back in Kanto :D

I just realized that Ash had to return back home before even getting in the plane to go to Unova. So maybe off-screen Ash and Misty met up with each other one more time. I don't think Misty would want to see Ash if she had a chance.

I love that thought! Ash meeting up with Misty again would be so nice. I agree, at least a mentioning scene or moment to happened again like the mini Misty lure back then in DP. I remember my expression upon hearing Misty's name lol. I'm becoming nostalgic again...tsk.

Indeed. Her return might be low but our hopes [maybe] seems to keep on moving and goingXD

So, I don't know if it's been said in the almost 400 pages of this thread (I wouldn't know; I'm still trying to read all of the posts on this thread and am currently working my way through page 145) but in reading a lot of the old posts and the comments some have made about wanting Misty to come back in DP briefly, preferably at the end (see? I told you I'm about 1.5 years behind on these posts) or to have some sort of appearance in BW, I have decided a few things:

1. As much as I would love for Misty to make a reappearance on the show, I want it to be for the right reasons. I don't want her to be forced into an episode just for the sake of an appearance. I want her return, even if it is a brief cameo, to be justified. I don't want to see her return for a "filler" episode just to appease the mass of PokeShippers clamoring for her return. As much as I enjoyed seeing her back in the Hoenn saga with the Mirage Kingdom arc, I really felt there was no need for her to be there. Sure, she had a Togepi and that detail was central to the overall plot of the two episodes. But why did we need those two episodes in the first place? The story could have continued on without that storyline. In fact, to my knowledge, it has never been mentioned again (the only time it would cause a conflict in the canon would be in the Chronicles episodes where Misty has her Azurill instead of Togepi, but I feel like that detail was only introduced to justify getting rid of Togepi, who wouldn't have had to go if they never had those two episodes in the first place). If these episodes were going to be mentioned again, I could see their purpose. But at this point in time and with the show now being two regions removed from Hoenn, I see no point in having them in the first place. I don't want to have the same feeling for any eventual return for Misty either. If Misty was going to return, it would have to be for a reason and/or for a longer period of time (such as Brock's sudden coming back in both Hoenn and Sinnoh where he came part of the way into the new region (earlier in Sinnoh than Hoenn) and stayed for the remainder of the region).

All of this can be said for the "mini-movie" The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon (I think that was it's title).

2. I believe that Misty's absence makes the possibility of PokeShipping stronger, not weaker. After all, absence makes the heart grow stronger and if Misty wasn't there all the time (especially now since Brock is also absent from the Unova saga), it could possibly make Ash think more about her and how much he misses her. He might originally think of her when he thinks of Brock (as they were all traveling pals when Ash first set out), but, as time goes by, he thinks of her more and more as a separate entity from Brock until he realizes how much he actually misses just her and not just because she was an old traveling buddy. This could ultimately lead to a realization of his feelings towards her, feelings which he might never have realized had he never had a chance to be separated from her. By not appearing in between DP and BW, Ash's feelings towards Misty have never had a chance to stagnate. By this I mean that he never realizes how much he truly misses her because she does come back for brief cameos either during his travels (like in the Mirage Kingdom episodes) or in between journeys. Not seeing her (in person at least, because sometimes I like to think that he does talk/write to her when he's gone) for a long while increases the feeling of loss he feels by not being with her. And, with Unova being so far away, the separation and the feelings it brings, just makes him all the more aware of his true feelings for the redhead.

You could argue and say that he had been separated from her for long periods of time before when traveling between different regions and I would say true, but consider this: the regions of Gen I - IV are all based, at least partially, on various regions of Japan whereas Unova is based on New York City. With this being the case, being on opposite sides of the "country" (if Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all considered part of the same country like their real-world counterparts) is different than being on opposite sides of the world. It is a lot easier to miss someone who is on the other side of the world rather than the other side of the "country", especially considering how small that "country" may be (if we base it on the relatively small nation of Japan). Therefore, the extended period of time between physically reuniting with Misty and the great distance caused by them being on opposite sides of the world have increased Ash's desire to see her and have unleashed the hidden emotions he has always harbored for her.

