• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I got a new topic that I consider better than the last one, but still use it (I wish many people were still here, but oh well.) What's your favorite PokéShipping fanfic?

I like several chapters of AAML DP (not a lot, but some), and that fanfic about Ash catching almost all the Pokémon in the Pokédex, and Misty comes around while Brock goes to Sinnoh.

Weird thing to note about: back around in 2000, there were barely any PokéShipping fanfics on ff.net (It maybe was not well known at the time), but as time passed on, there were more PokéShipping fanfics.

Again, it maybe was not well known at the time. It got more popular around 2005 to 2008, I guess. FF.net, I mean.

I got a new topic that I consider better than the last one, but still use it (I wish many people were still here, but oh well.) What's your favorite PokéShipping fanfic?

I don't really have a favorite PokéShipping fanfic that I like above all others. I have a lot that I enjoy reading though. I won't list them all here because I'm lazy. An example would be the story "Anything That Can Go Wrong". Hilarious, sweet, and the fact that it's from Ash's point of view makes it a really fun read.

What's your favorite PokéShipping fanfic?

"Cavern of a Million Colours" by Eeveebeth Fejvu is AMAZING. It's exactly like an episode of the anime (albeit a long one) but don't let the length of it put you off. It's incredibly addicting once you start to read it, and the Pokeshipping moments are so detailed and so backed up with hints from the OS.

I haven't posted here for a while....

So a rec list!

It's Her Party, and She'll Cry If I Mess It Up Chapter 1: She Comes Like a Lion, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction

Summary: Helter-skelter erupts when Ash plans the "perfect birthday party" for Misty. Pokemon run amuck, Team Rocket crashes the party…it's a mess only Ash could get into. Can Ash face Misty when he literally destroys her party?

Comment: This is my favorite Pokeshipping fanfic. EVERYONE is in character and it has a feel of an actual Pokemon episode!

A New Journey Chapter 1: The Sinnoh Champion, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction

Summary: Ash has just become the Sinnoh Pokemon Champion, and now Cynthia has given him a strange box with surprising instructions that will put his skills as a trainer to the test, but as he brings together the old team, new feelings surface.

Comment: It tends to drag on a bit but it's still one of my favorite fics. It has action and some romance!

Hey, guys :) I haven't been on for a while, since I'm on summer vacation, and Internet/Wireless is pretty scarce here, so I won't be on a lot.

Anyway, I have a topic:

Do the AshxMisty pairing remind you of another pairing? (Can be from another anime, a random show, a book, things like that)

Do the AshxMisty pairing remind you of another pairing? (Can be from another anime, a random show, a book, things like that)
Tyson & Hilary from Beyblade V-Force/G-Revolution. I heard someone say once that if you support Ash/Misty, you have to support Tyson/Hilary too because the pairing dynamics are nearly identical. In fact, one of my stories is centered around that very concept.

Favorite fanfics? I'm going to have to go with an unconventional answer. It was one I read way back in the day. Probably around '01 or '02. I can't remember the author or the title, but it was one of the first fics I'd ever read and it really struck a chord with me. It was a Christmas story, loosely based off of the song "Pokemon Christmas Bash," the one where Misty says "just give me one dance with Ash." But the basic plot was that Misty promised herself at a Christmas party at Professor Oak's that at midnight that night she would tell Ash how she felt. Then a huge blizzard blows in and the power goes out, and Ash takes it upon himself to go to the power plant and fix it. Misty adamantly makes him promise that he'll return by midnight and he swears to do so, but on his way back he gets lost in the snow and has the misfortune of meeting Jigglypuff, whose pen has run out of ink. So he gets back the next morning to a furious Misty, and tries to convince her that Jigglypuff put him and his Pokemon to sleep, but she doesn't believe him as he has no ink on his face. So the teen angst ensues (being an angsty preteen at the time, I ate this up). Then Ash gets all romantical and makes it up to Misty somehow and she confesses her feelings and he confesses back and then all is happy in the kingdom.

I went back and re-read it awhile ago and it wasn't the greatest thing ever written but I still felt that warm fuzzy feeling inside, so I'm going to say that that one is my favorite.

I never was very good at this kind of topic. I'm just going to have to agree with the judgments of everyone else.

Favorite fanfics? Hmm, since I just got into reading those my favorites right now are called "Misty Returns to Diamond & Pearl" & "Cavern Of A Million Colors" the former is about the authors version of what'd happen if Misty came to Diamond and Pearl. This has Ash Misty Brock & Dawn. The latter takes place in Hoenn as Ash goes to get his sixth badge! Ash, Misty, Brock, May, and Max, are journeying to the next town for Ash's sixth gym battle. They stop for the night on Route 119 (you can find all places on an actual Hoenn map). The group decides to play a game, but when they get separated, trouble starts. Ash and Misty unintentionally fall down into a hole, but no one saw where they went. I really recommend both these fics they're adorable!

