• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Have any of you here ever convinced someone else of Pokéshipping?

no :/
In fact, my friends told me that they have watched Pokémon ... They prefer Kasumi and think that there is something between Kasu & Satoshi... =]
So, no need to convince them >.>

Question : Do you think that Pokéshipping will continue in the future ?
=> I mean if Pokémon were to continue for some time, there'll be less people who'll knew the original serie ( Kanto-Johto (1997-2002) => Kasumi therefore, Pokéshipping)...
Plus, some people will grow older and maybe forget the Pokéshipping, the youngsters will not know Pokémon from before, the Pokéshipping fans will die , there'll be a lot more Neggai/Advanced/Pearl/ (new-main-girl or other) shipping fanfics....

Pokéshipping is still continuing but It'll decrease and die :'(

THE END OF THE WORLD :bawl:

=] :ksmile:

Question : Do you think that Pokéshipping will continue in the future ?
=> I mean if Pokémon were to continue for some time, there'll be less people who'll knew the original serie ( Kanto-Johto (1997-2002) => Kasumi therefore, Pokéshipping)...
Plus, some people will grow older and maybe forget the Pokéshipping, the youngsters will not know Pokémon from before, the Pokéshipping fans will die , there'll be a lot more Neggai/Advanced/Pearl/ (new-main-girl or other) shipping fanfics....

Pokéshipping is still continuing but It'll decrease and die :'(

THE END OF THE WORLD :bawl:

=] :ksmile:

I guess that's why we're all hoping that Misty's coming back if there's an anime version of the World Tournament. Apart from satisfying us, the older fans (or the majority of us anyway), it'll also introduce her to newer Pokemon fans, and if there's any Pokeshipping significance in these episodes, there could be born a whole new generation of Pokeshippers.

And then, obviously, some of these new Pokeshippers would start watching the Original series and see all the amazing hints that we've seen.
A bit farfetched maybe, but there's always hope.

Have any of you here ever convinced someone else of Pokeshipping?

Sadly no. Pokemon is losing its fans where I lived and only like 5 people even talk about it nowadays. There's a few that watched the old series, but they grew up with AG and D/P, so they preferred Pearlshipping actually. I think one person hates May and Misty so I can't convince them of Pokeshipping (or Contestshipping for that matter).

Do you think that Pokeshipping will continue in the future?

I do hope so! But we already saw how some fans lost interest in the shipping after even AG came out, tons of Contestshipping and Advanceshipping fans. So, unless Pokemon does a huge hint if Misty ever comes back, us Pokeshippers will basically just lose interest. ):

RadioactivCharmander said:
I guess that's why we're all hoping that Misty's coming back if there's an anime version of the World Tournament. Apart from satisfying us, the older fans (or the majority of us anyway), it'll also introduce her to newer Pokemon fans, and if there's any Pokeshipping significance in these episodes, there could be born a whole new generation of Pokeshippers.

And then, obviously, some of these new Pokeshippers would start watching the Original series and see all the amazing hints that we've seen.
A bit farfetched maybe, but there's always hope.

=> I'm pretty sure if I had watched DP or AG before Kanto-Johto, I would still prefer Pokéshipping ('cause I like ContestShipping [Haruka/Shu] <3, Hikari with Shinji ) >.>... In fact, I base my choice on the fact that it can happen or not .... Seriously, I can't see [Haruka/Satoshi] or [Hikari/Satoshi] or [Shinji/Satoshi]....It's the same for other animes =]
And I think nowadays kids don't have a lot of interest in watching older series >.>.....So they don't watch Kanto (at least) and don't see what was Pokémon back then :/
Myself, I watch 1970,80,90 animes... It's just curiosity

=> And I think It's amazing to support a shipping more than 10 years [ or less for others ]...When I've watched Pokémon (Kanto), I immediately supported the Pokéshipping....even after AG...
So I think it's normal that after one decade, PokéShipping fans lost their interest. It's kinda the same with me about other long-running animes :/

=> Just for my knowledge (^^), Do you know how big is the Pokéshipping fanbase ? I can't imagine it :/

BTW, If Kasumi were to return in BW, How strong would she be ?

