• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Anyone have any recommendations for a good Pokeshipping fanfic? I'm less concerned with specific content, but looking more for something that's really well written
Offhand, the only fanfics coming to mind are:

Cavern Of A Million Colors
Get Well Soon (future fic)
Parental Advisory (future fic)

Though apologies if you've already read them/they aren't quite what you were looking for. ^^;

Cavern of a Million Colors was one of my favorite fics when I was still in my Pokeshipping-obsessed phase. So many fanfics fail to keep the characters actually in-character, but this fic did a really good job at making Ash and Misty...actually act like Ash and Misty. XD Plus the story itself was just very well written and hauntingly beautiful.

So many fanfics fail to keep the characters actually in-character...

I agree with this SO MUCH. I've tried to let it go when reading some fanfics that I find good otherwise, but I find it really hard to immerse myself in a story that takes too many liberties with characters' personalities. If Cavern of a Million Colors is good at retaining the characters' "essence" so to speak, then I'm definitely adding it to my list! Thanks!

Have you read Texas Longhorn's fic yet? It's easily the best poke shipping fic online. It's called " A New Journey".

Thanks for this recommendation, Pokefann! I'm reading it now and really enjoying it.

And thanks for all of the other suggestions guys! I really appreciate it!

Hello again,

Just here to say that I'm probably not going to be very active here for the next few weeks, so I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I hope that in 2013 we can all continue to support Pokéshipping with as enthusiasm as we always have done (and see Misty make an appearance in the anime, haha).

Last edited:
Hello everyone, Just wanted to drop by, post a fanart of mine and say..
Image0369.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone! Take care everyone.

Describe Ash and Misty's Christmas. <<Just in case we run out of discussionsXD

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this thread is dead. Let's liven things up with a new discussion.

There are many poke shipping "hints" that occur outside of the anime in sources such as the manga. What is your favorite outside-of-anime hint? (These are obviously non-canon, but this should still be a fun discussion).

tumblr_m32mz8cViC1qhuk9xo1_500.jpg

Yeah, it seems so..My apologies for being inactive here as well:) I have tried reading pokemon adventures.. and I also find out how Red and Misty met. I just remembered how Ash and Misty met while she is fishing. I don't know some others ousite-the-anime hints but this is the only thing I've known for now.XD

I don't really count MangaPokeShipping as Pokeshipping, personally, so I wouldn't use it for an outside-Anime hint. Unless you are referring to the Electric Tale of Pikachu as well, which is based off the Anime characters, that is known to have a few hints, where he finds her attractive.

Wow, this thread is dead. Let's liven things up with a new discussion.

There are many poke shipping "hints" that occur outside of the anime in sources such as the manga. What is your favorite outside-of-anime hint? (These are obviously non-canon, but this should still be a fun discussion).

Misty's Song. It was so....not subtle lol.

I don't really count MangaPokeShipping as Pokeshipping, personally, so I wouldn't use it for an outside-Anime hint. Unless you are referring to the Electric Tale of Pikachu as well, which is based off the Anime characters, that is known to have a few hints, where he finds her attractive.

My bad. I haven't really read a lot of pokemon manga, yet I've just read the manga once though, and I do kinda like some interaction in the Electric Tale of Picachu.

I have made another art..
mysleepyafternoon_zpsce565964.jpg
..And some arts I find in Pixiv.
「言ってやんない」/「***」のイラスト [pixiv]
「レカス絵茶ログ」/「清順(トンボ)」の漫画 [pixiv]

My bad. I haven't really read a lot of pokemon manga, yet I've just read the manga once though, and I do kinda like some interaction in the Electric Tale of Picachu.

Oh, I haven't either, haha, but Red is the protagonist and who is shipped in MangaPokeShipping and not Ash, so it's not the same person, really...

Lovely Pokemon fanart, yours, and the members from Pixiv's too! I found this little gem, myself;

Oh, I haven't either, haha, but Red is the protagonist and who is shipped in MangaPokeShipping and not Ash, so it's not the same person, really...

Lovely Pokemon fanart, yours, and the members from Pixiv's too! I found this little gem, myself;

Nah, it's ok. I actually agree with what you've said. It's Red and not particularly Ash. :) Thank you!
Oh.. that's fanart is so cute! Iill put it as one of my bookmarks in pixiv!:)

I'll try to think up of a topic, though I'm not fantastic at them at all...

What was your favourite hint during Misty's cameo return in AG?

I'm not sure of my real answer to that. I can't really recall any actual hints in her AG return, though I might just be rusty on my hints.

I do know what my favorite not-hint is. A fair number of people think that Ash and Misty were holding hands in a short clip in the one of the togepi episodes, when it was really just some strange positioning of the animation. It really does look like they're holding hands though. I find it amusing.

^ Yeah U remembered that time when discussed in the thread. It might be just part of the animation which got a little bit blurry, making things that they are really holding hands. it would be nice though but I hardly find it happening!XD.

Hmm, I haven't thought of a Misty cameo hint in AG. I do like Ash's [and friends] reaction upon meeting her again in the AG series, and about the teasing thing interactions when Misty first appeared in the AG series. Moreover, when Misty got caught by Team Rocket, Ash did the first one to run for after her. I guess that's all I can think off:)

I'll try to think up of a topic, though I'm not fantastic at them at all...

I think the Togepi episodes have a lot of Pokeshipping subtext, especially with regard to Ash's protective attitude toward Misty.

To be honest, I can't really remember any prominent AG Pokeshipping hint, either, and looking the hints on Bulbapedia for those episodes listed... they do seem more cordial than romantic. Yes, I hate when that occurs, that it looks like two characters are holding hands, but in reality, it's just the animation blurring it.

I know it's not in her AG cameo, but it aired during AG and has Misty in the AG gear, but any intriguing moments you guys spotted in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon?

To be honest, I can't really remember any prominent AG Pokeshipping hint, either, and looking the hints on Bulbapedia for those episodes listed... they do seem more cordial than romantic. Yes, I hate when that occurs, that it looks like two characters are holding hands, but in reality, it's just the animation blurring it.

I know it's not in her AG cameo, but it aired during AG and has Misty in the AG gear, but any intriguing moments you guys spotted in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon?

About the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon :
I once watch that but haven't really think of some romantic stuffs in it. I just love the part where Ash is shocked seeing Misty. It was nice seeing those two, the part where they went on together for.. I totally forgot what's happening here..XD

attachment.php

I just wish Ash could have save her instead when she had fall back then.

I've actually brought this up before, but there's this one moment in the Mirage special where they're both traveling through the water and Misty is looking at Ash, he looks over to her, she quickly snaps her head back and makes a surprised sound. Then they zoom in on Ash's face and it looks like he's saying to himself "whaaa... why was she looking at me?" It's only like five seconds long and it seems to serve absolutely no purpose, but it looks like a "you look at me, I look away" scene. It could have been easily replaced by a generic shot of them going through the water, without having to animate them.

As I see it, if it means nothing, they wasted effort storyboarding the scene, animating them, and paying the animators for their efforts for something that could have been done with less effort and less expense. Call me crazy, but it just seems deliberate to me.

Back
Top Bottom