• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Oh I know it's not a topic. I just wanted to ask, and if that actually did happen, the other person wins. I'm on the PokéShipping side obviously. I wanted to see if that's true 'cause I can't Google it.

The way you said that sort of got me thinking that you were thinking of how "interesting" that Tracey got a mention. Why is that?

Tracey having a mention in BW is some sort of interesting which could hopefully happened with other characters, I'm not quite sure but if Tracey got a mention why not others including Misty right? But it is still nice to hear her name through Ash..XD

Oh.. that makes sense.

Ugh will the writers mention her already! :p If they do, I think people that used to be PokéShippers will become PokéShippers again since they randomly mentioned her for no reason. And if their are more PokéShippers (even if they're already is [at least from my research I've seen there is]) then that will get the writers to make PokéShipping canon for the fans. Well, not 100% sure, but I can dream, eh? xD

Why is it such a big deal if she's mentioned though? She was brought up in one DP episode because of the lure but nothing ever came from it.

Usually the writers don't bring up old main characters except very rare circumstances. Ash doesn't seem to have taken the lure with him to Unova, which is why he didn't use it in that episode where Cilan and the gang went fishing.

Because being mentioned is very rare, like you stated. And if she's mentioned, it sort of (not exactly) means that they are trying to keep the character known, or something close to that.

Well, technically, she was mentioned already in BW. There was a picture of Ash, Misty and Brock (with Misty arguably as the most prominent feature) on Brock's wall in the episode where they show Brock back at his home. I guess if you mean Ash verbally acknowledging her existence, then no, but I'd say that BW has acknowledged Misty.

The way you said that sort of got me thinking that you were thinking of how "interesting" that Tracey got a mention. Why is that?

Hey guys, I just read that May and Ash have blushed over each other before. I'm not sure if it's true. Can someone tell me if it is please? :)

I was just thinking that it was interesting that they chose Tracey to mention. It doesn't seem that they have any reason to mention him. Maybe they felt the need to give him a head nod since he wasn't in the aforementioned picture (there were also pictures with May, Max, and Dawn, Tracey being the only lead character who wasn't featured).

Spoiler'd for potential off-topicness:
As for the Advanceshipping thing, I'd look it up on Bulbapedia (whoever told you that was probably referring to the tag battle episode, due to its similarity to Pokeball Peril, though I don't recall any blushing). Shipping pages list the hints.

Ash doesn't seem to have taken the lure with him to Unova, which is why he didn't use it in that episode where Cilan and the gang went fishing.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that. He could have just not used it. The lure bit in DP could have scared him out of using it. Then again, I can't exactly assume he brought it either.

Last edited:
Usually the writers don't bring up old main characters except very rare circumstances. Ash doesn't seem to have taken the lure with him to Unova, which is why he didn't use it in that episode where Cilan and the gang went fishing.

Small things may come in a big way..Mentioning names and stuffs are a bit rare.. having Misty in Unova might be impossible to tell..I don't know it either.. this is only me lol.
It was a total episode failure for the lure. That's the disappointed fact, It's still the writers decision to put up old characters again XD It's not that so sure if he does have the lure in Unova or not...no one can tell for now..

having Misty in Unova might be impossible to tell..I don't know it either.. this is only me lol.

Well, with the rumor going around that all of the gym leaders (including Misty) are going to be in BW2 (in a battle facility or tournament, something like that), it's possible that they could write that into the anime and have Misty make an appearance. I'm hoping anyway! :lol:

Okay, I wanted to start another topic and thought of this (I don't know if it has been already brought up, if it has, then forget it xD)

Why or why not do you think PokéShipping is canon?

Well, I think that it may be slightly canon on Misty's side. I believe that Misty has some feelings for Ash.

As for Ash... *sigh* Poor Ash, still too young to know what love is. Definitely not canon for Ash.

Though its one-sided and Ash being clueless when it comes to love..I think the ''being canon'' thing would be far to happened in the anime this days..XD

*add later

Well, I think that it may be slightly canon on Misty's side. I believe that Misty has some feelings for Ash.

As for Ash... *sigh* Poor Ash, still too young to know what love is. Definitely not canon for Ash.

Yeah, he does seem pretty dense on anything related to romance, but that's just because he's young. But Ash has shown attraction to Misty. And the fact she was the most mentioned character in the series seems to show the writers are thinking of doing something with Misty's character. If she is mentioned again in Unova, then I think they are doing something with her character for sure. But anyway, I have a 60/40 possibility of PokéShipping becoming canon (60%=will become canon). It would be a pretty douche move to give us so many hints and so many reasons for PokéShipping to happen.. and not let it happen. But, I would still understand why. BUT (I said this like 50 times, I know), I have some understanding reasons to why I support PokéShipping. I use this list a lot, and it usually brings my point across.

