• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Re: Help request locating an old Pokeshipping fanfic

I know its probably an extreme long shot that anyone will actually be able to help me with this, considering the situation, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, just in case.

so...does anyone else here remember the old original AAML website? come.to/AAML? and most specificly, does anyone remember the main fanfic those guys had up on their site, "Realization of Love"? (Ash & Misty's Fanfics) As anyone can see by opening that link and clicking on the fanfic itself, that site is long long dead, as it was hosted on Crosswinds. So in light of that, my desperate long shot question then is...by any slim insane chance would there be anyone out there who happens to have a link to some archive or something that might have saved this site's content including that fic, or even possibly have saved the fanfic itself???

That fanfic was the first Pokeshipping fic I ever read, and still to this day is my all time favorite fanfic ever; if ANYONE out there happens to still have a copy of it they could send me or link me to, I would be eternally grateful and love you forevers! Seriously. I am desperate to find this fic again. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks.

I know the site you're referring to. I visited that site religiously in the early days of my AAML fandom. Unfortunately, if an archive exists, I don't know where to find it.

I know its probably an extreme long shot that anyone will actually be able to help me with this, considering the situation, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, just in case.

so...does anyone else here remember the old original AAML website? come.to/AAML? and most specificly, does anyone remember the main fanfic those guys had up on their site, "Realization of Love"? (Ash & Misty's Fanfics) As anyone can see by opening that link and clicking on the fanfic itself, that site is long long dead, as it was hosted on Crosswinds. So in light of that, my desperate long shot question then is...by any slim insane chance would there be anyone out there who happens to have a link to some archive or something that might have saved this site's content including that fic, or even possibly have saved the fanfic itself???

That fanfic was the first Pokeshipping fic I ever read, and still to this day is my all time favorite fanfic ever; if ANYONE out there happens to still have a copy of it they could send me or link me to, I would be eternally grateful and love you forevers! Seriously. I am desperate to find this fic again. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks.

I'll be totally useless, as I've never even heard of the site until now (yes, I'm awful, oh well) or the fanfiction, but most fanfictions that are hosted elsewhere and not by the author themselves are usually for infamous reasons, not for admiration of the fanfiction. But, I did search the title on FF.Net by advanced search of matching said title, and nothing came up. When you search it just to match the title or summary, nothing too relevant crops up. But there's a person who made the picture of the cover and their email is included... it probably will lead nowhere, but maybe you could email them. Since they do warn people of stealing their fanfictions and putting them up somewhere else, I don't think it'll easy to find it now.

lol, I didn;t notice that their e-mails were on there. Maybe I will try those. Although I don't really expect an answer. I haven't seen those two on IM in YEARS, and I wouldn;t be surprised if they switched to some other accounts and left those inactive.

Yeah, I doubt they'll reply too quickly either, but I could be wrong. You should let us all know if they do.
Shipping websites are quite sweet, I think, so it's sad to see some shut down.

Was watching Pokemon "The power of one" today and I haven't seen this movie in a very long time. Even if it was maybe 7 years ago I saw it I remember the movie had tons of Pokeshipping stuff included. The only thing I wonder is if this movie has "fake hints" because 4 kids did some of those in the anime (even if tons of stuff is not fake).

Anyone that actually know if all the Pokeshipping stuff in this movie is actually true according to the orginial scribt?

Back in the days of the shipping wars and OPS, I once archived that entire site. I should still have the CD all those backups were burnt to...the problem is that it'll be somewhere in a box in the garage, and I wouldn't be surprised if those CD's have long since peeled and lost their data.

Doing a quick check of the internet archive, you might have more luck with the older version of their site back when they were still on Tripod. This seems to be the last version captured through that.
Pok
Ah, wait a second, I think I've found a working archive of their fics from later than that. You'll have to highlight the page to see the links (stupid text color choices that made sense for older browsers), but everything up to part 31 is there. Don't remember if that was the last part though.
amfanfics
There may be more out there, but you'd have to really dig through the internet archive for that.

O_O! ZOMG!!! seriously!!?!? Thank you thank you thank you thank you!! your the greatest. *goes and starts saving the chapters*

Been away from this thread for some weeks..:)
Haven't done fanarts so I'll share banners:)

coonectedreduced.jpg

connectedwithheart.jpg

*I still find it hard to pick what to mix and what not to mixXD*

Wow, @Archaic; that little tool is very useful, and that's great that you archived it then. It's creepy seeing the date though, because I would've been quite young at the time. Seems the story there is structured on dialogue, which is fascinating. I should read it when I've some time.

@Ash♥●•٠·; those banners are so pretty! The first one is my favourite.

Have fun, @AvidPSFan; and happy holidays!

Thank you @Likeitornot :)
And happy holidays everyone. Christmas is approaching and the month of December has started:)
Welcome @Jabz, I haven't seen you before in this thread so, welcome:)

As for the topic to keep this on going..
Since Christmas is Approaching, what will be the steps Ash in making a surprise this Christmas (for Misty of course)?

Thank you for the welcome, Ash♥●•٠·

Yes, I'm new, but I've been a Pokeshipper since the show first aired. It just took me awhile to join the forums ^.^

What would Ash do for Misty for Christmas? 10 year old boys probably aren't the best gift givers given their limited resources, but I suspect he'd at least try. I think it would be cute if he made her a new lure considering she made one for him ages ago. Inexpensive, useful, and subtly sweet.

This is easily going to be my favorite thread. So much yes to Pokeshipping.
Hello, Jabz! I hope you have fun on this thread, and welcome to it all the same.

As for the topic to keep this on going..
Since Christmas is Approaching, what will be the steps Ash in making a surprise this Christmas (for Misty of course)?

Firstly, I bet it'd take a lot more steps than Ash would have originally bargained for (as in, he make a few errors here and there), and not overly passionate, but I think he hold it at the Gym with her, maybe put on a show with water Pokemon to fashion some christmas tree feature with a water type move for a few moments. I think they'd also have a battle, just for old times sake together.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good Pokeshipping fanfic? I'm less concerned with specific content, but looking more for something that's really well written

Have you read Texas Longhorn's fic yet? It's easily the best poke shipping fic online. It's called " A New Journey".

Anyone have any recommendations for a good Pokeshipping fanfic? I'm less concerned with specific content, but looking more for something that's really well written

I've been looking around too.
I find that well written Pokemon fanfiction is more difficult to come by, possibly because the anime is aimed generally at younger audiences so the writers are younger and less experienced. They're not bad writers by any means, but they've usually just started so they've still got a lot to learn.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I haven't read either of those, so I'll definitely look into both.

I find that well written Pokemon fanfiction is more difficult to come by, possibly because the anime is aimed generally at younger audiences so the writers are younger and less experienced. They're not bad writers by any means, but they've usually just started so they've still got a lot to learn.

I agree with this, but I also think it has a lot to do with having less resources. Fanfics don't go through the many iterations of edits that published material goes through, and it's tough to write something well on the first or second go. It's possible though, so I try to seek out those writers who really have a knack for it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I haven't read either of those, so I'll definitely look into both.

I agree with this, but I also think it has a lot to do with having less resources. Fanfics don't go through the many iterations of edits that published material goes through, and it's tough to write something well on the first or second go. It's possible though, so I try to seek out those writers who really have a knack for it.

... but Beta readers?

Back
Top Bottom