With both of these thoughts in mind, I feel like a Misty cameo would do nothing to achieve what we PokeShippers hope for: a confirmation (or at least an acknowledgement of) the relationship between Ash and Misty. The unlikely cameo, no matter how much we wish for it, is better left unwritten and unaired as it will serve no useful purpose for her development as a character and their development as a couple.

Whew. I think that's it. That's a lot more than I was planning on writing. Hopefully it all makes sense to you guys.

1. As much as I would love for Misty to make a reappearance on the show, I want it to be for the right reasons. I don't want her to be forced into an episode just for the sake of an appearance. I want her return, even if it is a brief cameo, to be justified. I don't want to see her return for a "filler" episode just to appease the mass of PokeShippers clamoring for her return. As much as I enjoyed seeing her back in the Hoenn saga with the Mirage Kingdom arc, I really felt there was no need for her to be there. Sure, she had a Togepi and that detail was central to the overall plot of the two episodes. But why did we need those two episodes in the first place?

I believe purpose behind this cameo was in giving one plot of Misty story(Togepi)some sort of conclusion which can be annotated as character development, because it made Misty realize how its time to let it go understanding how its place is in Togepi paradise guarding over them no matter how hard this my have been for both.

It also gave some update to fans being follow up. To be fair since this was Togepi closure, it wasn't needed to mention it again. It would have perhaps make sense to mention it if she played part in Dawn getting Togekiss, but that ship already sailed away. and besides we didn't seen Misty much since than(other than Pallet reunion)so lack of appearance is to blame as well.

If Misty was going to return, it would have to be for a reason and/or for a longer period of time (such as Brock's sudden coming back in both Hoenn and Sinnoh where he came part of the way into the new region (earlier in Sinnoh than Hoenn) and stayed for the remainder of the region).

Fully agree on coming back for longer period of time. Coming for one to two episodes and than disappearing for several years doesn't do much and is rather counterproductive both toward character and shipping as well. Now if Misty came back for significantly longer period of time with writers creating story arc through which comeback would have her gain something from it would not only be beneficial for character but shippers as well. Since it would allow to build up on possible relationship with there existing opportunity to continue on with hints considering how Misty would again be part of Ash life existing within show.

One of plausible vectors through which writers could return her, would be in expanding on her water master goal making sense to leave gym and travel to grow stronger since gym isn't enough. Similar like Wallace, Cilan, Fantina and many others do.

But perhaps even better way to make Misty relevant again and bring something positive for pokeshipping would be in trying becoming E4 member tying her quest directly into it(she wanted to become best water trainer and E4 are best one type trainers in world) and introducing tasks or evaluators she would need to pass to determine if she has potential for such thing. Aside from giving her some quality development,with such move writers could make Misty becoming important to Ash story since his goal involves battling E4 opening doors for possible conflict and unexpected situation in which two persons would find themselves having to find way to overcome this.
On other words be like test to their tolerance and current friendship.

All of this can be said for the "mini-movie" The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon (I think that was it's title).

Personally i didn't had problems with it, making sense to reunite all Ash friends for 10th anniversary doing something special. It was fun to see them all at on place

With both of these thoughts in mind, I feel like a Misty cameo would do nothing to achieve what we PokeShippers hope for: a confirmation (or at least an acknowledgement of) the relationship between Ash and Misty. The unlikely cameo, no matter how much we wish for it, is better left unwritten and unaired as it will serve no useful purpose for her development as a character and their development as a couple.

On other hand though, its been very long since we saw Misty and it would be unfair toward character and fans to never see her again. She has great character, potential to offer more , unfinished things in story and some update would be appreciated. After all development cant be achieved if character never returns.