MAIN reasons why I support PokéShipping-

1- The hints were more vivid. Advance, Pearl, and the newest, NegaiShipping don't really prove to have vivid hints. They seemed too friendly and brotherly/sisterly, while Ash and Misty got jealous and either got angry and/or blushed when someone would imply they were a couple.

2- "...however the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings." (Source: Shipping:pokéShipping - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia , under Anime Evidence). The writers ONLY said this about PokéShipping, and not in Pearl or Advance or NegaiShipping.

3- The goodbye of Ash, Misty, and Brock was the only good-bye Ash ever really showed sad emotion to. He never really looked sad when he was leaving May and Dawn. He seemed like himself.

4- Misty gave a couple of things to Ash (the handkerchief and lure) and in the episode "Buizel Your Way Out of This!" he seemed very protective of the lure and did not let Dawn use it. He also introduced the handkerchief in one AG episode (I have no idea which one). The creators didn’t have to show those 2 things for no reason.

5- Pikachu is one of the reasons why I support PokéShipping so much. Pikachu always had an instant liking toward Misty, and would always be excited to see her (like in “The Right Place and the Right Mime”). I recall Prof. Oak saying that a Pokémon expresses feelings of the trainer towards the other person. (Also, in the episode "Water Flowers of Cerulean", Pikachu does not want to battle Misty because he likes Misty too much, which I personally loved).

Here are a few videos to help my case- In Defense of PokéShipping: Part 1 - YouTube ;
In Defense of PokéShipping: Part 2 - YouTube

My list of reasons why xD
Always like this list. How about you guys? What do you think of it?

3- The goodbye of Ash, Misty, and Brock was the only good-bye Ash ever really showed sad emotion to. He never really looked sad when he was leaving May and Dawn. He seemed like himself.

I must say, every goodbyes has its emotional sides but I can totally see Ash [most] emotional in his departure with Misty [and Brock]. He almost about to cry when his knows he and his friends are going to separate ways..*sniffs* GYCL..I love that episode..

Such a sad one, eh? And a question I wanted to ask you guys (not a topic, just a quick question):

Why or why not do you think PokéShipping will happen?

I'm really 60/40 (60= will happen) on this. 40% 'cause it's a kids show AND were not exactly sure if she'll be back.. and 60% because the hints were very obvious, and the only ones I thought of in a romantic sense.

Why or why not do you think PokéShipping will happen?

Well, I'm inclined to agree with the 60-40 sentiment, for the same reasons as Metallicax3. I especially agreed with the "it would be a pretty douche move" sentiment. I lol'd.

As to whether I think it's canon? It really depends on your definition of canon. Typically, if a ship is canon, it is or has been an actual relationship on the show, or if the subjects feelings for each other are the main subject of the show. But I obviously know what you mean by it (i.e. that the writers intend that they have feelings for each other). I think there's a good body of evidence, and sufficient reason to think that they at least intended for them to have feelings of some form for each other.

If Misty appears in Black and White II, I think there's a good chance that we may get to see her again in the show. Maybe alongside Brock and/or Gary. Maybe this is wishful thinking, idk. Or maybe I've been off of these forums and the Pokemon fandom for too long to know what's going on. XD I really hope I don't get banned/look like an idiot for bringing up the corocoro magazine. Is that even a leak? Are they even legit? I need to catch up, I'm sorry. :p

If they are true, then I'm mad Dawn gets to come back instead, but there could be hope for Misty yet. :p

Dawn and Cynthia are back!!! I hope to see other old characters as well as Misty..It would be nice to see her again in BW2. its interesting to see Dawn and Misty met up..:). It would be nice to also see Misty cheering Ash on a tournament in Unova..XD

*coughs* Made a banner:(I am so random these days..sorry!)
aamllettingmego.jpg

If Misty appears in Black and White II, I think there's a good chance that we may get to see her again in the show. Maybe alongside Brock and/or Gary. Maybe this is wishful thinking, idk. Or maybe I've been off of these forums and the Pokemon fandom for too long to know what's going on. XD I really hope I don't get banned/look like an idiot for bringing up the corocoro magazine. Is that even a leak? Are they even legit? I need to catch up, I'm sorry. :p

If they are true, then I'm mad Dawn gets to come back instead, but there could be hope for Misty yet. :p

Why do you think there is a good chance? Is it a feeling or do you have a reason?

Back
Top Bottom