Last edited:
=> Just for my knowledge (^^), Do you know how big is the Pokéshipping fanbase ? I can't imagine it :/

BTW, If Kasumi were to return in BW, How strong would she be ?

I know that at the beginning, Pokeshipping was the most popular shipping in the fandom despite Rocketshipping having been created before it. It was only when its detractors started to come up with ones like Egoshipping and Gymshipping that it started to diminish a bit. And then obviously a huge percentage of viewers, most likely Pokeshippers, stopped watching at the end of the OS.
I can say that the PS fanbase now is probably very small, but still exists nonetheless.

And to answer your second question, I'm sure she'd be pretty damn strong if she returns - especially if she's in the World Tournament!

Haven't been around in a while. Well, hello again.

Have you ever convinced someone else of Pokeshipping?

Online or IRL, nope. My local friends don't actively watch Pokemon; in fact, none of them play either. So, it would be difficult to even discuss the Anime, let alone shippings in the Anime at all. My siblings also are apathetic in general to the Pokemon Anime, and probably remember very little of it to even genuinely ship anything, so attempting to convince them won't occur. I've never tried to convert anyone into Pokeshipping, either, or really any shipping fully. Possibly unintentionally, though...

As in, the support for it? Yes, even in a decadent fashion. I mean, there's always going to be someone who will rewatch the OS, or begin to watch Pokemon from the beginning, and perhaps every so often, they'll decide to support Pokeshipping and inspire dormant Pokeshippers to show their love, even for a brief moment. Now, it's naturally going to decrease, as time goes on without progression (well, so far at least).

In regards to that Forest Grumps episode, I'd assess the hint as not being most blatant and strong. As in, it is a hint by the fact that they're the only two out of the two groups to call to one another, and they do so with cordiality, but other than that, it's not very phenomenal, even with the joy in their voices.

Also, with the Fanbase, we'd have to take into account the shippers who aren't on any sites to be represented by, and what I like to call, subconscious shippers. Unless you just wish to find out the size for the known internet Fanbase, then, eh I have no clue...

I think I have, though they may already have thought so, and I did it the same way each time, by watching Pokemon 2000 with them. One was my sister and the other was my now ex-girlfriend. My sister and I like to watch old tv shows and movies that we used to watch, Pokemon included. So as soon as the Melody kiss scene came, I pointed out Misty's face after the kiss and she was all like "she so jelly right now." (for the uninitiated, jelly=jealous) I kept pointing things out and by the time Ash was unconscious from nearly drowning, my sister was saying things like "Misty sounds relieved, but she's actually disappointed because she didn't get to give him mouth to mouth." I was a proud brother that day.

And my ex loves watching Pokemon movies. We actually just hung out and watched one of them recently (we remain friends). When we watched it together I pointed out the first thing (the Melody kiss) and after that, she started pointing things out to me before I could say anything. So she may not have needed convincing in the first place. For all I know SHE MAY BE READING THIS VERY THREAD. That'd be weird. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Ideas never die. It'll always live on as long as the original episodes are available to be watched, and maybe even without them. As Likeitornot said, there'll always be someone.

As for the size of the fanbase, I'd say it's larger than it appears. There are only so many people who post on forums, write fics, make fanart, etc. There are probably a lot of people who just consume the art, the writing and follow the posts on forums. I know I did, for a long time. I didn't post anything on a forum until probably '07 or '08, and I've been following pokeshipping online since about 2000. If I had to guess, based on the number of views my fics have got, the number of people who seem to follow various artists on deviantart, I'd say the number of active pokeshippers is on the order of a thousand or so. Something with four digits.

A question I had in mind, that may be good for a topic.

What kind of PokéShipping hints do you like? Leave examples, if possible.

What I mean by that is do you like the cute moments (like in the episode where JigglyPuff sings and Ash and Misty are leaning on each other, sleeping) or do you like their bickering moments (like in a Shadow of a Drought).