Inuyasha and Kagome from Inuyasha. They have the love/hate thing going on like Ash and Misty. I think if pokemon was aimed at an older demographic, Ash and Misty would probably act like Inuyasha and Kagome.

Stopping by to post a banner..:)
smilewithyou.jpg

Okay, I have a topic, but I'm going to say something before it to sort of let you guys understand the topic better.

So, most non-PokéShippers will say that Ash/Misty seem to be more like brother and sister. They would say that they tease each other like a brother and sister would. Now, the topic is-

How does Ash and Misty's teasing seem like 10-year-old-crushes kind of teasing instead of brother/sister kind of teasing?

Favorite fanfic
Um, I really liked this one called "Sensational". Mm gurl that was steamy! It's rated M though ahaha. And Misty Returns to DiamondandPearl! There was also one fanfic that I can't remember the name of right now. All I remember was that it was so good, I couldn't put my iPod down even to eat. My eyes just surged through every word as if my life depended on it.
How does Ash and Misty's teasing seem like 10 year old crushes kind of teasing instead of brother/sister kind of teasing?
I've teased my sister a ton of times. And it isn't like Ash/Misty teasing. Sure, Misty had the mallet for a few times, but with my sis, it went all out. There were knives, ladles, frying pans, pulling of hair, biting, kicking, punching, black eyes, tripping, throwing shoes, throwing trash cans, etc... I mean at first our teasing were okay, but things just go way too violent in the end lol. I mean not everyone teases their sibling like that and have it end up in catastrophe, but that's kinda how I sifted Ash/Misty teasings away from brother/sister. :p

Favorite fanfic
Um, I really liked this one called "Sensational". Mm gurl that was steamy! It's rated M though ahaha. And Misty Returns to DiamondandPearl! There was also one fanfic that I can't remember the name of right now. All I remember was that it was so good, I couldn't put my iPod down even to eat. My eyes just surged through every word as if my life depended on it.
How does Ash and Misty's teasing seem like 10 year old crushes kind of teasing instead of brother/sister kind of teasing?
I've teased my sister a ton of times. And it isn't like Ash/Misty teasing. Sure, Misty had the mallet for a few times, but with my sis, it went all out. There were knives, ladles, frying pans, pulling of hair, biting, kicking, punching, black eyes, tripping, throwing shoes, throwing trash cans, etc... I mean at first our teasing were okay, but things just go way too violent in the end lol. I mean not everyone teases their sibling like that and have it end up in catastrophe, but that's kinda how I sifted Ash/Misty teasings away from brother/sister. :p

Haha, that reminds me of my brother and I during our "teasing". And, by the way, love the Draco Malfoy sig.

Anyway, back to topic. I was wondering, in the episode Forest Grumps, when Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, and Meowth finally all come back together, what do you think of the moment where Ash and Misty's reunion was only focused on them, and the camera only shows their faces and they both say each others names in joy? Do you think of it as a PokéShipping hint or not? If so, why and how big of a hint? If not, why?

randomuniq said:
Favorite fanfic
Um, I really liked this one called "Sensational".

me too. "Sensational" was great for a M fanfic. =]. I've read it twice :p

I have a brother and....lol. Both of us are fighting (slaps, punch, insults, kicks....) but it's not nasty ( no blood ^^). I like to belittle him, to tell him something bad ( but I don't mean it^^).. In fact, I love my brother but I like to annoy him (often) >.>. It's because he responds so, it's funny :p

I think it's more violent that the Kasumi/Satoshi teasing. (Seriously, they aren't bickering that often in fact (not in every episode))

Metallicax3 said:
Anyway, back to topic. I was wondering, in the episode Forest Grumps, when Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, and Meowth finally all come back together, what do you think of the moment where Ash and Misty's reunion was only focused on them, and the camera only shows their faces and they both say each others names in joy? Do you think of it as a PokéShipping hint or not? If so, why and how big of a hint? If not, why?

I'll say yes because if I remember, Kasumi was with Kojiro & Nyarth and Satoshi was with Musashi & Takeshi. We never see Kojiro and Musashi faces when they met nor Takeshi. it seems as if they were the two most important persons

Else I think it's because somehow they (Satoshi & Kasumi) were the leader of their little group. Or not... ^^

Anyway, it's a little hint =]

Haha, that reminds me of my brother and I during our "teasing". And, by the way, love the Draco Malfoy sig.

