• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Welcome to the new people ..glad to know new faces aroundXD Nice to see you around Elphie and Pokefann. Been doing a lot of things and school's keep rushing us the activities and exams.
Oh yeah,I forgot about this:
valentinesday_zps31871d58.png

and this:
valentines_zpsb898363a.png

This would probably be my birthday presentation to you guys:) Since I don't have any parties in the apartment in this dayXD

What do you think Misty and Ash would do on a typical sunday afternoon together?

Is it alright If I won't explain/answer it in words?:)
mysleepyafternoon_zpsce565964.jpg

Welcome to the new people ..glad to know new faces aroundXD Nice to see you around Elphie and Pokefann. Been doing a lot of things and school's keep rushing us the activities and exams.
Oh yeah,I forgot about this:
valentinesday_zps31871d58.png

and this:
valentines_zpsb898363a.png

This would probably be my birthday presentation to you guys:) Since I don't have any parties in the apartment in this dayXD

What do you think Misty and Ash would do on a typical sunday afternoon together?

Is it alright If I won't explain/answer it in words?:)
mysleepyafternoon_zpsce565964.jpg

Love the banner and the second drawing. Good job!

Last edited:
Incorporate a pokeshipping hint into the plot of the 16th movie.

Personally, all I can see happening at most is Ash recognizing Mewtwo and having a flashback about the details of the first Movie (and maybe that Viridian Gym match where Gary loses to Mewtwo), which could include Misty and Brock. Possibly him commenting that he saw the nature of true friendship thanks to his Pokemon, and his friends at the time. Not very romantic, or anything, but I don't see anything too romantic appearing. I like Sardonicus' idea. It would be cool if Mewtwo showed him how Misty calls out "Pikachu..." silently ("please, no" in the dub, which is a touch, more sweet) when Pikachu tries to revive him, and emphasising on her despair at the time.

I love your picture, @Ash♥●•٠·;, I can see them picking out shapes of Pokemon they believe they see in the clouds, bickering over it, and eventually just dozing off altogether, thanks to it.

To answer my own question: In the incredibly unlikely (read not going to happen) chance that a pokeshipping hint occurs, I'd assume that mew two would say something implying that Ash and a previous female companion were in a romantic relation. Ash would obviously deny this

Yes, I know this was a lousy question but it was original. Plus, it sparked bunch of new posts, so mission accomplished. Also, thanks for the introduction Ash (hearts), but I've actually been here for about two years. I just don't post that often.

Alright, I believe it's time for a new topic, and my condolences, it has probably been used before:

Excluding the bicycle issue, what do you think made Misty be initially drawn towards following Ash?

Haven't posted in a while, so I guess I'd better post now! :lol:

Excluding the bicycle issue, what do you think made Misty be initially drawn towards following Ash?

I think she saw how caring he was for Pikachu when he was hurt. That probably made her feel like he would do anything for people (and Pokémon) he cared about, and that she could depend on him if something was wrong.

Not sure if that makes any sense.... I've never been that good with this kind of thing.... :sweatlol:

I think she saw how caring he was for Pikachu when he was hurt. That probably made her feel like he would do anything for people (and Pokémon) he cared about, and that she could depend on him if something was wrong.

Not sure if that makes any sense.... I've never been that good with this kind of thing.... :sweatlol:

I agree that his love for Pikachu is what drew her to him initially. I think she admired how much he cared about his pokemon and what he was willing to do for it. She knew he was a good guy and I think that despite her initial anger, she wanted to be around him so she could experience that side of him more. Plus, since Ash was a novice, Misty probably thought she was doing him a favor by accompanying him.

There was that one line in one of the first episodes: "I've never known anyone like him. He really does love Pokémon." I think that pretty much sums up my answer to this question. So I think I'm in agreement with everyone else.

Yeah, interesting replies, you guys. I concur, but I also think her whole background helped. Being the runt of three glamorous sisters and not holding the same interest- especially as someone who upheld the whole responsibility of being a Gym Leader (see: when she becomes annoyed when her sisters try and just give Ash the badge without a fight), I'm sure Misty saw someone that she approved of as a trainer (as you guys have aforementioned with the quote), and who wasn't afraid of having an adventure, to a reckless extent. It probably would have been different from home, especially since he was novice, so she finally had the chance to shine, too and probably learn something herself from this unique kid.