To answer my own question, I personally like things that the creators clearly put in there. For example, the JigglyPuff episode. The creators focused on Ash and Misty leaning on each other, so there must be a reason why they wanted to focus on them only. And also "Forest Grumps", where they only focused on Ash and Misty when the whole group came back together. I always thought those were big hints, because the creators deliberately focused on them and only them. I said the word "focused" 50 times in the past three sentences. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Oh, so many questions. Let's see...

Well, I haven't convinced anyone in the strictest sense of the word. I have very few friends that will admit to being pokemon fans, and those that do are already pokeshippers :) I did, however revive my little sister's interest in pokemon and pokeshipping when I revived my own interest. I couldn't stop sharing with her, and she never considered anyone else for Ash.

I don't know why we are all being so negative in response to this question. I personally believe that if it has lasted this long, why not? You get the old viewers, the old viewers like me who stopped watching for a while then got back into pokemon, you have the older new viewers who go back and watch the original series (which makes sense, I would want to know how the series I love had its beginning. The really little kids wouldn't try to find old episodes, but some older kids might be interested), and if Misty (hopefully!) appears, then you have a new generation of fans. Call me naive if you wish, but I think we have a very strong chance to continue.

Oooo, this is a fun question :) My absolute favorite hints are hints from Ash's side. Of these I absolutely love when they are accused of liking each other and deny it, especially when they blush (Pokeball Peril comes to mind, and the original version of a Date with Delcatty, as well as Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon). A Date with Delcatty is definitely up there as well because of the way Psyduck had to tease her. And Psyduck can be compared to Ash in many ways, and the relationship between Misty and Psyduck can be compared to the relationship between Misty and Ash. Another kind of hint that I like is when Ash finds Misty attractive, such as in The Ghost of Maiden's Peak (who doesn't love that?). And I also like hints that are not as obvious, such as how when they fight they end up super close to each other (A Shadow of a Drought, super cute!) Oh I love pokeshipping :)

Okay, I have a topic, but I'm going to say something before it to sort of let you guys understand the topic better.

So, most non-PokéShippers will say that Ash/Misty seem to be more like brother and sister. They would say that they tease each other like a brother and sister would. Now, the topic is-

How does Ash and Misty's teasing seem like 10-year-old-crushes kind of teasing instead of brother/sister kind of teasing?

for me the teasing between ash/misty seems far too nice for brother and sister kind of teasing

A question I had in mind, that may be good for a topic.

What I mean by that is do you like the cute moments (like in the episode where JigglyPuff sings and Ash and Misty are leaning on each other, sleeping) or do you like their bickering moments (like in a Shadow of a Drought).

I like all Kind of Pokéshipping.... =]
-Their bickering moments, when Kasumi begin to fight with Satoshi because they are lost. Or even, I really like when it's Satoshi who annoy Kasu ^^. It shows that he have some personnality. I can add ep 9 when Kasumi is jealous of Seiyo <3 ...
UwlDr.png
yGrp8.png
-Cute hints ...like in episode 11, 20, 23 when Kasumi is afraid and clings onto Satoshi....Or as said previously, when they're sleeping side by side ( a lot of episodes)
QA3Z5.png
GsVbt.png

Spirit of the Moon said:

Oooo, this is a fun question :) My absolute favorite hints are hints from Ash's side. Of these I absolutely love when they are accused of liking each other and deny it, especially when they blush (Pokeball Peril comes to mind, and the original version of a Date with Delcatty, as well as Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon). A Date with Delcatty is definitely up there as well because of the way Psyduck had to tease her. And Psyduck can be compared to Ash in many ways, and the relationship between Misty and Psyduck can be compared to the relationship between Misty and Ash. Another kind of hint that I like is when Ash finds Misty attractive, such as in The Ghost of Maiden's Peak (who doesn't love that?). And I also like hints that are not as obvious, such as how when they fight they end up super close to each other (A Shadow of a Drought, super cute!) Oh I love pokeshipping :)

<3 <3< <3
L0kT6.png
XSH3N.png

Seriously, with these hints the Pokéshipping is most likely to happen =D

Last edited:
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here. :sweatlol:

I like all hints, but some of my all time favorite ones are the cute moments, like when they're blushing about something (like Daisy thinking Ash and Misty are a couple in The Water Flowers of Cerulean City), or when they're holding hands (like in The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, or The Tower of Terror), or when they get jealous (like in The School of Hard Knocks or Misty Meets Her Match).