Thank you :) I love it too! I stole it from someone though, can't remember who...
Back to the topic!! (I wrote this a minute ago then tried to reply, but then realized I wasn't logged in. Omg). I agree with R&T. James, Brock, Jessie, and Meowth were there along with Ash and Misty and James and Meowth lost Jessie, so wouldn't James and Jessie be running towards each other like that also? And with Brock, he should be running towards Misty also, happy that they met up with their temperamental friend again. :) But I do realize that Brock is the mature, level-headed one, so to demonstrate that character, he's calm and collected.
I think it's a pretty small hint, but still cute. Misty Meets Her Match was what I would consider big haha.
Soo I'm a newbie here sorry if I just creeped in the conversation!

Soo I'm a newbie here sorry if I just creeped in the conversation!

You're more than welcome to join the conversation! There wasn't much going on anyway so it's always good to hear more opinions on the topics.

Anyway, back to topic. I was wondering, in the episode Forest Grumps, when Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, and Meowth finally all come back together, what do you think of the moment where Ash and Misty's reunion was only focused on them, and the camera only shows their faces and they both say each others names in joy? Do you think of it as a PokéShipping hint or not? If so, why and how big of a hint?If not, why?

Yeah, I've always considered that a hint. I also thought it was nice just after that scene when Misty admitted she'd missed Ash (no mention of Brock, haha).

Hello people, new here but im a supporter of pokeshipping so here i am. :)

Anyways about the whole reunion in "Forest grumps", I always felt like that was meant to be a hint but i think the scene after that was a bigger hint.

Ash: "anyways its good to have you back misty"

Misty: "believe me its good to be back, i missed ya." Just the way she said it kinda looked like a hint to me.

Welcome to all those who are new! Always a pleasure to welcome new people.

I too agree on "Forrest Grumps." It's a decent hint, not too ground-breaking, and it's cute to watch. A nice "D'AWWW! They miss each other! How cuuuute!" sort of thing (not that I ever do anything like that...).

Well, from my own experience, it's nothing like a brother/sister kind of thing. My sister and I hardly ever teased each other. We get along really well, actually. I think Ash and May exhibit a relationship much more similar to that of a brother and a sister, but that's a different conversation. I may be an atypical case, though. But from what I know, it seems like the brother/sister teasing stems more from a perception of the parent(s) favoring the other child and has more of an air of complaint to it. Misty doesn't seem to be complaining about Ash or vice versa, they seem to be accusing each other of being (insert insult here) simply for the sake of accusing. It seems more like an attempt to deflect their own inner feelings from coming to the surface than actually complaining about the behavior of the other.

I could be totally wrong, but them's my two cents on the matter.

Well, from my own experience, it's nothing like a brother/sister kind of thing. My sister and I hardly ever teased each other. We get along really well, actually. I think Ash and May exhibit a relationship much more similar to that of a brother and a sister, but that's a different conversation. I may be an atypical case, though. But from what I know, it seems like the brother/sister teasing stems more from a perception of the parent(s) favoring the other child and has more of an air of complaint to it. Misty doesn't seem to be complaining about Ash or vice versa, they seem to be accusing each other of being (insert insult here) simply for the sake of accusing. It seems more like an attempt to deflect their own inner feelings from coming to the surface than actually complaining about the behavior of the other.

I agree, a brother and sister relationship is usually a calm loving relationship with occasional fighting.
But Ash and Misty's relationship consists of constant arguments and when someone interrupts with a suggestive comment
on their fighting, they get angry as a cover up for their embarassment over the comment.

Last edited:
I have a question: Have any of you here ever convinced someone else of Pokéshipping? I know I have, although it was to someone who had never seen the Original Series until I recommended it to them. Despite that, though, they're now an avid Pokeshipper like us. So, has anyone done anything similar to that? If so, how did you manage it? (eg. pointing out hints, comparing it to other shippings etc.)

Goodness I haven't been here in a while. Don't worry this is still ny ship! See:

maemukirokettodan97.deviantart.com/art/PKMN25YL-Parent-Group-Pic-314166993?
I love this one cause its all my ships from this show! ( well I dont actually know much about the newer characters...)

anniemay777.deviantart.com/art/Bonds-never-break-315891539?

bruedance.deviantart.com/art/Summer-Festival-315057316?

laura-satoko.deviantart.com/art/Finally-Human-Prize-for-DekaFoxMcCloude-315295018?
wow for the last one!

Back
Top Bottom