• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Hi, I am new here, huge pokeshipping fan. Its clear from watching the original series the chemistry they have. I always like to think about how it would happen though. If they were finally reunited after far too many seasons of being apart, How do you think they would finally open up to one another? Im kind of OCD in a way that I like to know exactly how it happens. What do you think?

Welcome back Heiccu, and welcome snorlax1!

I really love Fan Arts and Fan Fics. I often use to draw bunch of fan art myself but because I've been pretty busy, I haven't had much time to devote to drawing.

I definitely understand being busy. I've hardly had any time to devote to writing fanfic in the past year, and I don't anticipate having any time until I graduate next May. I've been practicing when I can, but nothing I've written is worth publishing.

How do you think they would finally open up to one another?

Well, I don't know exactly how it'll happen, but I can certainly make something up! I would guess that it would happen at the very end of the series. They bring back all of Ash's old friends/companions when he goes through whatever final trial/tournament it takes to transcend to the rank of Pokemon Master. He'll win the title and afterwards, something will happen between them to what happened between May and Drew at the end of Battle Frontier. Ash will be standing in front of some majestic landscape, possibly a sunset, contemplating things. Misty will come up behind him and they'll start talking. It'll wind up with them dancing around the issue of their feelings for each other, and without saying anything, they'll just start holding hands, (laced fingers of course), and stand in silence. The camera zooms in on their hands. Then it cuts to the same shot, but there are wedding rings on their fingers, and their son is walking away into the sunset to start his very own journey. They'll all be waving good bye. Then Ash and Misty will have a conversation that'll fittingly wrap up the series coming full circle and final scene will say "The End" instead of "To Be Continued." And we'll all confusedly sob tears of joy and of sorrow, of course.

Does anyone remember the Jirachi movie from the AG series? When Ash said "I miss her everyday", I think it's pretty obvious that he's referring to Misty but could this be one of those rare moments where Ash showed canon affection toward a girl and not just simply a close friend?

Does anyone remember the Jirachi movie from the AG series? When Ash said "I miss her everyday", I think it's pretty obvious that he's referring to Misty but could this be one of those rare moments where Ash showed canon affection toward a girl and not just simply a close friend?

Unfortunately, that piece of dialogue was just added in the dub version; I don't think Ash actually mentions anything about missing anyone in the original version.

Oh! This fascinated me, though, someone on Tumblr, after seeing the XY relationship chart, put up a scan of an OS relationship chart:

Misty and Ash's relationship is defined, as you can see, by a "?". What makes me curious is when was this magazine published, since I think the time would have been a great influence. For instance, I believe it's early on in the series, if we just guessed by the "Wanted" poster of Team Rocket in the bottom right corner being rather similar to the one in EP002, then it would kind of make sense that it has a question mark beside it, since technically speaking, their relationship would've been harder to define, than, say Ash and Brock's, as Misty initially just followed him for a repayment (that's the reason she gives originally, anyways), whereas Brock hadn't any reason assimilating to that.
It's a lot more basic than the XY chart, where Ash's arrows are separate to his companions.
Even if it was early on, the question mark is definitely interesting. Anyone's thoughts?

Oh! This fascinated me, though, someone on Tumblr, after seeing the XY relationship chart, put up a scan of an OS relationship chart:

That guestion mark between Ash and Misty indeed is pretty interesting. I'd really like to know when that was published. I drew my attention to those short descriptions of the characters. The arrow between Ash and Brock says "shinyuu", which can be translated as 'a close friend'.
I tried to make clear what this chart says about Misty below her picture. If I read it right it says: "kenka mo suru ga, Satoshi wo ishiki shiteru", 'there are fights but she is aware of Satoshi', or something like that. What do you think that would mean?

I tried to make clear what this chart says about Misty below her picture. If I read it right it says: "kenka mo suru ga, Satoshi wo ishiki shiteru", 'there are fights but she is aware of Satoshi', or something like that. What do you think that would mean?

Perhaps it means aware, as in, looks out for? Like that, even though they fight, she'll look out for him at the end of the day.

In Japanese culture, often saying someone is "aware" of someone, it means that they probably care a lot more than they know.. they think about them often.

Hello everyone! What did I miss? How should I start this..hmm. First of all, @snorlax1: Welcome to the thread!

About that chart:
I really found it interesting about that question mark. I mean they could said they have a trainer-coach relationship, or simply put that they're friends/companions, but none. I guess there's really something that hasn't been said.XD

About the Jirachi movie:
I do remember that. I could really imagine the ''she'' there was pointing on to Misty, but sadly,it was only on the english dub. It would be more interesting to consider it as a hint if it's also the same thing with the original dub.

