• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Not really. Most modern viewers are indifferent to Brock's departure and Misty remained gone in the first place for the same reason. The original trio is not why people watch Pokemon. If that were the case the show could have never gone on for 10 years without it.

Actually, I've seen a lot of people saying that they continued to watch Pokémon because Brock was there. And I messed up with the modern viewers thing. Most ORIGINAL viewers miss Brock. That dropped the scales for views. But what people loved about the trio is really how that trio was the original (obviously) and also Team Rocket were not so serious in the beginning. A lot of people miss how when the original trio was there, it was more adventure and random things in the way and then they save the day and Team Rocket blasts off (again). It never really gets old. Now they are all bad-ass (but not in a good way) and stole Pikachu. And it worked (but Ash obviously went and got it back). So I guess people really miss the immaturity and how fun (and it actually used to be a bit funny) and care-free it was. It's all business now.

Are you joking? People didn't continue watching because Brock was still there, they watched because they enjoy the show. Misty and Brock aren't any more popular than May, Dawn, Iris or Cilan. Most people aren't obsessed with the original trio.

That's why Pokeshipping was largely left on the sidelines, the writers saw no reason to focus on it much anymore.

No, I've seen a lot of viewers actually say they don't like the new series. But they watch it anyway. Maybe because it was Cilan and Iris. Honestly, they seemed a lot like Brock and Misty (Cilan the cook, and Iris just seemed like her). I like those characters, but Team Rocket just ruined everything for me really. I got bored easily with them. But I still enjoy and support RocketShipping. But anyway, I actually wanted to ask someone if the new generation is just a reboot of everything, since that's what I heard. Is that true? Anyone know?

No it's not a reboot. Pokeshipping was left on the side because the writers knew they were never bringing Misty back anyway, so why focus on a ship when one half of it has been gone for 10 years?

And I don't know why you're basing a few people's opinions on BW as everyone. The show has remained a relatively consistent quality since the end of the tedious Johto arc which is why people continue to watch year after year. People stop watching because they became adults and went to College and moved on.

Pokeshipping is largely a plotline from nearly 15 years ago after all.

I wasn't talking about PokéShipping... I was talking about the games and anime itself. Gliscor'd, I'm not really in the mood to start a whole debate, since I actually have to fall a sleep soon, so all I'm asking is if the games and anime are just a reboot of the whole thing. That's it.

OK. But the games and anime are still hugely successful.

Takeshi Shudo did call Misty the least justified main character at the time. It's why she was the shortest lived classic Kanto character of the show. If the other writers saw differently, they probably would have reversed his decision after he left, but they didn't.

Pokeshipping got closure in AG more or less as it would be her final appearances in the show to date.

Hello again everyone. It seems I've been away for quite a while - I hope I haven't missed any good topics.

I did however hear about the whole 'gym leaders appearing in BW2' thing from somewhere else, and I think it's easily the best chance we've had in about 2 years of Misty reappearing in the anime. Admittedly I do think the chances are still pretty slim; they might skip or change that whole tournament in Best Wishes, but despite that, the fact that they've used hers and Brock's artwork to promote the new games shows that they haven't forgotten about her character (even though they obviously didn't think of this tournament just to get her back in the games). Also, this artwork could introduce a new fondness of Misty's character in younger viewers who've never seen/heard of Misty before, and if her popularity were to suddenly increase, who knows, we might see her in the anime yet.

Last edited:
I'm not waiting for episode cameos (it's not impossible - just very unlikely imo) but... Perhaps Misty (and the other girls) will have a cameo in the new opening for Be an Arrow? Something subtle but cute like the Queen of Hearts card in Spurt! would be quite nice.

Im still hoping for her to be in an episode cuz it would totally fit b/c of the tournament. But if we dont it would be nice to have her cameo in the intro :) i love that queen of hearts card cameo that sato-chan mentioned :) cuz not only does it give her a cameo but it also gives proof beyond any reasonable doubt that there is a romantic connection between ash and misty :)

Im still hoping for her to be in an episode cuz it would totally fit b/c of the tournament. But if we dont it would be nice to have her cameo in the intro :) i love that queen of hearts card cameo that sato-chan mentioned :) cuz not only does it give her a cameo but it also gives proof beyond any reasonable doubt that there is a romantic connection between ash and misty :)

Hearts are generally considered feminine,so its no surprise Misty would be on a hearts card. I wouldn't look too much into that.

Hearts are generally considered feminine,so its no surprise Misty would be on a hearts card. I wouldn't look too much into that.

well arent you just the little wet blanket :p i see your point but i stand firm on the subject. cuz they didnt hafta do the card thing at all, but when they did they made a point to make the card like that. and if u think about it when a boy is young, his mom is the most important woman in his life--that is until he falls in love and/or gets married--in which case his new mate becomes the "queen of his heart." but alas, at this point since ash is still young, moms on the top and mistys on the bottom--which isnt a bad thing, cuz shes still on the card and it still shows shes in his heart. sore wa machigaenai yo, jijitsu dakara :)

Misty and Delia were the only older female characters at the time though, remember May was still a main character and Dawn and Iris didn't even exist yet.

So to see two older females placed together wasn't exactly surprising. They could have chosen a hearts card for any number of reasons, its just that hearts are more feminine than spades or clubs or whatever.

Misty and Delia were the only older female characters at the time though, remember May was still a main character and Dawn and Iris didn't even exist yet.

So to see two older females placed together wasn't exactly surprising. They could have chosen a hearts card for any number of reasons, its just that hearts are more feminine than spades or clubs or whatever.

You speak as if this is the only piece of evidence Pokeshippers have. It's true that only a few of us see some significance in Spurt!, but we still have probably a much more solid base than the other Ash ships, and possibly all of the ships in general (with the exception of maybe Contestshipping). We have a whole season pretty much devoted to it (including Pokemon 2000), and the Indigo League isn't exactly sparse hints-wise either, so it's not overly important if this one hint is valid or not.

You speak as if this is the only piece of evidence Pokeshippers have. It's true that only a few of us see some significance in Spurt!, but we still have probably a much more solid base than the other Ash ships, and possibly all of the ships in general (with the exception of maybe Contestshipping). We have a whole season pretty much devoted to it (including Pokemon 2000), and the Indigo League isn't exactly sparse hints-wise either, so it's not overly important if this one hint is valid or not.

Exactly. Pokéshippers have a heck of a lot going for them in terms of evidence and I am getting tired of people acting like there's nothing to substantiate the couple and trying to invalidate it.

I'm not waiting for episode cameos (it's not impossible - just very unlikely imo) but... Perhaps Misty (and the other girls) will have a cameo in the new opening for Be an Arrow? Something subtle but cute like the Queen of Hearts card in Spurt! would be quite nice.

Yeah,At least an opening or ending would do.. The Queen of Hearts and the one from Diamond and Pearl opening..I do remember that..

Actually, don't you think it's kind of cool/weird/awesome that Misty seems like the most mentioned PokéGirl out of the other two (talking about May and Dawn, since they both left). She had most cameos, 4 episodes in the Pokémon Chronicles, had the Misty's lure moment, and is now back in the games. Pretty cool, huh? But that could just mean that a lot of people like Misty, so it doesn't have to be anything shippy related.

Back
Top Bottom