I believe i should also say what is my stance on whole AshxMisty pairing. In reality ships never interested me much and i was never particularly interested in them, but i cant deny how Misty seemed to have romantic affection toward Ash which was never returned back due to his character being dense and several episodes in OS like "Tower of Terror", "Pokeball Perill", "Misty Meets Her Match", "Heartbreak of Brock" , "Love, Pokemon Style"etc made it out rather obvious how Misty indeed feels something more than friendship . Heck even after she left cast writers still threw in some hints or and even after she left cast you could see some hints of it.Like that episode "A Date with Delcatty"where Misty refused to go on date because of there apparently being someone else(her original dialogue from Japanese version,dub edited it out) giving ambiguous meaning.

Out of all girls i think she left biggest impact on Ash character helping him to grow as trainer and providing good moral support, often serving as push forward with their competing against each other which was positive for Ash growth. So while im not shipper, i will admit how out of all characters Ash seems like best choice for her.

So, I think a new topic is in order.

Do you think Ash realizes his feelings for Misty? Do you even think he has feelings for Misty?

This is something I've been wondering about, personally. My envisioning is that he does realize his feelings, that he realizes either around late Johto or early AG, but my envisioning relies on them aging... which they aren't supposed to do. Though I like the version I've concocted in my mind, I do wonder what the reality (canon? reality?) of the situation is. So what do you guys think?

I think that Ash did diffidently realize it, but he must have lost those feelings when he met May and Dawn. It's not that he doesn't love her, it's that he's stuck in the center of a love triangle. He still loves Misty the most though.

Do you think Ash realizes his feelings for Misty? Do you even think he has feelings for Misty?

Not sure but I guess he even realized it a little..Maybe not as a lover but maybe if it means as a friend. Ash gives so much focussed on his battles and pokemon, but I still see a small spot on him when he cares for his friends, also for Misty. It could be hard to guess but there could be a possibility, with low chances..

He has some feelings for her, he's just not sure what those feelings are.

Someday, I imagine that those feelings may get stronger, but he'll probably still be clueless as to what those feelings mean.

Someday, I imagine that those feelings may get stronger, but he'll probably still be clueless as to what those feelings mean.

Indeed. I can see that.XD There's still possibilities but far from being canon..that is only my opinion.

Not yet, anyways. I think it'd be a long time until he realises. As a shipper who likes this shipping due to a potential mutual love, I suppose I do. They may be subconscious little feelings, or feelings mistaken for a cordial manner.
I quite like the idea of him being oblivious to it, strangely enough.

No. Hes young and considering he hasn't matured much in personality, I don't think he realizes them. But supposing he age, I do believe he would. After all, thats what happened to me.

Yes. I agree. I think he's clueless-ness could not lead for being canon. I guess his love for pokemons and battle would be his place but I believe, he'll realize it but far to show in the aime right now.XD

--
btw, did you guys saw the trailer of Miya's FAITH artwork?

btw, did you guys saw the trailer of Miya's FAITH artwork?

I haven't seen it. I'll have to check it out later.

Hmmm.... I just noticed that there hasn't been any post here in almost a week unacceptable!
I think it's time for a new topic:

If Pokeshipping does becomes canon, how do you think it would happen?

I would tell you what I think, but then my fanfic would be spoiled. :-D

Hi guys! Its been a looooooong time since I've posted. That's probably not a good thing. You know, with Spring Break, exams, prom and whatnot, I've been busy. Nobody cares about that however, so I will now get back on topic.

If Pokeshipping does becomes canon, how do you think it would happen?

Well how I would want it to happen and how it probably will happen are quite different. How I'd want it to happen would involve a long build up with many hints with Misty in the series and a confession at Cerulean Cape at sunset. There would also be a small arc involving them as adults with their children.

How I think it would actually happen? A scene at the very end of the series showing Ash, Misty, and their child. No build up at all and probably just a cop-out ending.

Back
Top Bottom