There's so many more hints that I could list, but I think I've rambled on enough. :lol:

Seriously, with these hints the Pokéshipping is most likely to happen =D

I totally agree! It just makes me happy to look at those screenshots, and even happier to watch the episodes they appeared in. I just completely adore this pairing. Entirely.

Anyway, since no one seems to be responding to the many questions already presented, might I add another one? It was something I was wondering about for a while.

If (and hopefully when!) Ash and Misty become a couple, what problems do you see coming up in their relationship? How would they work through these problems, if any show up?

Hi, sorry I've been MIA lately. I see Ash/Misty having a really-close female/male friend, and the other being kinda jealous, and they go to couple's-counseling with Brock as the therapist.

My favourite hints are the hints that display that, although they always bicker and quarrel, at the end of the day, they're close friends and that's what matters. I also like the ones that portray a childish romance, such as Pokeball Peril.

If (and hopefully when!) Ash and Misty become a couple, what problems do you see coming up in their relationship? How would they work through these problems, if any show up?

Eh... I can see them falling into a quarrel over something kind of silly and trivial, and both being too stubborn to back down. However, their own stubbornness is so ridiculous, as is the argument, that they simply wind up laughing.

Eh... I can see them falling into a quarrel over something kind of silly and trivial, and both being too stubborn to back down. However, their own stubbornness is so ridiculous, as is the argument, that they simply wind up laughing.

Yeah, I can see that too :D . That's exactly what I was thinking !
In the anime, they can't admit there're wrong xD. (For instance, ep 10^^ because they are lost)....Kasumi & Satoshi have kinda the same temper ! :p

Hey guys! I had this small interview with Miya Toriaka from DeviantArt (her page- MiyaToriaka on deviantART). All of us know who she is, since she's a pretty popular PokéShipping artist on DeviantArt. Now, here are the questions I gave her, and the answers she gave me:

Questions-

Question One~ Why do you like PokéShipping? Is it because you think Ash&Misty are cute together? Or is it because of their hints?

Question Two~ What do you think are the biggest hints for PokéShipping?

Question Three~ You may have heard that the writer for Pokémon (at the time when Misty was there), Mr. Shudo, said that he didn't mean to let people think that Misty has a crush on Ash, and that he was sorry people thought she did. What do you think of that? Do you think it ruins the point of PokéShipping? Do you think that, after looking at the hints again, that they could be described as friendly?

Question Four~ How big do you think the FanBase is for PokéShipping in the U.S. and Japan?

Question Five~ Do you think that PokéShipping has a chance of actually becoming 100% canon in the future? How big of a chance?

Question Six~ Why didn't you support other 'Ships that rival PokéShipping? Is it because you didn't like them? Or is it because you don't think they have hints that show they like each other? Or maybe you DO like those 'Ships, but not as much as PokéShipping? If so, why?

Miya's answers-

1.) Because they're the cutest and most obvious pairing in the whole world. When I saw them the first time I was just sure they're made for each other and hey, every KID saw that, also in Japan. You can see this fact about all the FanArts which came out in the very first years and how old the drawers were (examples: Miyabi Akasaka and Teppo Pepper, the most popular Pokeshipping-drawers in the whole world). And they're still for this couple, also when Misty isn't there anymore. Teppo P. has a crush in CilianxAsh, too, but she's still a Pokeshipper, too. That's my evidence in my theory. Not only the anime is important for a canon pairing, but the trust of its fans.

2.) Simple: Every episode of season 1-5 and all episodes where Misty is in. Maybe it's not the Pokeshipping you guys see but for me, especially, it's the deepest friendship I've seen in my whole life. That's why I'm so sure Ash and Misty will be best friends forever and ever, doesn't matter what happens in future.

