• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

What, you mean his Z-ring? Yes, she asked jokingly if she could have it.

It's kind of weird how this episode didn't show how Ash said goodbye to Misty or Brock. The episode just sort of ended with that last scene of them, and we didn't get to see anything else as Ash went back on the airplane. Since we know they're not in the next episode, it's kind of weird. I expected something similar to the farewells Misty had in AG with her just waving goodbye, but we didn't get that.

There's also the scene Ash asked them to visit Alola, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. For one thing the SM anime is going to be busy adapting the game plots with Lusamine and Team Aether, and of course the rest of the saga's events in general with Ash and the Kahuna's.

Also I get the feeling Gen 8 might come out towards the end of 2018, so Ash may not even be in Alola for more than another year and a half.

I know it was the Z-ring and it was a joke. I was joking as well...

As for the absence of a proper goodbye scene, I feel like they wasn't really able to fit that in, prioritising the battles. Also, back in the day they always had a farewell scene, even with the cotds, if I recall correctly.

Overall though I was satisfied with their interactions in the latest episode. Especially loved how they still want to impress each other. Misty being all smug when Ash was impressed with the interchangeable battlefield as well as Ash acting similarly after Misty complemented his improvements. And the bickering, of course!

Yeah, they didn't do this in Misty's last cameos back in AG. Misty's personality there was still more like her Johto self, where she was more calmed down and subdued. And Ash was written more mature back than compared to now in SM. I guess that's why there Ash/Misty interaction in AG felt so bland, and for most of Johto with virtually no real shipping or memorable interactions.

Seemed like their SM interactions were more in line with what people liked in Kanto/Orange Islands. It's funny because it puts into perspective what went wrong the other times in previous sagas.

sk.png
ks2.png

@sonw Welcome to the forums, glad to see you posting in this section. If you wouldn't mind, could you add some sort of text or description into why you added those images so it can generate further discussion in the thread? Thank you!

I haven't been on here in over 4 years. I'll just say this. I'm glad we got the episodes we did with Misty and Brock. Ash's reactions to Misty were cute, the flirty teasing was back, and it reassured me that Pokeshipping still has a chance, however small.

And it was great to see the original trio back together, though I wish we could've gotten more screentime with just the three of them.

I'll start a new topic.

Do you think Misty and Brock will make another appearance in Sun and Moon?

It is quite probable - maybe around the time of the league as spectators?

It is quite probable - maybe around the time of the league as spectators?

I like this idea. We'd get to see that Misty and Brock are still supporting Ash after all this time and it affords another opportunity for Pokeshippy interactions.

I'll start a new topic.

Do you think Misty and Brock will make another appearance in Sun and Moon?

Probably not. Misty/Brock's appearance was really only for the 20th anniversary, it's the only reason Misty even got another cameo after 12 years and 3 gens in a row of her not appearing at all (DP, BW and XY) since 2005. If it wasn't the 20th anniversary last year in 2017, most likely she and Brock would not have appeared in SM at all.

Characters also usually don't get a second cameo in the same region after they left, minor exception between the second AG cameo but back then Misty was the only old character off the show besides Tracey. By the time we get to the end of SM the writers will be too busy wrapping up the characters of this arc and preparing for Gen 8.

I think that's basically it for another decade.

Probably not. Misty/Brock's appearance was really only for the 20th anniversary, it's the only reason Misty even got another cameo after 12 years and 3 gens in a row of her not appearing at all (DP, BW and XY) since 2005. If it wasn't the 20th anniversary last year in 2017, most likely she and Brock would not have appeared in SM at all.

Characters also usually don't get a second cameo in the same region after they left, minor exception between the second AG cameo but back then Misty was the only old character off the show besides Tracey. By the time we get to the end of SM the writers will be too busy wrapping up the characters of this arc and preparing for Gen 8.

I think that's basically it for another decade.

You're probably right, but one can dream. Also, Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

New Topic so this thread can keep going.

