• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

It makes the most sense due to the things the creators implemented into the show.

It took me a little while to understand what you meant here. "It" isn't very specific, especially when the posts above you don't refer to the same thing you're referring to. Yeah, I know, it's what the thread's about, but... come on, if you're gonna talk about something, you should say what it is you're talking about :p

And while yes, I agree, I don't think your reasons for Pokéshipping making sense are specific enough for me to agree. What you're thinking of and what I'm thinking of could easily be very different with something as vague as "the things the creators implemented in the show". That honestly could refer to anything and everything in the show.

I'm sorry for being critical, I just feel that posts shouldn't be made if they're not contributing to or otherwise stimulating conversation (in a good way), because it doesn't do anything to post something unimportant or nonspecific. But that's just my opinion.

Well to be fair, the thread hasn't been posted in for over 2 weeks, so maybe AceTrainerGaming was just trying to keep the conversation going.

Just checking, is Pokeshipping day the 7th of November? I forgot which day it was last year so I thought I'd better check ahead of time this year.

I haven't posted here for some weeks! Btw,Thanks guys for the comment, and for liking the banners I made:)

Just checking, is Pokeshipping day the 7th of November? I forgot which day it was last year so I thought I'd better check ahead of time this year.

Yes. It's on November 7. we should try making some activities for the day.. if you guys like...

Yes. It's on November 7. we should try making some activities for the day.. if you guys like...

Seems a bit early to plan something. I'd probably forget anything we planned. My life is set to get pretty hectic, with my thesis and all. But I like the idea of doing something.

So how about a topic:

Is there anything that about Pokeshipping or the general Pokeshipping fandom (fanfics, fanart, people, ect.) that bothers you?

For me, it's high school fics. Just can't do it. That and people who comment on youtube videos, et al. and clearly have no idea what they're talking about, for or against Pokeshipping. "There was a banned episode where they kissed" comes to mind. Also, fics where Ash being "The Chosen One" is brought up and applied to the fic's plot. It sucks the life out of the plot. If he's the Chosen One, there is not a single drop of dramatic tension. "Will he overcome challenges x, y, and z?!?!?!?!?!?" Of course he will, he's the freaking Chosen One. It's like starting a story with "This is a story of how the good guys win out in the end." "How the heck is he going to get out of this mess?" isn't an interesting question if it's no longer a matter of if and simply a matter ofhow. Not specifically Pokeshipping related, but I've been seeing it more and more lately.

So how about a topic:

Is there anything that about Pokeshipping or the general Pokeshipping fandom (fanfics, fanart, people, ect.) that bothers you?

For me, it's people who bring up clearly dub only hints as evidence like "Misty's song" or that whole "You and I will be married someday too" quote from The Heartbreak of Brock. Also, Pokeshippers who unnecessarily bash rival ships. Now, I will bash a rival ship, but only in retaliation if they bash PS first. I don't go around getting into arguments with fans of other ships just because they like a different couple than I do.

So how about a topic:

I generally agree with you on the High School fanfics, although there was one I read years ago called Reasons of the Heart by Virgo Writer, and I really liked that one. It keeps in with the anime canon, therefore no 'alternate universe' rubbish, and it just seems like a much better writing quality than 99% of other high school fics I've read.

To answer the topic, for me it's people who accept Pokeshipping, but only as a one-sided shipping with claims that Ash has absolutely no hints of his own. I'll agree that the Ash hints take a lot more searching for than the Misty hints, but they're definitely there, and actually I prefer some of them to Misty's hints (like 'Navel Maneuvers' and 'The Ghost of Maiden's Peak').
I suppose on the plus side, though, it's interesting that these people never seem to argue against the Misty side of Pokeshipping. Even the most militant of anti-Pokeshippers I've come across tend to regard Misty's crush on Ash as a matter of fact rather than just a fan observation (albeit one that's hugely backed-up by evidence).

Seems a bit early to plan something. I'd probably forget anything we planned. My life is set to get pretty hectic, with my thesis and all. But I like the idea of doing something.

So how about a topic:

For me, it's high school fics. Just can't do it. That and people who comment on youtube videos, et al. and clearly have no idea what they're talking about, for or against Pokeshipping. "There was a banned episode where they kissed" comes to mind. Also, fics where Ash being "The Chosen One" is brought up and applied to the fic's plot. It sucks the life out of the plot. If he's the Chosen One, there is not a single drop of dramatic tension. "Will he overcome challenges x, y, and z?!?!?!?!?!?" Of course he will, he's the freaking Chosen One. It's like starting a story with "This is a story of how the good guys win out in the end." "How the heck is he going to get out of this mess?" isn't an interesting question if it's no longer a matter of if and simply a matter ofhow. Not specifically Pokeshipping related, but I've been seeing it more and more lately.
I will balance it out with a Misty-centric one that somewhat ties to Pokeshipping.

What annoys me in fics that involve Misty, is that there's a tendency to forget Misty's goal. She had her own goal that didn't revolve around Ash. Most Pokeship fics either have Misty stay in the gym with slight progress or she leaves to travel with Ash without any notable strides towards her aspiration. I can only remember one fic where Misty became good enough to be invited as an E4 member. Sometimes it seems like only Ash is allowed to become better and reach his goal. I understand when they do this in the show, because he is the main character, but fanfic allows writers the opportunities to go beyond the show.