3.) You know what? Mr. Shudo was a Misty-"hater" (he never liked her) and that's why he was some kind of "angry" when he saw the people liked her that much, especially with Ash. In the first seasons they always made very official and obvious hints, an anime only does when the characters have something special to do with each other. In my eyes he was the only one in the cast of Pokémon who didn't want to see Ash and Misty together, but was the most powerful man, that's why the couple never became canon - and also because of the fact Pokémon is just an advertising-anime for the games (means, no pairings allowed, not because of that stupid saying "It's a kid's show!".) That's why I just say "dafuq" to what Mr. Shudo said about Pokeshipping or Misty, because the facts were there, truly, not because of "4Kids Pokémon-version only", no, it was also in the original show, although many people disagree with that now, because they've full respect for Mr. Shudo. But me not. I only see true facts! And the TRUE facts are, there is something very special between Ash and Misty. Maybe not that love, but a very special relationship, only these two have. Well, by all repect, Mr. Shudo, you're wrong and you knew that your whole life long. My opinion.

4.) That question I didn't understand in the forum, either, but I agree, the fanbase is bigger in USA than in Japan. Japan goes on and loves all Pokémon-characters. Some of them remember Misty, draw her sometimes, but the relationship of Ash and Misty goes down under, that's a very sad fact. In USA and Europe the pairing is still active, but only because of the loyal fans. For me the Pokeshipping in the anime died, too, but "my" Pokeshipping will never die and that's why I keep it alive and draw every new story I've in my mind. I'll draw them (for)ever, although I know "my" Ash and Misty are not those ones out of the anime. In the anime they're the "bestest of best friends" [only] - but in my mind they're this and a very happy couple, too. They're standing as a symbol for "true love" to me - and this will never change ♥

5.) The chance is 50%. Why? Because of the actual ending of Pokémon in 1998/1999. You all know the actual ending of the first Pokémon-movie and I'll keep that in my mind although it was planned many years ago. That's why I think it's 50%: We have two possibilities IF the anime will find an end anywhen. First possibility is the more realistic one: Misty will never come back, but stay as a very good friend to Ash. Ash will never be seen in any relationship, like Nintendo always said it; means, no Pokeshipping, or any other Ash-shipping. Second possibility is: The writers show a very last episode like Digimon season 2 did and show the future of the characters (based on the actual idea of Pokémon Movie 1) and which "couples", maybe. And I'm pretty sure, if such an episode would have been planned the absolute obvious canon pairings in the end would be Poke, Rocket and Contest. Only those three for sure. But as I said, I believe only in possibility one, because Nintendo said so. But we fans have our fantasy and that is what counts.

6.) Simple answer: I'm neither interested in "other" pairings, nor it is simple clear to me. I've only ONE TRUE PAIRING and that is for always and forever ASH and MISTY. All other characters and pairings don't interest me in - any - f**king - way. ♥

Now, she said she didn't want any part of her answers edited, so this is what she originally said. What do you think? Do you agree with some points? Do you disagree with some points?

Wow, that's pretty cool that you got an interview with Miya. Good to see that she seems just as passionate as ever.

Lots of fighting, bickering, quarreling, quibbling, etc. And, as Likeitornot said, probably over trivial things. I could also see both of them getting jealous over friends who just happen to be of the opposite sex.

I guess I can answer my own question now.

Well my errant thought one day was, "When they get married, who is going to cook the food?!?" I had recently recalled the one episode where Brock gets sick, and Misty tries to cook. Misty cannot cook to save her life, and I wonder how they survived before meeting up with Brock. Without Brock they probably would have died, because Ash never shows any inclination towards cooking. I see two possible solutions to these problems:
1. Ash will grow up and learn to cook (I see this as more likely)
2. Brock (or Cilan) will live with them forever and cook for them (this is obviously the less likely situation, but I prefer it to the boring situation of Misty learning how to cook. I see this as a part of her character, and an interesting and funny quirk of hers)

Ash learning how to cook? I don't see that ending well. All I see are kitchens in flames.

Aaaanyway. I believe it's time for a new topic, and I do believe I have one.

If Misty were to become some kind of celebrity, how would Ash react to hearing gossip about her on the radio (the kind of gossip involving the opposite sex)? What about the other way around?

I may or may not be writing a new fanfic where this happens (as in I am) and I may or may not base what I write after the answers I see here (as in I probably will).

Back
Top Bottom