Isn't it pretty much canon that Misty is interested in Ash?

I mean, so many episodes come to mind.
"Misty Meets Her Match" is the one I think of first.
But don't forget "Buizel Your Way Out of This". I laughed seeing Ash defend that lure.

Last edited:
Isn't it pretty much canon that Misty is interested in Ash?

I mean, so many episodes come to mind.
"Misty Meets Her Match" is the one I think of first.
But don't forget "Buizel Your Way Out of This". I laughed seeing Ash defend that lure.

Yes, it's generally considered canon that Misty has a crush on Ash.

Hello everyone. Just stopping by to relax myself here after the whole ''carelessness'' thing I've done in an exam. I hate the results!.

So I guess some of us have heard the news of Misty and Brock to appear in BW116. Their seiyuus are officially listed and it could be possible for them to have their talking roles. Even though my guess it'll be probably a short flashback in them, I still like to think how those things are still in Ash's memories..so what are your thoughts guys? >> follow up: What if Misty appearance as her first cameo appearance in BW116, what role do you think she'll be doing and how will she meet up with Ash?

Misty may be making a reappearance! Bulbanews stated that they have listed her voice actor for episode 116 and Bulbapedia does not list it as a flashback appearance! To answer the prompt above me, I know that there will be some sort of Kanto fair in the Unova arc. I think that she would obviously appear here (since she is a Kanto gym leader).

From what I can tell, they're doing some flashbacks redrawn in the new style. There's a preview of the episode and Charizard is back. There's a bit in the preview of Ash and Brock in the episode where they first find Charmander. Here's a link to some pictures. It doesn't rule out something more for Misty. They did hire her voice actress, so they would be wise to take advantage and give her a full appearance and the viewer boost that would probably come with it. I wouldn't get my hopes too high, though. The preview says nothing of her, whatsoever. I'm putting my money on just a flashback cameo.

It was purely flashbacks! It's was great to see Misty and Brock again though even if it means to be only in flashbacks..Good to see Tracey having a cameo appearance though..Seeing old characters is one thing that proves that they haven't been forgotten XD

It's nice to see the redrawn version of the episode. It brings a lot of memories back then. From Kanta to Johto .. I feel like watching and comparing those episodes again with the redrawn oneXD

So enough with the introductions, before I go here are some snapshots I found from the latest episode.

tumblr_mjafjpS0W51qf9lmeo1_250_zps7c4400d7.jpg

bw1166_zps17398338.jpg

bw1165_zps5dd2d3dc.jpg

bw1164_zpse9e1db28.jpg

bw1163_zps05bfc33b.jpg

bw1162_zpsfbe6344a.jpg

The events happening here are randomly arranged. I haven't seen the episode actually:)

Banner drop before I go..
In line with the episode, this would probably my reaction XD
stunned_zps488073d0.png

~This is Ash by the wayXD

^This is so depressing, I was so hoping she would make a full appearance. It IS nice to see her again, even though its for stupid flashbacks. And I hate that new drawing style, but that's off topic. Its good that they're still reminding viewers of old characters, it gives me hope for the future.

Just a note, guys, it's completely fine that you want to talk about Misty being in the BW116 flashback, but please don't use your posts here to complain about the episode or the anime in general. Keep it about Pokeshipping. Thanks~

Hello again, everyone! It feels like I've been away for ages (although in my gruelling final year of A levels, I guess it can't be helped).

So there was a flashback featuring Misty in BW116? I suppose in Pokeshipping's current state, we couldn't really have asked for much, but in my opinion a flashback's better than nothing, especially since it probably got a lot of younger viewers asking "Who's that character?" and wondering when Ash had ever caught a Charizard. Good to know that they haven't totally forgotten about the Original Series.

Yes, I saw BW116 for myself, it was only consisted of flashbacks, and provoked nothing shippy. However, it served as a grand morale booster for me. Even though I feel that's probably the maximum of flashbacks we'll receive apropos to Charizard (and maybe even OS), I'll throw this topic out for the sake of it;

What flashbacks (in relation to Pokeshipping) would you like to see and what would you like Ash's reaction in BW to them to be?

Back
Top Bottom