I another thing that bothers me in fics is the bashing of Misty's sisters. Yes, they forced her back into the gym, but you don't have to kill them over it.

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted around here. Used to be a frequent poster around these parts but that pretty much stopped after I graduated college and started working in the games industry making, well, vidya games. :p

I've recently had some downtime lately such that I had time to scan some of the Satokasu Pokemon doujinshi made by the Vivid Kids circle. I think I already uploaded Marine Girl and Chocolate Panic a while back but I don't think I've uploaded Yumeirokibun, Ready Go!, or Orange Mail yet. I remember people having trouble acquiring Chocolate Panic and Marine Girl because back then, the only choice people had for sharing files was sketchy services like Megaupload and Rapidshare. So yay for the rise of legit uploader services like Dropbox and Mediafire.

So atm, my Dropbox currently has Ready Go, Marine Girl, and Chocolate Panic. I'm currently in the process of scanning Orange Mail and Yumeirokibun so I'll keep you guys posted whenever they go up.

Mah Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/mwi8WQjXaO

Haven't been on here for awhile, kinda trying to catch up the best that I can. I was hoping that coming here would have some new indication that Misty made a comeback :p but that doesn't seem likely...the creators already know that if they we're to bring her back, it would bring Pokeshipping up to the surface again, and right now they want Ash to be a kid still, I mean they even changed his character to make him seem younger, but I hope in the future, they have a plan up their sleeve with Misty.

I uploaded Orange Mail by Vivid Kids!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d52db67f7b91325b1dca1a794ceeb76b/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o8_1280.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/87c314ae81fc165a9d77c6dee8bcdc63/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o9_1280.jpg

There's a blurb about Misty's Song and it's lyrics in the author's notes. :X I'm really interested to see if someone can translate what it says, LOL.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/eOfSl-y9ks/Orange Mail

In case anybody missed the rest, they're all in this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/mwi8WQjXaO

I uploaded Orange Mail by Vivid Kids!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d52db67f7b91325b1dca1a794ceeb76b/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o8_1280.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/87c314ae81fc165a9d77c6dee8bcdc63/tumblr_mtlrhpJo701sj7963o9_1280.jpg

There's a blurb about Misty's Song and it's lyrics in the author's notes. :X I'm really interested to see if someone can translate what it says, LOL.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/eOfSl-y9ks/Orange Mail

In case anybody missed the rest, they're all in this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpziofq5yafm4y3/mwi8WQjXaO

Wow, that's really cool. Thanks for posting those. I've always wanted to see them in full. Now if only there could be translations of all of them...

And xRubyx, it seems like we won't get any kind of Misty return. However, Ash did remember her (as well as all of his other traveling companions) and she did get mentioned by Professor Oak in two recent episodes. (It seems like the rate at which Misty is brought up in the anime has been going up pretty sharply lately. Not saying it means anything, but...)

So threads need topics:

What's your favorite kind of Pokeshipping fan-media? What sorts of things do you like to see/read about?

So threads need topics:

What's your favorite kind of Pokeshipping fan-media? What sorts of things do you like to see/read about?

I mostly look at fanart and occasionally read fanfics. I used to read fanfic a lot more years ago. I don't look at PS doujinshi much, but the ones I've seen are good. I just wish I could understand them.

I guess I'll answer my own topic.

Yeah, I used to read more fanfiction than I do now, too. I don't know, I guess I got turned off when I gave a few longer ones a shot and ended up not liking them. I feel like there aren't enough good ones coming out to take a shot on any of them. Maybe I'm totally wrong, though. Well, when I do, I like either short-and-sappy or moderate-length, substantive and a little darker. I look at fanart sometimes, but I don't really have as much free time as I used to, so I haven't been doing much of that either (its stymied my attempts at writing a fic too).

Well, my favourite types of fanart tend to be more gesturing of the comical side of Pokeshipping, and the childlike side (I just adore relationships that have a childish innocence). As for fanfictions, I don't commonly read Pokeshipping ones, as with Pokeshipping, given the wide range, I can be disastrously picky. I suppose I prefer them to reflect on the nature of the shipping, and unless it's executed well, I don't tend to aim for reading AUs, if I wish to become involved. I also prefer to have (if it's what I'm seeking for), Pokeshipping at a focus, as sometimes, if it isn't, it will have already been resolved before the chapters of the fanfictions, whereas I desire a development.

I haven't been here in forever. Nothing new to report, I assume? It seems the norm for me these days it to randomly show up hoping there's news then disappear for a long time. I was hoping with a lot currently going on in the Pokemon Universe, with the anime and games and stuff, that maybe we'd luck and get something. :(

Actually looking back, it's been almost a year to this exact date (October 1st, 2012) since I last posted. I wonder what it is about this time of year that gets me in a Pokeshipping mood? lol

Anything pokeshippy or pokeshipping related stuffs really is interesting but I'm prefer the graphic arts and music videos, then fanarts would be next. Fanarts really do bring back time and nostalgic things, and somehow brightens and bring back the pokeshipping spirit once more.

Attachments

• cm__ii_gold_ring_951_by_kurumierika-d633w2r.png
    cm__ii_gold_ring_951_by_kurumierika-d633w2r.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 7,916
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom