• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Hey there guys :3 Well, I haven't been on here in forever, and I don't think I can be on here that often anyway, but I just want to add my own addition to the thread.

Now, for the past couple of weeks, I kept thinking about the possibility of Misty coming back. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that she will, at least for an episode. I don't know why I keep thinking like this, I just am. Maybe because of the flashback cameos? Not sure. But here's my question (even though I've probably asked it a thousand times and others have too), Do you think Misty will come back? Why or why not? Does she has a reason to come back, other than the whole PokeShipping? Does the cameo lift up your hope on her coming back for a bit? How would Misty coming back affect the anime? Now, I know that was just a bunch of questions in one topic, but they all relate to the main question, which is the possibility of Misty coming back. So yeah, here's something to think about. :)

Idk, but I heard that the dubs influenced pokeshipping. Anyway its the only ship I 100% approve. Well this and contestshipping.

There are a lot of Pokeshipping hints-very noticable ones, and Ash and Misty definitely are meant to be with each other... I can't imagine May, Dawn or Iris being with him in a shipping.

I wouldn't say the dub influenced SatoKasu - it was going to be there whether the dub existed or not. Though it did add its own hints, so that indicates that the dubbers were alright with the idea of Satoshi and Kasumi getting together (or, since we're talking about the dub specifically, Ash and Misty),

Do you think Misty will come back? Why or why not? Does she has a reason to come back, other than the whole PokeShipping? Does the cameo lift up your hope on her coming back for a bit? How would Misty coming back affect the anime? Now, I know that was just a bunch of questions in one topic, but they all relate to the main question, which is the possibility of Misty coming back. So yeah, here's something to think about. :)

Just to inform you that topics such as this one aren't acceptable here, as they are referring to Misty returning to the show, and not Pokeshipping. Please, if you will discuss Misty's return, it has to be strictly related to PokeShipping in this thread, otherwise, it is off topic. Just so everyone knows.

I think "influenced" is a bit of a strong word for the role the dub plays in Pokeshipping. More like "added to," or "re-nuanced" or something like that. The only dub added hints I can think of are "The Heartbreak of Brock" ("maybe we'll be married someday too") and Jirachi Wishmaker (where Ash talks about missing a friend referred to as "her" in the dub, where in the original he was taking about "friends"). There are also places where the dub removed hints, like "A Date with Delcatty" (Misty gets asked out by Georgio). Of course, things also get altered in translation, so the way the hints are worded is influenced, context changes, but for the most part, the hints are mostly in the same places, with the same general gist to them. We could also talk about stuff like Misty's Song, Under the Mistletoe, Pokemon Live!, etc. being "dub added hints," but I think of those more as Easter Eggs than as being part of the entity known as "the dub."

Hello everyone! Just stopping by and share what I just saw..I was just roaming around the net yesterday and saw something that interest my eyes. I have no clue that there's a new opening in the BW series and upon watching it .. I just thought of making an icon..(I made a quick one)XD
newend_zps8f9c85ab.png

One of my favorite ending themes..and I was in shock . It's nice to see Misty in the new opening (as well as Ash's old companions, oh and his rivals and friends too were also there holding hands with each and everyone). would it be nice if they were holding hands?XDjk.

Im new to any shipping threads, may I join?:)

What do you think Misty/Ash would pretend to have to do with the other in order to be alone with them for a while?

I could see Misty telling Ash of a cool/rare (maybe Water-type) Pokemon near by, knowing him, he would tag along no matter what.

Im not sure about Ash lol if he did finally realize his feelings for her and want to in turn act on them, I could see him telling her he needs help with a strategy for an upcoming battle or maybe tell HER there is a cool/rare Water-type near by!:)

Last edited:
^I guess I could see that happening if it's Ash. He wouldn't say it directly or tell what he really feels but he could make his moves in his way, pokemon style.

Im new to any shipping threads, may I join?:)

Oh ..sure GibleKidd, anyone's welcome. Welcome to the thread!

Hello everyone! Just stopping by and share what I just saw..I was just roaming around the net yesterday and saw something that interest my eyes. I have no clue that there's a new opening in the BW series and upon watching it .. I just thought of making an icon..(I made a quick one)XD
newend_zps8f9c85ab.png

One of my favorite ending themes..and I was in shock . It's nice to see Misty in the new opening (as well as Ash's old companions, oh and his rivals and friends too were also there holding hands with each and everyone). would it be nice if they were holding hands?XDjk.

I'm kind of confused by what you meant in the Spoilers thingy, and since it was a Spoiler, it's only right to tell you my confusion in a Spoiler.

What new opening are you talking about? Do you mind if you sent a link to it please? :D

newend_zps8f9c85ab.png

I'm kind of confused by what you meant in the Spoilers thingy, and since it was a Spoiler, it's only right to tell you my confusion in a Spoiler.

What new opening are you talking about? Do you mind if you sent a link to it please? :D

Oh I'm terribly sorry, I meant the ending..*I'll edit my stupid post. I think I have typed the word opening instead of ending. Sorry.

^Copy!

New topic, I feel like sharing this: If Jirachi is able to grant Ash and Misty a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?

New topic, I feel like sharing this: If Jirachi is able to grant Ash and Misty a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?

Interesting question. I can envisage Misty wishing for Ash to have the intellect as well as confidence to further in his goal, and maybe start by winning an official league. Or possibly, not to be as oblivious. :')
Ash might wish for her happiness, and for her to be respected by her older sisters more.

Welp. Now that I've returned from the wonderland of finals...

If they are going to wish for each other, I think Misty would definitely wish for Ash to win a League or something to further his goals (maybe with the ulterior motive of having an excuse to see him again). Ash is a tougher call. He'd probably just want her to be happy. He's not all that complicated. Who knows, a wish like that is vague enough to end up getting them together. So I guess I pretty much agree with Likeitornot.

Welp. Now that I've returned from the wonderland of finals...

If they are going to wish for each other, I think Misty would definitely wish for Ash to win a League or something to further his goals (maybe with the ulterior motive of having an excuse to see him again). Ash is a tougher call. He'd probably just want her to be happy. He's not all that complicated. Who knows, a wish like that is vague enough to end up getting them together. So I guess I pretty much agree with Likeitornot.

Now, isn't that something that we've all been wishing for since the Kanto days?

Thank you guys for answering. I do agree with you guys. Ash's happiness for winning a tournament / or any of his battle would be Misty's happiness as well. No matter how far she is, she would be there supporting him and wishing him in every battles for him to win would be a good thing for Ash himself. Ash wishing for Misty's happiness would be nice as well. Would it be nice if he would wish he could travel with her and Brock again? I also thought it would be nice for someone like him to wish travelling with her again.XD

I haven't posted here for some time. It was almost 4 days after the mother's day celebration..In that day I made a doodling sketch again. (Sorry if it's not colored by the way)XD

Back
Top Bottom