Ash and Misty are together and decide to go on vacation in Alola. What would be the places Ash would want to show Misty?

EDIT: I guess I'll answer my own question. I think Hau'oli City would be a place Misty would want to see because it's a business center with a lot of shopping and a beautiful beach where they could have some romantic moments. The Seafolk Village would be an ideal spot for catching Water Pokemon and I think Misty would love to do some fishing for some new Pokemon. In fact, I think they would go all over Alola because there's so much water and beautiful scenery.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that no one here was hyped for Misty showing up in newest anime poster.
No offense, but maybe all of you assumed that this ship is now sunk?

Yesssss!!!! :D Misty and Brock come back again I so happy :D I watched 43 ep SM and when Misty want Ash's Z-Ring was cute :D I hope we get more :) The creators certainly did not do it without a reason. I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

I'm surprised that no one here was hyped for Misty showing up in newest anime poster.
No offense, but maybe all of you assumed that this ship is now sunk?
I think that the response is still big. Misty is the first pokegirl of Ash (it started 20 years ago) so for so many years, there are pokeshipping still have many fans. (it's easy to see it on tumblr, pivix etc. becasue there Pokeshiping is still alive and it collects a lot of likes, no less than amourshipping which is much younger and fresher)

I remember last episod XYZ "The director and the head of the storyboard for the episode, Tetsuo Yajima, stated on Twitter that there was a message in this episode, and that it was written in 'flower language'. At the last scene of the episode, when Ash is shown entering his house, the white flowers in the foreground are Baby's Breath flowers, which symbolize everlasting love. Misty's Japanese name "Kasumi", is also the name of this flower in Japan." And we get Kasumi :D

This is very interesting and not something I had previously heard of.

tumblr_om5spvpOcK1sori6yo2_1280.png
This is the link to Yajima's tweets btw.

What is really interesting is how vague this "message in flower language" is.
The only things we know are that the plant in question is Gypsophila/Baby's Breath/カスミソウ (Kasumisou), that is growing in front of Hanako's house and that Satoshi & Pikachu have just returned home after a journey (which ended with Serena kissing our boy).

The meaning of the flower seems to be of an innocent/everlasting love in a romantic, platonic or familial sense (both on English & Japanese language flower language websites) OR reconnecting with lost loved ones.

Frankly, the relationship in question could be between Satoshi and his mother, Serena, Kasumi or even Pikachu, OR EVEN the relationship between the anime and its viewership! There is however no getting away from the fact that カスミ (Kasumi) is a derivation of カスミソウ (Kasumisou) or that Satoshi and Kasumi are reunited not long after this scene following a VERY long separation...

What did Yajima intend the meaning to be I don't know, but there's no way he wasn't aware of the etymological connection between the flower and Satoshi's first travelling companion.

I seriously doubt the XY series, which last episode ended with Serena kissing Ash, would be referencing Misty of all characters, especially when XY had very little continuity and was the only saga not to bring back any old companions for a cameo, lol.

Anyway, Misty is getting another SM cameo which I'm sure everyone knows. I didn't really think her first appearance had much shipping besides a little playful banter, what do you expect for the second? I imagine her next appearance will be her final appearance for a long time, probably for another 10 years till the 30th anniversary. So I think her next 2 (or however long she sticks around for), eps will be it for a long time, since the Kanto and 20th anniversary promotion will be pretty much over after the SM gen ends. Similar to how her cameos originally stopped back in mid-AG in 2005 and she missed 3 gens in a row (DP, BW and XY), besides minor references.

Another thing to note, is Misty/Brock aren't in the new SM opening at all. Kinda strange, they even put Misty in DP's second opening "High Touch" when she never actually returned in any of the eps that saga.

Scott is that you? :rolleyes:

RE the flower message, as I said it is ambiguous but probably intentionally so. How many flowers must represent love? Yajima could have picked practically anything, but he chose a flower which shares its name with Kasumi.

Back
Top Bottom