So what would Ash and Misty give each other for Christmas?
Ash should give his older hats for Misty. XD I guess Misty, for a present, should visit Ash in Pallet town. I don't know, but for me, a happy reunion would be fine.

Haven't done any pokeshippy stuff but here's a sketch:)
Photo0151_zps86d44066.jpg

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Yeah, that's what it says. But that's a very literal reading of it. In English context, it's equivalent to saying "Even though she argues with Satoshi, she cares about him".

Uuuuugh. Thank you for posting that, Likeitornot. My inner SatoKasu shipper is spazzing out right now. I've partially translated the charts here.

I know it's two days late for this, but here's an amusing and lazy Christmas present I whipped up for you guys:

g0gUWed.png

Fanart credit: 真琉樹

Oh yeah, Rica Matsumoto posted this cute little number a few days ago on Twitter:

Bb-oDTACIAAJmCG.jpg

Last edited:
Personaly, i love pokeshipping. I even had DREAMS of misty coming back in XY, and others of when the series ends, misty and ash together married with childeren who go off on a adventure themselves. pokeshiping 2.png GO POKESHIPPING!

P.S. POKESHIPPING4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems I only pop in here when I find relevant magazine scans to post. Ah well.

Anyways, the following images are all from a July 2004 issue of Beckett Anime Collector, when AG was first airing in the US: this article compares Misty & May, while this one details Ash along with some other anime heroes.

See if you can find anything the two articles have in common: it's rather obvious, given that I'm posting it here, but it's something neat regardless.

I have to say, with Ash's past with Serena, i'm starting to worry if Pokeshipping holds any water anymore. Ash and Serena have known each other for a long time, Serena's crush on Ash seems more confirmed and honestly, Serena is a lot nicer to Ash than Misty ever was.

Well, true, but I might say, let's just not look at it as that big rivalry threat to pokeshipping. it's actually cute..I can't deny it.Yes, Serena does have a crush on Ash but we find out that Misty also has a crush with Ash. They might not have this cheesy childhood memories but I may say, because of the bike encounter, they might not known each other, and it's something. Misty holds memories from Ash's mind, and that's her companionship with him during his journeys. Misty and his other companions are still in his mind, and I'm sure every each and one of them is someone who Ash holds onto dearly.

*coughs*
What about some topic guys?
Have you ever imagine Ash making chocolates for Misty?
If Ash would ask Misty out on a date, how will he say it?

Srebak said:
I have to say, with Ash's past with Serena, i'm starting to worry if Pokeshipping holds any water anymore. Ash and Serena have known each other for a long time, Serena's crush on Ash seems more confirmed and honestly, Serena is a lot nicer to Ash than Misty ever was.
I'm not very worried about that. They only met during the Oak's camp one Summer and when Serena appeared, Ash didn't even remember her until Serena explained what happened then. If that was just the case, then I myself wouldn't call them very close childhood friends. It already seems like some kind of rule, that when a girl from your past appears, you automically get to be together. Besides the season has just started and there has been only 16 episodes aired so far. Anything can still happen. And if I recall correctly, they used to promote PearlShipping a lot when DP started all those years ago. That didn't stop us supporting our favourite couple, right.

Hi! I'm new here, and might I say.....I absolutely admire Pokeshipping. I'm not afraid of Armourshipping at all because a new ship won't change my views!

Hello OfCorsola..welcome to the thread!

Anyways, I have edit a little with these pictures and it turned out a bit. emotional.. sad.XD..It's been a while since I've edited pictures and stuffs..
PicMonkeyCollage23_zps00a4c36b.png

PicMonkeyCollage2_zps3993cebe.png

This thread had been quiet for awhile eh? Have any other topics perhaps?

Pokeshipping just has something their that is unexplainable it is just a click Ash and Misty are the same age in anime also usually ten year old girls are taller then ten year old boys. It really doesn't relate to Romeo and Juilet in anyway Delia would be that's all cool and Daisy while not Misty's mother seems to be one in reltive rold to that but is older sister so would so encourage Misty to take the plunge with Ash. Ash and Misty both really like each other but their pride won't let them admit it to each other. All of Kanto, orange Islands and Johto know and part of Hoenn knows it. Seriously they are both only ones who doesn't know other one likes them as much as they like the other person and no sence trying to talk sence into stubborn people.

Back
Top Bottom